Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I'm about to finish my long distance stint, dude is moving back to Texas from Virginia next week , so that meant LDR from May 2013-December 2014.
There was a lot of adjustment at first, some lonely times. It was tough for him because he didn't enjoy his city and the new job out there was demanding. But to be honest, I really got to enjoy the extra time to put towards hobbies, girlfriends,self-improvement, etc. And our visits were intense, makes it feel like the honeymoon period the entire time.

There is a good chance that his next big break may be in west coast and I didn't really have a problem once I heard that. I think my only requirement is that we be in the same city once I get preggers, which is a few years away.

That LDR shyt is for the birds. I could deal easier if I was in a city where my friends and family lived.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My homeboy had an interview with my company last Friday and today he text me "I guess they didn't like me, I haven't heard anything"

:what: it hasn't even been a week? Also you said they may not reach out to you until the new year.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
My homeboy had an interview with my company last Friday and today he text me "I guess they didn't like me, I haven't heard anything"

:what: it hasn't even been a week? Also you said they may not reach out to you until the new year.

LOLOLOL, i know his feel. He just want to figure out whether he need to hit submit on the fifty-leven online apps he got pending.

Some companies take way too long though. Company i work for now, it was 3 weeks between the phone interview and on-site interview. 2nd on-site interview 7 days later, then silence for a month until they made an offer. Those in between times I was :mjcry:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOLOLOL, i know his feel. He just want to figure out whether he need to hit submit on the fifty-leven online apps he got pending.

Some companies take way too long though. Company i work for now, it was 3 weeks between the phone interview and on-site interview. 2nd on-site interview 7 days later, then silence for a month until they made an offer. Those in between times I was :mjcry:
I told him to keep applying to other places because I can't really speed up the process. From in person to start date for me took about 2 months but they were going through an acquisition at the same time. As a result of that acquisition my homeboy would be going through the parent company's hiring process which is a lot more formal and involved than their old one so he may just have to bring in the new year with his old employees.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Going thru this same exact situation right now. Down to the interview date and everything, I'm at a serious crossroad in life right now :whoo:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Going thru this same exact situation right now. Down to the interview date and everything, I'm at a serious crossroad in life right now :whoo:
Everything will work out. I got offered the job the same week my unemployment ran out :obama: I was all excited putting in my claim for what I thought was going to be the last time I had to do that shyt. Man, Wednesday came around (the day I usually get unemployment payments) and NOTHING, day after NOTHING. Things just fell into place. So you're stressing but just keep believing everything will work out and it will.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Everything will work out. I got offered the job the same week my unemployment ran out :obama: I was all excited putting in my claim for what I thought was going to be the last time I had to do that shyt. Man, Wednesday came around (the day I usually get unemployment payments) and NOTHING, day after NOTHING. Things just fell into place. So you're stressing but just keep believing everything will work out and it will.

:salute:

I appreciate the encouragement.
I'm pretty optimistic, though knowing the realistic aspects of the whole situation and my whole job search. I'm staying active, tapping into creative outlets, The Coli keeping things light for me is helping to. I got some good people in my corner, so I'll be straight.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
a few more pics...

they started bring over some of the rugs and installing carpet today

area rug in family room:

i9j4sQJ.jpg

LcNlb8X.jpg

here is a few of the runner on the main stair case:

RQ7MXav.jpg

Z1VzUcO.jpg

and powder room is almost done:

NgOMuqw.jpg

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
The paneled ceilings :whoo:
That rug was made for sexy times by the fire

:shaq:

Damn it's nice! Do you have a pool?

i had put one in my plans i initially submitted to town and on my proposed survey

then i ran out of money and had to skip it :mjcry:

but my town recently started a project to buy this country club in middle of my neighborhood from the private owner and remodel and it and turn it into a pool club for the town. will end up hitting my property taxes but for a lot less than putting one in myself. and it's about 5 houses down the street from me.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Yeah I'm counting my fat ass coworkers calories. This morning he was eating 4 El Montery buritos 230 cals x 4= 920 cals, plus a 20oz Dr pepper 250 cals. They went out to lunch probably another 1200 cals. Just saw his round ass coping a 600 cal honey bun and another damn Dr Pepper +250 while on break. That's 3200 cals before dinner Smh.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm counting my fat ass coworkers calories. This morning he was eating 4 El Montery buritos 230 cals x 4= 920 cals, plus a 20oz Dr pepper 250 cals. They went out to lunch probably another 1200 cals. Just saw his round ass coping a 600 cal honey bun and another damn Dr Pepper +250 while on break. That's 3200 cals before dinner Smh.
:dead: