The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
cyuzq4.png

shonuff

All Star
Daps

But why? I really just do not understand why Disney is doing this gimmicky shyt -

And isn't Frankie Raye already a herald as powerful as the Surfer - and there is a whole tragedy behind why she becomes his herald - why not just use her ???

And mind you everytime they have done this gender swap shyt its has never made the story any better nor did it do anything other than annoy the fact ns that did want to see the Silver Surfer and Galactus they know in the comics ....

I guess like my dude said - they keep saying they want to hit but they keep wanting to swing on everything instead of paying attention to what they are swinging at.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But why? I really just do not understand why Disney is doing this gimmicky shyt -

And isn't Frankie Raye already a herald as powerful as the Surfer - and there is a whole tragedy behind why she becomes his herald - why not just use her ???

And mind you everytime they have done this gender swap shyt its has never made the story any better nor did it do anything other than annoy the fact ns that did want to see the Silver Surfer and Galactus they know in the comics ....

I guess like my dude said - they keep saying they want to hit but they keep wanting to swing on everything instead of paying attention to what they are swinging at.

The Mouse like most corporations wants to get its grubby little gloved hands on every single slice of cheese.

It’s not good enough that MCU was taking in billions, not “enough” women were going to see them. They needed to close the 10 point gap between men and women. Behind the scenes there was some greedy ass The executive going , “How can we use DE&I to appeal to an even larger segment of the female population and close the gap?”Then They start throwing out stupid ideas that alienate their base and the target demo. It’s bullshyt.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:picard:

silver surfer is badass.

born in a paradise. with a super-PAWG.

monica (the physicist) says she's never heard of light being solid.

meanwhile light is what mediates physical force as it is the force particle of the electromagnetic force.

it is what makes objects feel solid to us.

:hubie:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
They're not making silver surfer a woman, they're not doing a cgi naked silver woman or putting an actress in a skintight silver costume .

It'll probably just be a female Herald. I'd be surprised if it were Nova (frankie raye) . Since they're not likely gonna do two fire people in one movie.( Frankie and torch)

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Hasn't Surfer been female in the comics?
His replacememt was Frankie Raye who was with the Human Torch and she sacrificed herself to save the earth from Galactus just like Surfer did to save his world

Ultimately what Disney is doing is the same shyt that Marvel Comics did in the 90s when they went into the toilet - they keep resorting to gimmicks and tricks to try to get people interested in mediocre properties

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Hasn't Surfer been female in the comics?
There is no female Norrin Radd that I'm aware of.

There us an alternative earth storyline where Norrin Radd and Shalla Bal both become "silver surfurs"

And That female silver surfer pic that's been circulating the internet is Juno; the daughter of Hercules from an alternative earth; not even remotely the same.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
His replacememt was Frankie Raye who was with the Human Torch and she sacrificed herself to save the earth from Galactus just like Surfer did to save his world

Ultimately what Disney is doing is the same shyt that Marvel Comics did in the 90s when they went into the toilet - they keep resorting to gimmicks and tricks to try to get people interested in mediocre properties

surfer's replacement was probably air walker or firelord.

frankie wanted to be a herald and wanted to go to space. she was enamoured by the thought of galactus.

galactus had been defeated (by avengers, FF, doc strange) and was ready to die on earth but she did make that offer.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

shonuff

All Star
Daps
$197mm total global boxoffice.

Batman and robin, black widow with a pandemic, dark phoenix, all beat it.

black adam DOUBLED IT. It did slightly better than shazam 2 and blue beetle with roughly 2x the budget.
And each of those movies ( aside from Beetle which was not really bad - just the wrong time and should have come out 3yrs ago ) but them other joints were bad movies - badly written badly put together- or just bad .

AGAIN what kills me is that even seeing this they STILL try the same dumb formula as if it will work despite the dozens of times its failed .

And they consistently blame shyt on their poor performance on ppl who dont like " them" or the ideas in the movie ....

The real.answer is people don't like shytty badly done movies and what kinda shows they are bad is the fact that noone shows up to see it .

If a movie is good - people will go see it - even.if its low key good people will try to see it based on other peoples recommendations

Noone is recommending these marvel films lately because they SUCK

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The IP isn’t bad it’s everything around that sucks that’s gonna cause people to talk about it for clicks. Add to the fact Brie Larson alienating an entire demographic, constant cuts / reshoots, and incoherent pacing and feige approved dialogue, it really contributes to the fatigue.
Which still is insane because she was defending a movie about little black girls and it led to a bunch of lame ass white boy nerds chasing after every movie with a girl in it