The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was legit bummed when The Suicide Squad bombed. Not saying it was perfect but its near the top of my p4p list of superhero movies that captured the sweet science of the art form.
Truly. If you told me I would be rooting for a girl that controls rats I'd look at you like :scust:

But that's exactly what the fukk I did:wow:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did any other movie bombing get this much coverage? I feel like the Flash was more memes whereas this is picked up by international media and shyt :dead:

It’s a perfect storm

This is the first major MCU bomb after 15 years of basically being a consistent box office juggernaut. Even the previous stinkers like Thor TDK or Quantumania still pulled in 400 mil plus, the way this one is tracking it might take a miracle to reach 250

On top of that a lot of people are unhappy with the current state of the MCU so this flopping feels like validation

Then you have the incel/manosphere crowd that want any movie that may even remotely appear to cater to women to flop. The white ones hate Brie Larson especially because of her comments about wanting white men to be less prominent in film journalism

Then you have the Letterboxd crowd that have been praying on the MCU’s downfall for years because they think they “ruined cinema”

Then you have the DC stans that can finally get some payback from years of trolling from Marvel stans of the DCEU’s failures

Put all that together and yeah this bombing is going to garner significant media coverage and social media discourse

Last edited:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Was this good? I still plan on watching to see how Teyonah does, but I’m not necessarily excited to see it.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Ultron wasn't executed that well, especially given how threatening he sounded in the trailer. Trailer Ultron is :wow:

But as the movie has aged a lot of foreshadowing that paid off the most was born in AOU. The Infinity Saga really begins in AOU

It also hits different when you realize that Wanda single handedly planted the seeds that broke up the Avengers:wow: The bytch also indirectly created Vision:wow:
I get that criticism but ultron is based off his creator right? In this case it was tony so technically they stayed true to the source. Hank wasn’t established as a character yet so how could ultron have his similarities?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that criticism but ultron is based off his creator right? In this case it was tony so technically they stayed true to the source. Hank wasn’t established as a character yet so how could ultron have his similarities?
Yea I understand that completely but compared to the Ultron in the trailer?:wow:

A lot of people's initial problem with the movie is it betrays the tone of the trailer

LOOK at this shyt

:wow::wow::wow:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Yea I understand that completely but compared to the Ultron in the trailer?:wow:

A lot of people's initial problem with the movie is it betrays the tone of the trailer

LOOK at this shyt

Imma be real I wasn’t really following the mcu like that then because I didn’t know it was a smaller piece of the puzzle. I don’t feel as strongly as yall do but I get your complaint

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle

LOOK at this shyt

God damn that was definitely one of my favorite trailers. That ending… had everyone thinking the end was near.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Credit the Russos with how they reintroduced (MCU) Peter Parker to audiences not just by introducing him in Avengers 2.5 Captain America Civil War, but directly associating him with RDJ's Tony Stark. Disney double-downed on that and had him connected to the hip with Ironman for the rest of RDJ's days, so everyone knew your most beloved MCU character considers this kid to be his protege and successor. In retrospect it was pretty smart.

Russos went a similar path with T'Challa and Steve Rogers. Not a protege relationship but an equal/mutual respect. Had them damn near deadlocked in nobility, foot-race, ability to whoop Bucky's ass, etc. but not done in a way where BP would show up Cap, or vice versa.

It probably would've made more sense to introduce Captain Marvel in Thor Ragnorak, and have her play off Thor and Hulk. Or alternatively in GotG2. Have her break bread with the OGs to build repore with audiences... and then she'd have been in a better situation to do similar for Ms Marvel.
Russos had BP be that dude in Civil War only for Cougler to nerf the fukk out of him

Last edited: