The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Gameplay is good. More dynamic and faster tha even 3.

Narrative elements and characters are straight fecal matter though. :scust:
Man I wish the trilogy had the graphics of Andromeda.
You can tell they got rid of the rpg elements of the first game but honestly I enjoyed that
I said a couple of pages back that the more I play the first game the closer it is to ME2. Before I had 1/3 in a distant 2nd & 3rd, but I really enjoy playing ME1 as much as ME2. ME1 is also the only one that feels like a space adventure.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man I wish the trilogy had the graphics of Andromeda.

I said a couple of pages back that the more I play the first game the closer it is to ME2. Before I had 1/3 in a distant 2nd & 3rd, but I really enjoy playing ME1 as much as ME2. ME1 is also the only one that feels like a space adventure.

me1 is my fav game
me3 has the goat combat system though

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
me1 is my fav game
me3 has the goat combat system though
Andromeda has the GOAT combat system imo. You can't control your squads powers but you don't have to, since they use them frequently on their own. The levels being massive also give you more breathing room. I love the trilogy but the levels were claustrophobic.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Andromeda has the GOAT combat system imo. You can't control your squads powers but you don't have to, since they use them frequently on their own. The levels being massive also give you more breathing room. I love the trilogy but the levels were claustrophobic.

:jbhmm:
gonna play it after this

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Characters are kinda boring. You really see just how much chemistry the OG crew when you play this. That's why if you're going to get any enjoyment out of Andromeda, do not compare it to the trilogy whatsoever.

:to:

damn bioware fd up :scust:

I love the connections to the oG crew thats why when even I had a chance to kill ashley in me3 i was like nah thats my og bae who saved me many times on my insanity run throughs in me1

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:to:

damn bioware fd up :scust:

I love the connections to the oG crew thats why when even I had a chance to kill ashley in me3 i was like nah thats my og bae who saved me many times on my insanity run throughs in me1
Bioware fukked up twice. The budget being cut for ME3 was no excuse for the lazy writing and endings, and when they got the green light for another ME game they decided to do a spinoff. The new game we're getting now should've been in place of Andromeda.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Shepard crash landed on the Citadel right? Because looking in the ending montage the rubble in the pic of the Citadel looks exactly like what Shepard is buried under. I'm guessing the crew went back to look for him/her when your love interest refuses to put your name on the memorial wall.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
finished :to:

me3 ending still azz but still was a fun ride.
are u actually gonna play andromeda? the gameplay's solid but i highly suggest skipping all cutscenes etc., i have a high tolerance for campy/awful stories and still couldn't suffer thru that one lol.

not being able to control squadmate powers feels awful since it kinda shoehorns you into a build where you have all primers and they have all detonators, or the other way around. also teammates with strong passives like cora become imba but if you're not playing for the story who cares about bringing the same ppl along on every mission? :russ:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
are u actually gonna play andromeda? the gameplay's solid but i highly suggest skipping all cutscenes etc., i have a high tolerance for campy/awful stories and still couldn't suffer thru that one lol.

not being able to control squadmate powers feels awful since it kinda shoehorns you into a build where you have all primers and they have all detonators, or the other way around. also teammates with strong passives like cora become imba but if you're not playing for the story who cares about bringing the same ppl along on every mission? :russ:

:camby:

Powers

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i think people got talked into repeating this or something, because after playing both recently - andromeda sucks specifically because there's nothing worth fighting and the variety of tools available replaced the impact that made ME3's ability shine.

andromeda doesn't have enemies that will slowly corner you and while reinforcing themselves like cerberus, it doesn't have the reaper-asari hybrids that will choke slam you right through cover, geth coming at you in the form of collosi as well as snipers who bounce off ceilings and walls, etc.

its got boring wildlife, poorly designed encounters everywhere, and the main enemy is a watered down version of the collectors. the enemies are not engaging at all so all your tools fail to stand out.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
i think people got talked into repeating this or something, because after playing both recently - andromeda sucks specifically because there's nothing worth fighting and the variety of tools available replaced the impact that made ME3's ability shine.

andromeda doesn't have enemies that will slowly corner you and while reinforcing themselves like cerberus, it doesn't have the reaper-asari hybrids that will choke slam you right through cover, geth coming at you in the form of collosi as well as snipers who bounce off ceilings and walls, etc.

its got boring wildlife, poorly designed encounters everywhere, and the main enemy is a watered down version of the collectors. the enemies are not engaging at all so all your tools fail to stand out.
Damn near everyone agrees that it's the one thing Andromeda has over the trilogy. Powers not being tied to a specific class and better evasive maneuvers give it the edge. Why don't you try playing it on a harder difficulty to see just how much your tools standout. The irony of your post is that it reads like every person that automatically hated Andromeda, so they've talked themselves into believing that nothing Andromeda did could be better than the trilogy. I love the first 2 ME games, but ME3 was a huge letdown. Nothing in Andromeda is worse than Kai Leng. :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn near everyone agrees that it's the one thing Andromeda has over the trilogy. Powers not being tied to a specific class and better evasive maneuvers give it the edge. Why don't you try playing it on a harder difficulty to see just how much your tools standout. The irony of your post is that it reads like every person that automatically hated Andromeda, so they've talked themselves into believing that nothing Andromeda did could be better than the trilogy. I love the first 2 ME games, but ME3 was a huge letdown. Nothing in Andromeda is worse than Kai Leng. :pachaha:

Yeah, i loved the combo’s you could string together in Andromeda with special abilities, It pretty much threw all the rpg-ness in the bushes and gave almost zero reason to have additional squad members with you but it was more engaging.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
people also say ME3 was only bad because of the ending but it had problems from the very start too. its like some default, must-be-said thing and its really not accurate

you have more freedom, sure. is it better?

powers not being tied to anything means all of nothing when there's nothing worth fighting, no stand out advantages of abilities versus others, lack of identity, etc. you can run it back yourself. the jetpack will bore you to death too because there's simply no point to it lol. its got more use for the jumping puzzles that no one asked for than the combat itself. half of them blend into the others too

like there's two different kinds of sentries, for what. incinerate and warp occupy the same space because of the hamfisted combo system. a lot of the AoE stuff never even got another look despite the fact that most of andromeda's fights are in wide open environments. lets not even get into the mod/equipment system that's somehow worse than ME1's