The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie is not trash as many dudes are stating on this board and youtube. I'm seeing a lot of guys roping this movie in with the woke movement.

This movie was actually okay if you're being fair. People shytted on this movie before it came out unfairly.
:manny:

Even way before the 1st Trailer it was already unfairly D.O.A to so many.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't fukk with this idea that well if we think this is trash we can't comment on it. How long did that Flash thread go on for? :mjlol:

I want the MCU to be better. Give me Winter Soldier or Black Panther or Infinity War. What happened to that quality? :manny:
People want to act all hollier-than-thou like others aren't allowed to be vocal about not liking a movie: "Just let the people who enjoy the movie have it" or some other bs.

The fact is the movie industry is a zero sum game. The more garbage that gets produced the less budget, screen time, and opportunities actually good movies get.

So if something is garbage I absolutely do want the critics to trash it and the movie goers to talk with their wallets so that Marvel gets the message.

With that said: I respect all the actresses in the movie, wish they got better material, and think all the YouTube/podcast "anti-wokesters" are annoying. But if Marvels going to keep giving their minority characters garbage material (Riri, She Hulk, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, etc) then Marvel's part of the problem too.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movie is not trash as many dudes are stating on this board and youtube. I'm seeing a lot of guys roping this movie in with the woke movement.

This movie was actually okay if you're being fair. People shytted on this movie before it came out unfairly.
:manny:

What a glowing defence of the movie, you do know Ok = mid

You have avoided the question, why is it appropriate to only blame men, women came out in droves to support Barbie, why have they not done the same with this movie?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What a glowing defence of the movie, you do know Ok = mid

You have avoided the question, why is it appropriate to only blame men, women came out in droves to support Barbie, why have they not done the same with this movie?
Barbie has 60 years of history, is a constant in the mainstream amongst every medium and had a huge marketing campaign.

The Marvels had no marketing due to the strike, and characters that are obscure to anyone not a comic book fan. Captain Marvel was in 2 movies 4 yrs ago, Monica was in 1 show, and ditto for Kamala...which most people didn't watch. Even watch most reviews, the people had no clue who these people were...and a good portion hadn't even watched WandaVision or Ms Marvel

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Barbie has 60 years of history, is a constant in the mainstream amongst every medium and had a huge marketing campaign.

The Marvels had no marketing due to the strike, and characters that are obscure to anyone not a comic book fan. Captain Marvel was in 2 movies 4 yrs ago, Monica was in 1 show, and ditto for Kamala...which most people didn't watch. Even watch most reviews, the people had no clue who these people were...and a good portion hadn't even watched WandaVision or Ms Marvel

Your response has not even come close to answering my salient point: MEN are being blamed for the this film's lack of critical and financial success while women are being absolved is there a reason why

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Flash thread was filled with posters that dissed and bashed the film for flopping. Funny, how a MCU film is flopping, and the energy is entirely different.

Double standards.

These dudes in here like:

7MbdhCl.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah Deadpool 3 gonna make bank.
we'll see. that one i will see. but i'm skeptical it makes its ever changing release date next summer. i think it gets pushed to 25.

also they can't claim M she u haters for this one

Other diagnostics on The Marvels: 65% male leaning, with 45% men over 25, 22% women over 25 (giving it the best grades at 82%), men under 25 at 20%, and women under 25 at 14%. Biggest demo was 25-34 at 33%. Diversity demos were 36% Caucasian, 27% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black, and 14% Asian.