The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I just don’t see how they survive for two-three more years with what they currently have.

FYZU76EXEAMlxfo

Which of these movies is getting butts in theaters? shyt a few of them got pushed back already too. I see this being another throw away phase just like 4 was

The disney + shows outside of Daredevil are gonna be throwaways also. No one cares about Echo and Agatha.

You really talking some crazy extremes!

Look, I think people got spoiled by Marvel thinking a billion movie is the norm.

If we being honest, anything over $400M-$500M is successful and that’s putting butts in seats.

Also the same thing you saying about that line up was the same thing people said about Guardians, Black Panther, Antman, Dr Strange, etc movies 15-20 years ago.

I think their track record is fairly solid at this point where the still can have the benefit of doubt verse having this constant doubt.

The things that some of y’all considered “flops” have been great successes for other IPOs or franchises

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The Marvel hype at the time + China definitely carried that movie.

People hate Brie Larson now and hate the character, that shyt ain’t touching guardians numbers. Too many back to back turds from marvel poisoned the well, on top of a character people already don’t love? Yeah….

People don’t hate her…. It’s fake hate for whatever agenda. Jada Pinkett to me is someone that is hated

It’s not like she getting death threats…. A lot the shyt is overblown.

Any Marvel movie that comes out gets Marvel hype…. Not sure what that means, not like a Marvel movie can get …. I don’t know….. GI Joe hype.

All franchise have their own hype… Fast get Fast hype, DC movies get DC hype, Star Wars movies get Star Wars hype and so on lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don’t see how they survive for two-three more years with what they currently have.

FYZU76EXEAMlxfo

Which of these movies is getting butts in theaters? shyt a few of them got pushed back already too. I see this being another throw away phase just like 4 was

The disney + shows outside of Daredevil are gonna be throwaways also. No one cares about Echo and Agatha.
It must have been one of the reasons why they're pushing up Deadpool 3 to May, but hopefully not to the detriment of its quality.

Daps
People keep saying “this Movie benefitted from Avengers” maybe….. but that movie don’t make CM1 a billion dollar movie. You gotta have legs to get there and you don’t get it in a weekend.

We’ve seen it many times where a movie can have a big opening weekend and if people don’t like it drops dramatically the following weeks. That did T happen with the first, so if people hated it and only watch cuz if Avengers? Then how did it substain the tracking to get to a billion?

Surely some people would’ve been like “meh” don’t see it.

If there was only some other marvel between Infinity War and Endgame we can compare it to? It’s not like a sequel to a well received Ant-Man movie made way less than Captain Marvel 1. Right?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

FYZU76EXEAMlxfo

Yeah, Marvel won't "survive" the next couple of years. lol Do you hear yourself? They may not get a billion dollar movie but Cap 4 and Thunderbolts will do well.
Agatha is going to have Aubrey Plaza so I'm checking for it. lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also the same thing you saying about that line up was the same thing people said about Guardians, Black Panther, Antman, Dr Strange, etc movies 15-20 years ago.

Marvel had momentum on their side for that run. You’re mentioning movies that released alongside Civil War, and MCU spider-Man, GoTG 2, and bookended with Infinity War.

Where are those big A listers for phase 5?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, Marvel won't "survive" the next couple of years. lol Do you hear yourself? They may not get a billion dollar movie but Cap 4 and Thunderbolts will do well.
Agatha is going to have Aubrey Plaza so I'm checking for it. lol

Survive is hyperbole, its disney but i can see what happened to Star Wars happening to marvel. With them taking another break from mainline movies. They hit a point of diminishing returns with End Game and outside of Spider-Man haven’t been able to make anything pop since.

shang chi yawn, eternals yawn, widow yawn, wakanda yawn, ant-man 3 yawn, thor 4 yawn, ant-man 3 yawn, back to back mid movies hurt the brand and its going to continue hurting it the longer they delay what they need to do.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Survive is hyperbole, its disney but i can see what happened to Star Wars happening to marvel. With them taking another break from mainline movies. They hit a point of diminishing returns with End Game and outside of Spider-Man haven’t been able to make anything pop since.

shang chi yawn, eternals yawn, widow yawn, wakanda yawn, ant-man 3 yawn, thor 4 yawn, ant-man 3 yawn, back to back mid movies hurt the brand and its going to continue hurting it the longer they delay what they need to do.
Antman 3 double yawn huh? lol
They aren't taking your advice if anything they are slowing this phase down by pushing dates back. X-Men and FF are further away than ever. I think they know better than you sorry.

Daps

Honestly, if Marvel is done; theaters as a whole are probably done. If we go since 2021, I’m pretty sure the only big non-marvel films have been Avatar, Top Gun, and Mario.

And even for phase 4 being Mid, Doc Strange barely missed a billion w/ no China. Thor was at 750+ w/ no China, Wakanda Forever was 700 million+, GOTG vol 3 is 800+. Marvel is still by far the most successful consistent studio returns wise. Phase 3 was just an anamoly with everything being flames and hitting 1 billion.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Antman 3 double yawn huh? lol
They aren't taking your advice if anything they are slowing this phase down by pushing dates back. X-Men and FF are further away than ever. I think they know better than you sorry.

Well see when those Marvels numbers come in :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Marvel had momentum on their side for that run. You’re mentioning movies that released alongside Civil War, and MCU spider-Man, GoTG 2, and bookended with Infinity War.

Where are those big A listers for phase 5?

Meh…. A bad review can kill momentum.

Let’s say Catwoman or Steel was in the MCU and followed any Avengers movie….. no momentum in the would’ve would’ve pushed those movies to a billion

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Meh…. A bad review can kill momentum.

Let’s say Catwoman or Steel was in the MCU and followed any Avengers movie….. no momentum in the would’ve would’ve pushed those movies to a billion

Even antman got an avengers stimulus

Can you imagine them releasing the same movies outside the MCU?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If there was only some other marvel between Infinity War and Endgame we can compare it to? It’s not like a sequel to a well received Ant-Man movie made way less than Captain Marvel 1. Right?

A billion dollar movie in NBA comparison is like dropping 60+ points in a game.

That’s rare….. not the norm.

But as long as you consistently score 20 ppg you’re an allstar level player.

Antman dropped 24:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Even antman got an avengers stimulus

Can you imagine them releasing the same movies outside the MCU?
Stimulus only last 1 day

After that they’re on their own and have to battle Twitter and Coli:manny:

1 days stimulus ain’t enough to push it the way y’all claim