The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Not going to lie, I kind of regretted keeping her alive as she literally complained on every mission I took her on :mjlol:

Pressly was giving off :mjpls: vibes as well, so I didn’t bother conversing with him while on the ship.

didn't shed a tear when pressly ided :blessed:
Only thing about ashley is she's a tank I've flown through insanity in mass effec twith her and never had to revive her

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Finally finished ME2 Vanguard run on Insanity, all missions and assignments completed. What a letdown. Y'all nikkas hyped the shyt outta this dude. :unimpressed:

The Vanguard class from ME1 going into ME2 got a big nerf, and it was overrated in ME1. No native way to deal with enemies at range, nothing for shields or barriers, and no native way to deal with armor except Incendiary Ammo. :skip:

The signature class skill randomly malfunctions (won't work at all even when in range) or misfires (activates the cooldown but doesn't charge), can't be used on many enemies or in many situations (Human Reaper, Oculus, airborne Praetorians, dudes on ledges, etc.), and does little damage to protection layers. Without it, you have Shockwave, Pull, and/or a bonus power. :picard:

ME3 should be smoother with an expanded skill tree and more weapons and weapon types available, but nah, in ME and ME2, Vanguard is only the "combat" class for motherfukkers that can't shoot. :manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Finally finished ME2 Vanguard run on Insanity, all missions and assignments completed. What a letdown. Y'all nikkas hyped the shyt outta this dude. :unimpressed:

The Vanguard class from ME1 going into ME2 got a big nerf, and it was overrated in ME1. No native way to deal with enemies at range, nothing for shields or barriers, and no native way to deal with armor except Incendiary Ammo. :skip:

The signature class skill randomly malfunctions (won't work at all even when in range) or misfires (activates the cooldown but doesn't charge), can't be used on many enemies or in many situations (Human Reaper, Oculus, airborne Praetorians, dudes on ledges, etc.), and does little damage to protection layers. Without it, you have Shockwave, Pull, and/or a bonus power. :picard:

ME3 should be smoother with an expanded skill tree and more weapons and weapon types available, but nah, in ME and ME2, Vanguard is only the "combat" class for motherfukkers that can't shoot. :manny:
Would you happen to be referring to Charge as I'm on my first run of ME2 playing Vanguard and it doesn't work half the time?

Son Goku

Daps
Would you happen to be referring to Charge as I'm on my first run of ME2 playing Vanguard and it doesn't work half the time?

Yes, Biotic Charge. :dwillhuh:

There can be no powers on cooldown, an enemy in sight and within Charge's range, and Shep will glow likes he's using a biotic ability then say something like "can't target them" or some shyt and not end up charging.
:what:

At other times all the requirements are 'met' on a valid target and the cooldown gets burned but no biotic gawd.
:martin:

shyt is aight when it works but lame that it's not consistent and doesn't really work versus bosses.

Vanguard isn't a bad class in ME2, but it's mos def not stronger than Sentinel, Soulja, or Infiltrator. (Still better than a pwussy-ass engineer though. :pacspit: )

It might be more "fun" than other classes but that's subjective and highly irrelevant. :yeshrug:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps

There can be no powers on cooldown, an enemy in sight and within Charge's range, and Shep will glow likes he's using a biotic ability then say something like "can't target them" or some shyt and not end up charging.

At other times all the requirements are 'met' on a valid target and the cooldown gets burned but no biotic gawd.

shyt is aight when it works but lame that it's not consistent and doesn't really work versus bosses.

Vanguard isn't a bad class in ME2, but it's mos def not stronger than Sentinel, Soulja, or Infiltrator. (Still better than a pwussy-ass engineer though. :pacspit: )

It might be more "fun" than other classes but that's subjective and highly irrelevant. :yeshrug:
Wait until you do your run though of 3, then see much love you got for Vanguard.

This is not modded. This is just how insane you can be as a Vanguard
Beast mode

Son Goku

Daps
Wait until you do your run though of 3, then see much love you got for Vanguard.

This is not modded. This is just how insane you can be as a Vanguard
Beast mode

No disrespect, but I'm a Mass Effect OG. I've already played around as a Vanguard on SP and MP in ME3, I know what they can do in 3.

Having never taken one from the beginning of 1 thru the end of 3 I didn't know how fukking weak they were in the first two games. :hhh:
(I had only messed around with one briefly in 2 before this.)

More skill point and talents, possibly shorter cooldowns, access to any weapons in the game, and Nova got them looking thicc, solid, tight. :dame:

(But literally evey single class got buffed in 3 except the mighty Soulja, which got hard nerfs. :mjcry: )

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

huh-jr-smith.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I forgot how dope mass effect 1/2/3(except last ten min is)

Crazy how mass effect 1 and 2 more than a decade old is still so crack, this is what gaming should be. Immersive, fun, great story.

How could you forget. Bruh ME1 is all you ever posted about on SOHH. I think you beat it like 20 times.

What’s funny is I don’t even remember your SOHH name anymore since you changed that shyt so much. I just remember you stayed playing ME1.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
How could you forget. Bruh ME1 is all you ever posted about on SOHH. I think you beat it like 20 times.

What’s funny is I don’t even remember your SOHH name anymore since you changed that shyt so much. I just remember you stayed playing ME1.

:heh: yep my fav game ever

i think my last sohh name was tha main attraction

I've put in 37.5 hours in the past two weeks playing me 1 and 2 and now i'm on 3
goat gaming experience

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

:ehh:

im a soldier got a scope on my assault rifle i cant be touched

Son Goku

Daps
In ME1 a Soulja has Immunity, Adr Burst, and innate health regen. The Vanguard only has Adr Burst, and Barrier, which a Soulja could take as a bonus power.

In ME2 a Soulja has +50 health and a power that ramps damage versus all enemy types and all enemies, including bosses. They have only have 1 other activated power but have snipers and ARs for dealing with folks at mid to long range. Vanguard has the same health as a damn Engineer or Adept, no powers that work at range (except Shockwave, kinda), and their class skill can only touch certain targets. :mjlol:

In ME3 Vanguards got Nova and became beastly if you spam Charge & Nova. That same repetitive type of play is somehow less boring than playing the game as a cover shooter Soulja though. :stopitslime:

Vanguard was definitely not OP the whole trilogy like a lot of folks claim, and even a fully-kitted Soldier that ignores weapon weight is still fukking people up with the quickness, especially with all the DLC weapons. A Wraith/Venom+Typhoon+Black Widow Soulja is still a walking nightmare. :manny:

:ehh:

im a soldier got a scope on my assault rifle i cant be touched

I like a machine gun (no scope) + heavy sniper rifle combo myself. :ahh:

I also like doing Horizon early both run throughs and using a maxed-out Saber with no scope as well. :ooh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In ME1 a Soulja has Immunity, Adr Burst, and innate health regen. The Vanguard only has Adr Burst, and Barrier, which a Soulja could take as a bonus power.

In ME2 a Soulja has +50 health and a power that ramps damage versus all enemy types and all enemies, including bosses. They have only have 1 other activated power but have snipers and ARs for dealing with folks at mid to long range. Vanguard has the same health as a damn Engineer or Adept, no powers that work at range (except Shockwave, kinda), and their class skill can only touch certain targets. :mjlol:

In ME3 Vanguards got Nova and became beastly if you spam Charge & Nova. That same repetitive type of play is somehow less boring than playing the game as a cover shooter Soulja though. :stopitslime:

Vanguard was definitely not OP the whole trilogy like a lot of folks claim, and even a fully-kitted Soldier that ignores weapon weight is still fukking people up with the quickness, especially with all the DLC weapons. A Wraith/Venom+Typhoon+Black Widow Soulja is still a walking nightmare. :manny:

I like a machine gun (no scope) + heavy sniper rifle combo myself. :ahh:

I also like doing Horizon early both run throughs and using a maxed-out Saber with no scope as well. :ooh:

:noah:

just got my og pawg ashley back in me3 after being paragon in that udina scene

old gang is back, shepard liara and ashley

ashley is a tank :blessed:

2 spectres

Son Goku

Daps
:noah:

just got my og pawg ashley back in me3 after being paragon in that udina scene

old gang is back, shepard liara and ashley

ashley is a tank :blessed:

2 spectres

:scusthov: I don't have Liara do shyt except stay her blue ass in the Normandy kitchen, but to each Shep his (or her) own. :hubie: