The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
People want to act all hollier-than-thou like others aren't allowed to be vocal about not liking a movie: "Just let the people who enjoy the movie have it" or some other bs.

The fact is the movie industry is a zero sum game. The more garbage that gets produced the less budget, screen time, and opportunities actually good movies get.

So if something is garbage I absolutely do want the critics to trash it and the movie goers to talk with their wallets so that Marvel gets the message.

With that said: I respect all the actresses in the movie, wish they got better material, and think all the YouTube/podcast "anti-wokesters" are annoying. But if Marvels going to keep giving their minority characters garbage material (Riri, She Hulk, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, etc) then Marvel's part of the problem too.
nikkas can do whatever they want. Go off, king

:gurl:

We should have some fun in a month with aqua man 2 since we have permission to go off :shaq:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
we'll see. that one i will see. but i'm skeptical it makes its ever changing release date next summer. i think it gets pushed to 25.

also they can't claim M she u haters for this one

Other diagnostics on The Marvels: 65% male leaning, with 45% men over 25, 22% women over 25 (giving it the best grades at 82%), men under 25 at 20%, and women under 25 at 14%. Biggest demo was 25-34 at 33%. Diversity demos were 36% Caucasian, 27% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black, and 14% Asian.

Yep, women didn't support this AT ALL...

But on 'Deadpool 3' if it's rated R and they let Reynolds and the team do what they want it should be at least solid and make money.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
What a glowing defence of the movie, you do know Ok = mid

You have avoided the question, why is it appropriate to only blame men, women came out in droves to support Barbie, why have they not done the same with this movie?

Because it's mostly men shyting on the movie. I've been watching this messageboard, twitter, and youtube plus comments before this movie even came out. It's been mostly dudes crapping on the movie calling woke, upset Marvel is giving women hero's some shine, or just dog piling on the Marvel/Disney hate.

I'm not saying this movie is great but it damn for sure isn't bad like the reviewers said it was. That's why I give this movie a 7.

Why are you comparing a Marvel (whether its a woman character or not) movie to Barbie?? Barbie for my entire life has always been marketed to girls.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, women didn't support this AT ALL...

But on 'Deadpool 3' if it's rated R and they let Reynolds and the team do what they want it should be at least solid and make money.

Women don’t care for these movies and never did. I don’t care how much Disney tries to market to them.

Matter of fact, women are the reason boys stopped reading comic books back in their day. :heh:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's official: The Marvels is a big, giant FLOP!

source.gif

I'd take no pleasure in seeing a comic book movie do poorly, but I know these die hard MCU-only Feige knob polishers on TheColi have been so arrogant and irritating in other CBM threads, I can't help but take pleasure in all of this. :blessed:

giphy.gif

:wow: :banderas:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Your response has not even come close to answering my salient point: MEN are being blamed for the this film's lack of critical and financial success while women are being absolved is there a reason why
I did. I was referring to women in my post. Barbie already had a large built in women fanbase. Where are the women fans of said characters? Where are the women that even know of these characters? Where was the campaign to bring women/girls awareness to these characters? Comic book fans are a niche market, and while it's larger theses days, there's still a small percentage of women fans. Drop a movie with no marketing campaign of obscure characters, that have had 1-2 appearances targeting who, and then ask where's the demo support. Ask a young girl if they want to see they movie, and they'll prob aak who are those people. There's the answer

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Women don’t care for these movies and never did. I don’t care how much Disney tries to market to them.

Matter of fact, women are the reason boys stopped reading comic books back in their day. :heh:

Women made up 47% of 'Wonder Woman' box office total. So that's not entirely true. But those days are over.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol: @ this new trailer. That's some despicable shyt splicing in Thanos and a dead Tony Starks to try and sell this trash heap of a movie. I can't wait for them numbers this weekend.
Here's where we stand.

‘The Marvels’ Meltdown: Disney MCU Seeing Lowest B.O. Opening Ever At $47M+ — What Went Wrong​

"The Marvels misfire is about the rusting of a platinum brand that’s in need of some serious –not polishing, rather, resurfacing. Months ago, who would of thought that Universal/Blumhouse’s Five Nights at Freddys two weeks ago in a day-and-date debut on Peacock would post a higher opening at the box office ($80M) than The Marvels? It’s interesting to put the two pieces of IP side-by-side, because it says something about Universal and Disney’s ability to harness fans around an event."
giphy.gif

I knew it was gonna be bad but I thought they'd at least clear 50m domestically. Getting your ass beat by The Flash..
laughing-come-see-this.gif