The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
$197mm total global boxoffice.

Batman and robin, black widow with a pandemic, dark phoenix, all beat it.

black adam DOUBLED IT. It did slightly better than shazam 2 and blue beetle with roughly 2x the budget.
dark phoenmix did better?

god damn. DP was fukking trash

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
way-off.gif

I figured surely the movie could make half of what the first one made, but :damn:
Still haven't seen it myself, but guess I'll check it out on D+ in a month or so
At least you can admit when you’re wrong

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I would watch the Flash 2x more instead of watching this movie ...

shyt was trash juice
And honestly Flash was way better than it's box office numbers would indicate. External factors came into play obviously but Flash, Spiderverse, and GOTG3 were my top 3 (no order) CBM of the year.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Marvel fatigue and the strike killed it because it was honestly a fine movie :yeshrug:
It had problems....

2nd act could lose 15 minutes.

Continuing a storyline no one cared about from the first movie.

Why is the Indian family in this movie?

If Nick Fury job in the first movie was to carry the weight, he fails that job here, either because he wasn't used properly or the fumble that was secret invasion.

Maria and Carol had chemistry in the first movie and it showed here, but these three chicks don't. We talk about this In The Death proof/grindhouse thread. These three would never hang out and it shows. I might be persuaded to believe that Valkrie was a hookup that didn't work out, but that ain't in this movie. Now Monica is a solder and a scientist. She doesn't have the acting punch to carry it.

The villian just wasn't good enough.

The extra credit works better than when I heard about it but that movie three years away and none of these ppl will be apart of it.

Too many delays, too many cat jokes, too many movies before that sucked, and too much acrobatics with characters we don't care about and here we are, 6/10

Last edited: