The "makings of a fly apartment" thread....

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Brehs and brehettes, I'm 3 weeks into this new crib and now that the boxes are unpacked and the spot is "livable," I'm looking to take this shyt to the next level so it feels more comfy.

I have all the essentials (bed, couch, curtains, desk, microwave, etc) but I know i need a couple more things to tighten this spot up.

saw this thread about brehs living in studio apts - http://www.thecoli.com/threads/any-of-yall-stay-in-a-studio-apartment.211863/ and while I'm in a one bedroom spot, it was a good thread to start with

so what are y'all apartment setups looking like and what advice would y'all give to a fellow breh on tightening up his crib. I'm already looking into getting a bigger TV (47-50in) at some point but I still need to do more

any useful feedback will be dapped when i get a chance

go easy....this gem is dope

George Carlin Talks About "Stuff"

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
Good advice in here :ehh: mine: It might sound like a pain in the ass, but not as bad as you think. Painting a room does SO much for the look of a place.

My last place (and new house to be built by early next year :krs:) I did this color and it made a world of difference
nWGPK9B.jpg

Daps
@bdizzle I really like the two mirrors you put above those chairs:yes: very smart and thoughtful. I'm thinking about buying a house in the next couple years and I'm trying to envision having a whole house but still maintaining the minimalist lifestyle I'm trying to establish. I don't like to have too much "stuff" but I feel like a whole house would make you feel like you have to fill up every nook and cranny with something.

OP, as far as decorating, figure out what your style is and then just do a bunch of google searching for decor that aligns with your tastes. One thing I appreciate in a home is comfort and smell so even though it seems like you're not tryna put your place together for females, I think in general people you have over will appreciate a place that's pleasing to all the senses.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@bdizzle I really like the two mirrors you put above those chairs:yes: very smart and thoughtful. I'm thinking about buying a house in the next couple years and I'm trying to envision having a whole house but still maintaining the minimalist lifestyle I'm trying to establish. I don't like to have too much "stuff" but I feel like a whole house would make you feel like you have to fill up every nook and cranny with something.

OP, as far as decorating, figure out what your style is and then just do a bunch of google searching for decor that aligns with your tastes. One thing I appreciate in a home is comfort and smell so even though it seems like you're not tryna put your place together for females, I think in general people you have over will appreciate a place that's pleasing to all the senses.
I've been in this house 5 years, haven't decorated a thing :manny: