The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I saw it. It wasn't terrible but it didn't move the needle either. There wasn't much marketing around it.

Anything that doesn't make $700 million to a billion in the MCU will be considered a flop now
Nah, this was literally a flop by definition cuz. :pachaha:
It cost more money to make/promote than revenue it generated

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Maria and Carol had chemistry in the first movie and it showed here, but these three chicks don't. We talk about this In The Death proof/grindhouse thread. These three would never hang out and it shows. I might be persuaded to believe that Valkrie was a hookup that didn't work out, but that ain't in this movie. Now Monica is a solder and a scientist. She doesn't have the acting punch to carry it.
That’s actually the stronger angle of the film(similar to what Hawkeye did). That Carol isn’t the same person who left.

The Pakistani Ms Marvel fan girl ing over someone she doesn’t know only to find out a new way to appreciate the ugly sacrifices of being a hero. Carol and Monica just coming to terms with the fact they both lost a lot of time and don’t fit in anymore.

The villain is just weak since we don’t know anything about the Kree Skull war except the Skrull refugees(which again Marvel fumbled the bag on in Invasion). That should have been a complete tear down and rethink.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
way-off.gif

I figured surely the movie could make half of what the first one made, but :damn:
Still haven't seen it myself, but guess I'll check it out on D+ in a month or so
I was gonna bump that post too but I chose to be bigger than that:wow:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
And honestly Flash was way better than it's box office numbers would indicate. External factors came into play obviously but Flash, Spiderverse, and GOTG3 were my top 3 (no order) CBM of the year.
They could have probably cut that hospital scene or just not OD on the slow motion for it and not have that nurse character overacting with the screaming

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Worst MCU ever. They might just need to end this universe completely.
not true. don't even have to go too far back. Secret Invasion was considerably worse than this. Quantumania for it's scope was worse than this too. this movie should have never been made, but it's more enjoyable than a lot of the more recent stuff. Multiverse of Madness is a barrell of dogshyt. Moon Knight was pure garbage, Eternals is what i assume being on tainted ambien is like, etc.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
not true. don't even have to go too far back. Secret Invasion was considerably worse than this. Quantumania for it's scope was worse than this too. this movie should have never been made, but it's more enjoyable than a lot of the more recent stuff. Multiverse of Madness is a barrell of dogshyt. Moon Knight was pure garbage, Eternals is what i assume being on tainted ambien is like, etc.
Love & Thunder was worse also