The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
A. The downvotes is 100% because they hate women, especially non-white women. That's the only reason there's energy behind it.

B. The trailer doesn't look that great either. But the exact same trailer with Chris Pratt, Paul Rudd, and Tom Holland would not get the same reaction.

dude its not because of kamala or teyonah... its clearly about brie larson...:comeon: simple as that...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No but Scarlett did not say anything to anger the alt-right/incel to run a online hate campaign on her as a persom or the character black window

What did Brie Larson say to anger MAGAs? Look, I agree with @Ed MOTHERfukkING G here... I don't think the character was very good in the movie or even in other movies and she was wooden.

Personally, I liked Black Widow a lot in everything she did, Scarlett Witch is pretty dope, loved WandaVision, I definitely wanna see Rambeau in a bigger role and Parris is :whew:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What did Brie Larson say to anger MAGAs?

A few years ago she said that film critics were overwhelmingly white male and that distorted how films that didn't play to the demographic were reviewed. That's not the only time she's brought up that sort of stuff but I think it was the biggest.

The flaming was really hard after that, but some Coli posters are apparently on board with that agenda.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
The alt right going after Brie started around here

Finally, in a recent interview with Marie Claire UK, Larson used her new platform as international superhero to advocate for more diversity amongst film reviewers—comments that did not go down well with a particular subsect of society.

"About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male," Larson, 29, said.

"Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of colour, it sounded like across the board they weren't getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren't providing it, they all had different excuses

To them, a call for expanded access to opportunities for women and people of colour in a space traditionally dominated by white men…is not only an insult—it amounts to a threat to take away what they consider theirs."

This was the second time Larson had spoken openly about the need for less "old white men" in cinema. The first time she spoke about it was at the Crystal + Lucy Awards in June 2018, where she discussed negative reviews about A Wrinkle In Time.

"[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn't work for him about A Wrinkle in Time. It wasn't made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of colour, to biracial women, to teen women of colour, to teens that are biracial," she said.

"And for the third time, I do not hate white dudes, they are just facts, they are not my feelings," she added. You can watch her speech below.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A few years ago she said that film critics were overwhelmingly white male and that distorted how films that didn't play to the demographic were reviewed. That's not the only time she's brought up that sort of stuff but I think it was the biggest.

The flaming was really hard after that, but some Coli posters are apparently on board with that agenda.

Thanks for the info. For a second there I thought you forgot how to use the quote button. :mjgrin:

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps

I mean she wasn't wrong.

The problem Captain Marvel has is poor writing and character depth.

That same group of YouTubers started to hate on Avatar 2 pre-release, but all that energy died out when they realized they couldn't make money from it because the general audience liked the movie (at least the visuals).

The fact that the first CM movie was average in quality makes it easy to excessively hate on it. Also stripping Captain Marvel of any personality while allowing her to be overpowered with no legitimate threat makes her the poster-girl for their videos. She needs someone like Moonstone who can put her on her ass and introduce some adversity to the plot.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I mean she wasn't wrong.

The problem Captain Marvel has is poor writing and character depth.

That same group of YouTubers started to hate on Avatar 2 pre-release, but all that energy died out when they realized they couldn't make money from it because the general audience liked the movie (at least the visuals).

The fact that the first CM movie was average in quality makes it easy to excessively hate on it. Also stripping Captain Marvel of any personality while allowing her to be overpowered with no legitimate threat makes her the poster-girl for their videos. She needs someone like Moonstone who can put her on her ass and introduce some adversity to the plot.
Yeah I remember the writers stating they had to change her basic origin because it was too similar to Hal Jordan GL. I think they should’ve stuck too it because most of the problem is the fact that she doesnt remember who the fukk shyt is. Aquaman and Namor are similar and they were able to switch it up a little.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have hated Carol Danvers from the comics for a while too. She wasn't really likeable there either. She's kind of an unlikable a$$hole. She also doesn't really have a place in the current MCU because nobody knows how to utilize her in the current storylines hence her fukking off for all of endgame until the end.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
People have hated Carol Danvers from the comics for a while too. She wasn't really likeable there either. She's kind of an unlikable a$$hole. She also doesn't really have a place in the current MCU because nobody knows how to utilize her in the current storylines hence her fukking off for all of endgame until the end.
Yup post Civil War 2 comic book heads. Really wasn’t rockin with Carol at all. The MCU still have a chance to do something with the character. I mean the MCU’s Captain America really didn’t pop until Winter Soldier. They just have to play into her being unlikable. I always said they should model her after Hancock.

Last edited: