Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
It's getting mixed reviews on a couple of sites but I love it, it's so rare these days that bigger names actually play deep house shyt with vocals and slower tempos. I never listened to Settle in full but of course love Latch.

edit: tracks I like
Holding On
Willing & Able
Hourglass
Jaded
Good Intentions
Superego
Echoes
Afterthought
Masterpiece

the last 5 are my absolute favs

I just started getting into House because of Disclosure [Latch used to get that feel in the bars last year :wow:]. I'm not getting the mixed reviews for Caracal, sounds like a classic to me. The only issue is it got a little redundant with some of the songs sounding the same. But IMO there's way more stand out tracks on Caracal than Settle.

Holding On, Omen, Willing and Abel, Masterpiece are better than anything on Settle other than Latch, You and Me and maybe January is on par. There's just way more depth of sounds on Settle but does that make it a more cohesive album? Idk

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said this before in this thread, but its just really alarming because its never been like this before(not on this level anyway) and I'm not sure what all of a sudden has changed especially since I'm in my early 30's now.

But I'm getting a WHOLE lot of attention from women, if im not straight up getting eye raped its extended convo's or asked to go to lunch or out. Random touching and flirting I dont know what the deal is, the youngest being 19 the oldest being 40.

The ironic thing is the ladies I like the most or are most interested in all live far away and I've never actually met in person before. :francis:

I'm not really into chasing women or hooking up with women, so I'm not really getting sucked into the attention it is nice though.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
The sweet soulful voice of that Caucasian Queen Colbie Caillat :ohlawd:

Anyway I'm starving. Think I'm going to get a Spicy Soba from Tin Drum today.

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I just started getting into House because of Disclosure [Latch used to get that feel in the bars last year :wow:]. I'm not getting the mixed reviews for Caracal, sounds like a classic to me. The only issue is it got a little redundant with some of the songs sounding the same. But IMO there's way more stand out tracks on Caracal than Settle.

Holding On, Omen, Willing and Abel, Masterpiece are better than anything on Settle other than Latch, You and Me and maybe January is on par. There's just way more depth of sounds on Settle but does that make it a more cohesive album? Idk

Yeah I gave Settle a once-over, it was cool. I think Caracal isn't exactly original but it's definitely really good, and great to listen to. It reminds me somewhat of old "club" music

Hercules & Love Affair's self-titled album is a good House project too, if you're looking for more stuff. No pressure. Antony Hegarty's voice is :lawd: It's fast-paced though.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Went to see The Internet Friday night, Syd is soo adorable. She has a cute voice, it was a really good set. I'll upload some vid later (in another thread)