The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Katheryn Winnick actually campaigned for it before Brie was cast. And I think she probably would have done a good job.

Also Yvonne Strahovski was pushed by fans for the role but for some reason they gave it to Brie.

Both actresses though would have given the role personality. Something Brie just doesn't seem to have.

yeah, i could see Kateryn Winnick doing it

with Brie, it just seems like she lacks the umph, emotion, and the charisma it takes to be Captain Marvel

it just seems like Brie doesn't have any real interest in the role.

but yeah, i think both Kateryn and Yvonne could do it.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Katheryn Winnick actually campaigned for it before Brie was cast. And I think she probably would have done a good job.

Also Yvonne Strahovski was pushed by fans for the role and the rumor was for a time that she was actually chosen for the part but for some reason they gave it to Brie.

Both actresses though would have given the role personality. Something Brie just doesn't seem to have.
None of those actresses would have worked with the material that was given lol. The problems with Carol was mostly at a writing level. You don't introduce a character who lost all her memory for most of the film. She doesn't have much of personality because she basically written not to have one. Actors can sometimes elevate bad material but they can't perform miracles.

Cause her acting was wooden and she wasn't making up for it with good looks like Natasha

I mean yeah, because she was an amnesiac lol. A literal blank slate for most of the film. It was a stupid decision to go with that angle when introducing a character on a global stage imo.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
None of those actresses would have worked with the material that was given lol. The problems with Carol was mostly at a writing level. You don't introduce a character who lost all her memory for most of the film. She doesn't have much of personality because she basically written not to have one. Actors can sometimes elevate bad material but they can't perform miracles.

I mean yeah, because she was an amnesiac lol. A literal blank slate for most of the film. It was a stupid decision to go with that angle when introducing a character on a global stage imo.
I agree. Larson wasn't given much range to work with, which was unfortunate since the comic character is notably different than the MCU's.

Captain Marvel's comic personality (of the last 20 years) is your typical all-American romcom white girl; i.e. "independent woman" but highkey sassy and lowkey insecure and awkward. Think of those late 00s chick flicks like He's Just Not Into You.

Not to say make a rom com but the same way you fit Tony Stark's comically narcissist but genius personality into a serious movie, that should've been the plan with Danvers sassy but ultra competitive persona. In comics she's the everyday white woman subsidized with a brown mentee (Kamala), black boyfriend (Rhodey), and likable white girl clique (Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Jessica Jones) to fend-off Karen vibes.

However, Marvel/Disney missed the boat on securing that target audience, thinking re-imagining her as an all powerful Mary-Sue was all that was needed out the gate.

Conz

Superstar
Daps

best trailer since the first Wakanda Forever trailer, so naturally incels downvote it. i'm sure WF had a shytload too what with black people and mexicans and lady black panthers. the horror

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Those incels need to leave Brie alone. She was fine in Captain Marvel and I'm sure she'll be fine in this. Probably the same people upset Black Widow got a solo film.