The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I give this movie a 7 out of 10. The movie was good.

My main grip with this movie is the Captain Marvel was miscasted.

Stop reading and watching reviews before watching a movie for yourself. I'm really seeing that some dudes really hate women.

They told me Ant-Man 3 was horrible. That movie was actually solid.
The only thing that ant man 3 interesting was the Kang scenes. MODOK was WOAT :russ:

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Only movie that can save Marvel is the story of Whiplash staring the goat Mickey Rourke

:wow:

Whiplash.gif

Even though I know it won't ever happen since he hated it last time lol

Conz

Superstar
Daps
gonna see this tuesday for $5 to keep the streak alive. i just want some popcorn and there ain't shyt else i wanna see the rest of the year. i'll drop my "6/10, better than uglyass Quantumania and the grossly overrated Multiverse of Madness" review after.
scratch that, saw a pretty clean rip. this is fun enough. as far as MCU sequels go, it's better than Thor's, Iron Man's and Ant-man's. Definitely better than part 1... but it's a post Endgame MCU movie. it's hacked to shyt and the editing sucks. everyone keeps hyping how it's only 1:30 long. it shouldn't be. it should be about 1:50. honestly might be the least "movie" feeling movie in the MCU if that makes sense. it didn't feel like it had structure. it kinda just starts on page 18 of a screenplay and ends on page 75 with a little wrapup. i thought it looked pretty good overall. comical cgi on a certain somebody, but not Pip the Troll level at least. some really fun sequences. one borderline brilliant one, imo. won't spoil

the 3 leads are fine. in a pre-Infinity War world, this is an Ant-man type crowd pleaser that gets the "not everything needs to be Civil War" excuses. If i still cared about ranking these movies, it'd be like... 22nd or some shyt.

Marvel has totally taken a shyt on Nick Fury. Secret Invasion coming before this actually makes this movie feel even more shoddy b/c the skrull stuff is weird after watching that, and Fury always seems to have a different demeanor when he shows up lately. "he's a skrull" has no legs anymore.

6/10. better than uglyass Quantumania and the grossly overrated Multiverse of Madness.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I did. I was referring to women in my post. Barbie already had a large built in women fanbase. Where are the women fans of said characters? Where are the women that even know of these characters? Where was the campaign to bring women/girls awareness to these characters? Comic book fans are a niche market, and while it's larger theses days, there's still a small percentage of women fans. Drop a movie with no marketing campaign of obscure characters, that have had 1-2 appearances targeting who, and then ask where's the demo support. Ask a young girl if they want to see they movie, and they'll prob aak who are those people. There's the answer

Captain Marvel had a billion dollar movie a few years ago. What happened to all of the people (men and women) that saw the first one?

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
To the ones that have seen it do you need to have watched all the Disney shows to know what’s going on? I plan on watching this eventually but I think I’m over the superhero movies now. Marvel flooded the market with too much product and lost their way.

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Captain Marvel had a billion dollar movie a few years ago. What happened to all of the people (men and women) that saw the first one?
Too many subpar movies and tv shows plus the mindset of “just wait for it to hit streaming” so you don’t feel mad wasting your money at the theater if it’s trash.