Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get synthetic and after watching my levels I can go 10k between oil changes.
:ohhh: I may have to try that. I need an oil change right now and it's been about 5-6k miles. I broke 100k miles a little while ago and dude said I would need a "high mileage" oil change and I'm still not quite sure the difference between that and a "regular" oil change. *sigh*

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: I may have to try that. I need an oil change right now and it's been about 5-6k miles. I broke 100k miles a little while ago and dude said I would need a "high mileage" oil change and I'm still not quite sure the difference between that and a "regular" oil change. *sigh*
I don't know much, but pretty much most oil these days (especially better for the 21st century vehicles) are synthetic/ high mileage. As with everything over time, wear and tear affect a car detrimentally so things like oil burn off, deteriorating seals, brittle gaskets will occur...the high mileage, more synthetic oils reduce the rate at which that happens, (especially for those 100k + cars)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Most high mileage oils are synthetic, its really just "snake oil" the oil you've been using up to this point is fine if you haven't any type of oil issues. Just stick with that, switching it out would probably cause more problems on top of paying more for "high mileage" oil changes.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of which I changed my break light yesterday...nikkas was trying to charge me 20 dollars to change it :laff:

I went home, grabbed two butter knives and popped out the plugs holding it in and switched the bulbs.

Had it done it 20 minutes. :win:
Brake*

I changed my brake light myself too. I felt so warm n fuzzy after I did it.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know much, but pretty much most oil these days (especially better for the 21st century vehicles) are synthetic/ high mileage. As with everything over time, wear and tear affect a car detrimentally so things like oil burn off, deteriorating seals, brittle gaskets will occur...the high mileage, more synthetic oils reduce the rate at which that happens, (especially for those 100k + cars)

Most high mileage oils are synthetic, its really just "snake oil" the oil you've been using up to this point is fine if you haven't any type of oil issues. Just stick with that, switching it out would probably cause more problems on top of paying more for "high mileage" oil changes.

Good looking out, brehs!! :hug:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps

^^^^What he said. Mines is a 2010 but I switched to synthetic about 6 months and 2 oil changes after I first bought my car. My MPG went up and overall my car just runs better.