The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is probably gonna be the first mcu movie i don't see in theaters. 15 year streak about to die. i even saw fukkin Black Widow. it doesn't look terrible, i just don't give a shyt. i don't give $15 of a shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If it does bomb, it'll more-so be an indictment on Feige, the MCU, and Disney for not having a real plan for the character. To the general public, Cap Marvel was a blank slate no one knew nothing about other than she's "apparently" the Wonder Woman/Supergirl for Marvel... which was enough to get the Barbie demo to show up for CM1. (the A:IW stimulus package is moot, bc MCU Spidey ate off Civil War, RDJ, End Game, etc,. That shyt is par the course, but doesn't gurantee lucrative success unless there's an inherent appeal).

Put another way: 150 million budget, peak good will of the MCU brand, blank canvas to make a "superman in space" story with any hot blonde actress in Hollywood... give her any personality bc nobody reads or gives a fukk about actual comic books... yet a stiff, lifeless, mid depiction was the best they could come up with? $1 billion worth of eyes tuning in and that was the product they sold? Tch

Then they shelved her for 90% of End Game (likely bc they didn't have a plan for her or her abilities), when she actually needed screen time with the OGs for audiences to actually get the personality that was shelved in her own solo movie lol. The character will be "blamed" but they sabo'd her bad.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
If this movie bombs, I would officially declare that the Comic Book Movie era to be over. Videogame movies are all the rage in the 2020s. Comic book movies are streaming status.

Nope. New spidey, batman, joker, hell even deadpool or X-men doing numbers. Disney has just done a shyt job of building new characters post end game.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If it does bomb, it'll more-so be an indictment on Feige, the MCU, and Disney for not having a real plan for the character. To the general public, Cap Marvel was a blank slate no one knew nothing about other than she's "apparently" the Wonder Woman/Supergirl for Marvel... which was enough to get the Barbie demo to show up for CM1. (the A:IW stimulus package is moot, bc MCU Spidey ate off Civil War, RDJ, End Game, etc,. That shyt is par the course, but doesn't gurantee lucrative success unless there's an inherent appeal).

Put another way: 150 million budget, peak good will of the MCU brand, blank canvas to make a "superman in space" story with any hot blonde actress in Hollywood... give her any personality bc nobody reads or gives a fukk about actual comic books... yet a stiff, lifeless, mid depiction was the best they could come up with? $1 billion worth of eyes tuning in and that was the product they sold? Tch

Then they shelved her for 90% of End Game (likely bc they didn't have a plan for her or her abilities), when she actually needed screen time with the OGs for audiences to actually get the personality that was shelved in her own solo movie lol. The character will be "blamed" but they sabo'd her bad.
If Chadwick wasn't sick you'd think End game woulda been BP, strange, and Cap Marvel taking lead most the flick to set up the future era

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If they wanted to continue towards an Avengers arc without Cap/Stark then the natural move would be to make Spider-Man the focal point of the group as he's the most popular character and then everyone else could get the stimulus off him. But that also points to how dumb it is that Disney/Marvel never bought the rights back from Sony.

Make no mistake, I'm glad they didn't because then we wouldn't have the 'Spiderverse' movies.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they wanted to continue towards an Avengers arc without Cap/Stark then the natural move would be to make Spider-Man the focal point of the group as he's the most popular character and then everyone else could get the stimulus off him. But that also points to how dumb it is that Disney/Marvel never bought the rights back from Sony.

Make no mistake, I'm glad they didn't because then we wouldn't have the 'Spiderverse' movies.

You can't buy something if no one is willing to sell it.

Sony is never gonna give up the rights to Spider-Man, and I don't blame them.

Fred.