The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Conz

Superstar
Daps
very excited for all the fabricated "Fans are clamoring for an A Force movie" articles that come out 43 seconds after the first positive review

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Calling it now: this movie will underperform and deliver an Enternals-level box office performance.

I’m gonna see it for sure, but it’s clear Marvel fatigue (and superhero fatigue in general) is getting strong.

Theres just no big market for this i feel. No one really wants it and like you said with the already MCU/Super Hero Fatigue, i can’t see them filling seats for it. The first captain marvel was a lead in to End Game so it had that going for it, but I don’t really know what the sell is for this for the greater MCU.

These movies used to have a “i dont want to get spoiled” aspect to going out and seeing them but now its like, what is there to rush out for?

Like i said, Marvel need to stop playin and fast track Fantastic 4 and X-men cause they c-listers ain’t really doing it anymore. These smaller characters worked when you still had Iron Man, Avengers, Cap, Spidey, and T-Challa, etc. to headline but the smaller acts can’t carry the entire mcu. With Gunn about to bring back Batman and Superman, which will probably actually be good, Disney really can’t afford to keep dikking around with the Shang Chi’s of the world

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Theres just no big market for this i feel. No one really wants it and like you said with the already MCU/Super Hero Fatigue, i can’t see them filling seats for it. The first captain marvel was a lead in to End Game so it had that going for it, but I don’t really know what the sell is for this for the greater MCU.

These movies used to have a “i dont want to get spoiled” aspect to going out and seeing them but now its like, what is there to rush out for?

Like i said, Marvel need to stop playin and fast track Fantastic 4 and X-men cause they c-listers ain’t really doing it anymore. These smaller characters worked when you still had Iron Man, Avengers, Cap, Spidey, and T-Challa, etc. to headline but the smaller acts can’t carry the entire mcu. With Gunn about to bring back Batman and Superman, which will probably actually be good, Disney really can’t afford to keep dikking around with the Shang Chi’s of the world
Fast tracking Fantastic Four and X-Men isn't smart. They need to do X-Men particularly very deliberate and careful and put their best foot forward not rush it out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fast tracking Fantastic Four and X-Men isn't smart. They need to do X-Men particularly very deliberate and careful and put their best foot forward not rush it out.

I just don’t see how they survive for two-three more years with what they currently have.

FYZU76EXEAMlxfo

Which of these movies is getting butts in theaters? shyt a few of them got pushed back already too. I see this being another throw away phase just like 4 was

The disney + shows outside of Daredevil are gonna be throwaways also. No one cares about Echo and Agatha.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People keep saying “this Movie benefitted from Avengers” maybe….. but that movie don’t make CM1 a billion dollar movie. You gotta have legs to get there and you don’t get it in a weekend.

We’ve seen it many times where a movie can have a big opening weekend and if people don’t like it drops dramatically the following weeks. That did T happen with the first, so if people hated it and only watch cuz if Avengers? Then how did it substain the tracking to get to a billion?

Surely some people would’ve been like “meh” don’t see it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People keep saying “this Movie benefitted from Avengers” maybe….. but that movie don’t make CM1 a billion dollar movie. You gotta have legs to get there and you don’t get it in a weekend.

The Marvel hype at the time + China definitely carried that movie.

People hate Brie Larson now and hate the character, that shyt ain’t touching guardians numbers. Too many back to back turds from marvel poisoned the well, on top of a character people already don’t love? Yeah….