The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's the goat .. I can't get past like 2hrs in me3
I finally did and man... It kind of devolved to turning every level into a horde mode instead of the cinematic hallway shooter.

The game is alsi excessively combat heavy and not a lot of worthwhile story moments outside of Genophage and Geth War.

Mass Effect 2 had the best balance. There is always world building and well crafted story driven narrative while paced magnificently with the combat. Then, you had so many unique combat scenarios. A shyt ton of hub worlds, N7 missions, and amazing storytelling.

Mass Effect 3 feels like a product of crunch and refusing to give the devs more time. Mods improve it, but it doesn't finish a rushed game.

The whole thing is about uniting the races and going to war... It's almost like Mass Effect 2 with recruiting a team, but with complete races. So, I was expecting to go to more homeworlds, more races, and more internal conflicts with so much richer storytelling. Turian don't even get a real priority mission or go back to Iluim.

On top of them completely cutting out Mass Effect 2 squad mates is really shytty.

Still a fun game, but damn... It's not an unrealistic expectation things. It's just shytty Bioware management as seen with Andromeda, Dragon Age 4, and Anthem.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I finally did and man... It kind of devolved to turning every level into a horde mode instead of the cinematic hallway shooter.

The game is alsi excessively combat heavy and not a lot of worthwhile story moments outside of Genophage and Geth War.

Mass Effect 2 had the best balance. There is always world building and well crafted story driven narrative while paced magnificently with the combat. Then, you had so many unique combat scenarios. A shyt ton of hub worlds, N7 missions, and amazing storytelling.

Mass Effect 3 feels like a product of crunch and refusing to give the devs more time. Mods improve it, but it doesn't finish a rushed game.

The whole thing is about uniting the races and going to war... It's almost like Mass Effect 2 with recruiting a team, but with complete races. So, I was expecting to go to more homeworlds, more races, and more internal conflicts with so much richer storytelling. Turian don't even get a real priority mission or go back to Iluim.

On top of them completely cutting out Mass Effect 2 squad mates is really shytty.

Still a fun game, but damn... It's not an unrealistic expectation things. It's just shytty Bioware management as seen with Andromeda, Dragon Age 4, and Anthem.
Damn so it ain't just me burnt out by mass effect.. I knew it was kinda off.. I like the improved combat but the story isn't hitting like 2

Thanks for not spoiling shyt either bruh, cos I will eventually try to get back into it one day:salute:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Also, I'm sick of running around with my damn gun drawn:hhh:

Why the fukk am I running around, no enemies in sight, with a fukking gun pointed at everything :hhh:

Lazy as fukk... And kinda kills it for me. Cos it zooms in with the gun drawn and your vision is reduced:hhh:

Yeah fukk this trash ass game:camby:

Daps
Also, I'm sick of running around with my damn gun drawn:hhh:

Why the fukk am I running around, no enemies in sight, with a fukking gun pointed at everything :hhh:

Lazy as fukk... And kinda kills it for me. Cos it zooms in with the gun drawn and your vision is reduced:hhh:

Yeah fukk this trash ass game:camby:

I’m the same way, I have it so bad I put my gun and sword away in all games if possible.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is coming to EA Play and also Xbox Game Pass on January 6th 2022. Totally made sense to skip out on buying it. Less than a year later it cost nothing to play if you have either.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might say fukk it, and download it again on XBox for another trilogy run. :wow:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This is coming to EA Play and also Xbox Game Pass on January 6th 2022. Totally made sense to skip out on buying it. Less than a year later it cost nothing to play if you have either.

I guess there's no sense in going to the movies since you can just wait for them to come out on TV/streams. :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess there's no sense in going to the movies since you can just wait for them to come out on TV/streams. :skip:
Due to COVID that's probably the best answer. In this case we had a series that the latest game is approaching a decade old. If you waited this long what's another six months to a year? If you already played it not really much new to see here.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Due to COVID that's probably the best answer. In this case we had a series that the latest game is approaching a decade old. If you waited this long what's another six months to a year? If you already played it not really much new to see here.

I'm an OG trilogy-er so I didn't see the sense in buying the LE anyways, but for folks that did, unless their pockets were hurting that bad, there's no sense in waiting half a year to a year when rona coulda came in and got you out the paint.
:huhldup:

I'm also legit confused as to how GP is profitable, especially for new releases? Is MS licensing these games for more than they'd be selling for? Are games ever removed from GP? How does this shyt work?
(Not even trolling just :flabbynsick:.)

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
wow this looks beautiful. even the shooting feels crisp. played the OG a year ago and couldn't do it but with this remaster...... IN :mjlit:

any tips/things i should look out for. I'm noticing i gotta hit the enemy a lot before they go down. looks like i have to upgrade weapons?

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Been playing a lot of RE5 lately. If the gunplay in the ME games was up to par of the RE 4/5 or the remakes then MAAAAANNN :damn::damn::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::damn::damn::banderas::damn:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
wow this looks beautiful. even the shooting feels crisp. played the OG a year ago and couldn't do it but with this remaster...... IN :mjlit:

any tips/things i should look out for. I'm noticing i gotta hit the enemy a lot before they go down. looks like i have to upgrade weapons?
Equip pistols with acid rounds since that'll make light work of Geth enemies. Save Zhu's Hope because they'll become assets in ME3. The Virmire decision is basically all about preference.