The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
There's a lot to criticize but I actually liked this movie.

The writing was lazy. Teyonah Paris did a great job with her action scenes but her contrived relationship with Carol was annoying. I don't know any black people calling a white woman auntie. it's cringe.

The story didn't build up the Villain.

Samuel L Jackson Hides his limp with a bop but looks like he's in pain just standing. I noticed he had to do most scenes sitting down. No disrespect to Samuel Jackson but he was not a strong enough male presence.

The action choreography was good. Pacing and runtime were good. I never felt bored and this story didn't drag out too long

This was not Love and Thunder or Eternals. I think this movie suffered from the stench of secret invasion and the fact that people don't like Brie lawson

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I saw it. It wasn't terrible but it didn't move the needle either. There wasn't much marketing around it.

Anything that doesn't make a billion in the MCU will be considered a flop now
Fixed.

It’s the price of success. Marvel is like jordan , Kobe and Lebron. It’s a failure if they not walking away with the ship every year.

For others they standing on the announcers table taking they shirt off like Pat Bev when they actual record is one hot film every ten year average. And that’s so lame :scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I really need to watch Black Adam

Its a better movie than it got credit for

There's a lot to criticize but I actually liked this movie.

Teyonah Paris did a great job with her action scenes but her contrived relationship with Carol was annoying. I don't know any black people calling a white woman auntie. it's cringe

Samuel L Jackson Hides his limp with a bop but looks like he's in pain just standing. I noticed he had to do some action scenes sitting down too.

All true

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
I really need to watch Black Adam
lebron-chalmers.gif
:hubie: