The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stimulus only last 1 day

After that they’re on their own and have to battle Twitter and Coli:manny:

1 days stimulus ain’t enough to push it the way y’all claim

I’d say the entire first weekend is the stimulus package, its the word of mouth after that kills the repeat viewing and legs on a movie. Plus when you stuck a movie inbetween two avengers movies people wanted those post credit teasers, now people don’t care about post credits scenes anymore. Theres nothing exciting to lead into anymore.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I’d say the entire first weekend is the stimulus package, its the word of mouth after that kills the repeat viewing and legs on a movie. Plus when you stuck a movie inbetween two avengers movies people wanted those post credit teasers, now people don’t care about post credits scenes anymore. Theres nothing exciting to lead into anymore.

Meeeeeeeehhhhhhh movies drop on Thursdays… that’s a good enough start to put it out there if it’s worth seeing on Fri or Sat.

On Sunday everyone already knows.

Stimulus…. I’ll give you 2 days but I won’t negotiate more:ufdup:

Also people still care about post credit scenes…. They care so much they even wait for OTHER franchises to see if they have them ala…

DC movies
Fast Movies
Transformers

People stayed

Daps
A billion dollar movie in NBA comparison is like dropping 60+ points in a game.

That’s rare….. not the norm.

But as long as you consistently score 20 ppg you’re an allstar level player.

Antman dropped 24:yeshrug:

I was agreeing with you. Just pointing out that’s there was another movie that should have benefited from that Avenger’s stimulus that didn’t result in $1 billion.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I honestly don’t think think a billion is the norm that some thought EVERYTHING is gonna be or spose to be.

I don’t even thing Fast X flopped. Did it do what maybe they hoped it would do? Probably not, but it still made money and people still enjoyed it

Some of us (not gonna point fingers, just gonna say US) just want to constantly down these movies and always do the “the sky is falling, it’s over” thing over every little thing or if it didn’t reach our own silly unrealistic and unreachable expectations. And some over exaggerate their faux disappointment

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
She's definitely a major reason for me but Kamalas actress is going to steal this movie:pachaha:

Absolutely. Because Iman seems to actually have fun playing the character. Even in interviews it comes across that she likes the role. Teyonah appears to as well.

But Brie on the other hand acts like she's doing you a favor by even coming to set. :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
I honestly don’t think think a billion is the norm that some thought EVERYTHING is gonna be or spose to be.

I don’t even thing Fast X flopped. Did it do what maybe they hoped it would do? Probably not, but it still made money and people still enjoyed it

Some of us (not gonna point fingers, just gonna say US) just want to constantly down these movies and always do the “the sky is falling, it’s over” thing over every little thing or if it didn’t reach our own silly unrealistic and unreachable expectations. And some over exaggerate their faux disappointment

Fast X budget was too high. But that shyt is still gonna make around $700 million. I said it earlier if we’re at the point that $700 million movies aren’t good, everything is going straight to streaming w/ no budget

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fast X budget was too high. But that shyt is still gonna make around $700 million. I said it earlier if we’re at the point that $700 million movies aren’t good, everything is going straight to streaming w/ no budget

If budgets keep increasing sales expectations are gonna increase with it

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

If budgets keep increasing sales expectations are gonna increase with it

Yea…. Everyone (studios & fans) need to relax and take a step back.

It’s not a Billy or Bust

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's not just the fact that Ant-Man made $400M that's not the only reason it's a flop, it's also because of how much money was spent on it and it's also because it messed up Kang's momentum
It didn’t kill Kangs momentum. Majors was the best part of the movie. Ant-man isn’t an anchor character. He can’t carry a movie by himself. Peoples expectations are just too high at this point.