The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The overall consensus I’m getting from the reviews is that it’s average at best with the highlight being the trio’s performances, but a weak villain and a questionable plot

Still undecided if I’ll go catch a matinee or just wait for it to hit D+ :manny:
So basically a lot of phase 1 and phase 2 movies.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
first half of this was actually kinda fun tbh

mad laughs and theres a scene where I was surprisingly dying at Nick Fury :russ:

Nick: "start flying dammit or this bytch aint finna finish high school! :damn:"

Monica: "I dunno how, I never did it! :flabbynsick:"

Nick: "c'mon girl use ya core! :damn:"

the rest of it I really wasnt fukkin with tho ngl :francis:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
:mjpls: Bruhs should already know MCU’s Storm. Is not going to be booed up with a brotha. It happens in the comics lol.
Also she's probably going to continue to be secondary character status; she probably won't even get a romantic story line.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I'mma just say it. Female directors do not have a good track record with these super hero/sci fi films.
Its like they see archie comics as the archetype for comicbook story telling.
i would only trust kathryn bigelow and thats with something like Black Widow or Captain America

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:yeshrug: Maybe I’m reaching but mainstream wise I think Storm. Is Marvel’s most known female superhero. It’s their Wonder Woman if not then who is?
even more, prior to the black panther movie, she was probably the most recognizable black super hero in all of comics. men or women.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i keep telling yall, one major issue is that most directors dont understand how to shoot cosmic and superman level heroes.

Most Studios/directors arent interested in coming up with a visual style or put effort into the choreography and sequencing. Zack Snyder is the only director who really focused on this aspect (it was the only thing he cared about in regards to Superman :mjlol: ) and that alone makes MoS a watchable movie. (additionally, Raimi and Scott Derrickson did a lot of cool stuff with Strange as well, but i get the feeling that the universe bending visual style of Stranges magic was a Studio Mandate that CLEARLY was inspired by DNEGs visual effects in Inception.)

Because nearly all of the fighting scenes are going to be reliant on CGI, most directors dont have the chops to make the fight "work" in the context of their film. They rely on the animators who (when given enough time) make the fight look bright and shiny but often time theres no real narrative in the fights themselves, their purpose is to be time filling set pieces to show off the CGI.

Thats where practical effects come in and can make a great difference in enhancing the narrative of a film and having its own language. Say what you want about Black Panther 2, its clear Coogler learned from his mistakes in Bp1 and made a concerted effort in BP2 to improve the fight scenes. The fights between Okoye and Attuma (rd1) and Shuri and Namor are excellent (the wakanda army vs the atlanteans is exactly the kind of generic set piece I mentioned earlier tho) .

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
i keep telling yall, one major issue is that most directors dont understand how to shoot cosmic and superman level heroes.

Most Studios/directors arent interested in coming up with a visual style or put effort into the choreography and sequencing. Zack Snyder is the only director who really focused on this aspect (it was the only thing he cared about in regards to Superman :mjlol: ) and that alone makes MoS a watchable movie. (additionally, Raimi and Scott Derrickson did a lot of cool stuff with Strange as well, but i get the feeling that the universe bending visual style of Stranges magic was a Studio Mandate that CLEARLY was inspired by DNEGs visual effects in Inception.)

Because nearly all of the fighting scenes are going to be reliant on CGI, most directors dont have the chops to make the fight "work" in the context of their film. They rely on the animators who (when given enough time) make the fight look bright and shiny but often time theres no real narrative in the fights themselves, their purpose is to be time filling set pieces to show off the CGI.

Thats where practical effects come in and can make a great difference in enhancing the narrative of a film and having its own language. Say what you want about Black Panther 2, its clear Coogler learned from his mistakes in Bp1 and made a concerted effort in BP2 to improve the fight scenes. The fights between Okoye and Attuma (rd1) and Shuri and Namor are excellent (the wakanda army vs the atlanteans is exactly the kind of generic set piece I mentioned earlier tho) .
I keep beating the drum that I will not endorse movies that act 3 is a CGI monster fight, or a boxing match between two superheroes with the same powers. It's so lazy and the stakes mean nothing. CGI bad guys are paper tigers