Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I think about life alot more now, the bad thing is I've always thought about what it means to live and enjoy life. Not on some adrenaline, party and get high ish either. But with a family as man with kids traveling the world and just how much of a impact one person can have on the masses.

I'm doing none of that tho :mjcry:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Today's my Friday.

I got out early.

I just got out of the shower.

My mont bell shirt on with the beetles on it and kanji written underneath each one.

My sweat pants on.

Outside and its cool, the wind is blowing gently.

The sun is setting. The sky fades from peach to cotton candy blue.

My Japanese Hip Hop mix on, I'm feeling myself.

Got a beer in my hand.

:noah: I'm a bad mxfka

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
:whoo:Barber got a nicca fresh as hell, that's just one expense I don't mind having. Cutting my own hair is not something I care to try and do on my own.

Made a couple of opening moves on two sexy ass ladies in my work building. Going to work on them for the next few days :youngsabo:

What about wifey:dead:

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Do you ever wonder about other people's lives that you see on a regular basis, but don't actually know? :lupe:

Like there's this girl that works in the deli department of the grocery store I usually go. I remember over 4, maybe even 5 years ago, she made small talk about how she was in school. Well, all those years passed and she's still there. Did she flunk out? Did she quit school? Did her dream die and now she's stuck slicing meat for the rest of her life? What happened? :leon:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I think about life alot more now, the bad thing is I've always thought about what it means to live and enjoy life. Not on some adrenaline, party and get high ish either. But with a family as man with kids traveling the world and just how much of a impact one person can have on the masses.

I'm doing none of that tho :mjcry:
There's a time for everything breh. You gotta understand that's an image! You can't put an image over your picture. You gotta make your own 3LW - No more (Baby I'ma Do Right) - With Lyrics:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those things really make me appreciate what we have now, like going from Bunny ears on a tv with 4 channels to a DVR box with a 55 inch flat screen and streaming movies and tv shows to your phone...

At the same time, I miss when you had to actually commit to things, I remember when meeting up was a BIG deal, and it was nothing but conversation between the people there. Not some third party on the phone or the internet or a game.

Like thinking about how much of the down time i spend while out with people on my phone is kinda scary... If I'm out for 2 hours probably 25 mins of that is me messing around on my phone, and I'm not the only one... It use to be you had to engage in conversation the entire time.

I can't even imagine going out a whole day with no phone now.

I make a conscious effort to keep the phone in the pocket when I'm out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But I try.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My extreme dislike of this country has devolved into pure seething hatred in the past two weeks.

I can't even focus on anything since the past couple of days. :snoop: life has been feeling like hell.
I don't even want to talk to women or even have a relationship anymore. Thanks to this board and others I can't even approach a woman anymore without me thinking in the back of my mind that she might not be into me cause I'm black...or African...or if not those cause I don't have money. I don't even want to have sex again either and I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
I just see so many bad qualities in people that are a problem in this country's culture I just can't even enjoy anything...anymore.
People on this board love say I'm complaining, but I realize the only way to enjoy America as a black person is to either to be dumb as shyt or willfully ignorant.
They don't understand that's how I look at them...as just dumb and willfully ignorant. I wish I could be as dumb and willfully ignorant as them...then I wouldn't be doubting myself or overthinking as much. And I'd probably be enjoying life more. And it's sad that so many black people here in this country just disappoint me nowadays more than amaze me, impress me, or inspire me.
:snoop:

I don't think I'll ever be happy in this country as long as I live here...it's not even a "think" I know so.
Which is why I plan on not living here any longer.
Living here I've gone through moments where I just didn't even want to live anymore.

Somedays I feel like I wasn't meant to be here. Or be successful. Or be successful here. There's just no one like me here...which is why I just tend to be on that loner tip. I've found people I share common interests with...but I've never met anybody I could really relate to. Man or woman.

People on this board don't understand the experience of being a first generation African/West Indian living in this country.
I don't have an American name. I've gone ages with people mispronouncing it.
Most people view me and approach with much discomfort. I honestly could not tell you the qualities of a genuine person cause I've never seen anybody display these qualities in my presence.
AAs have family ties generations deep...my family wasn't even here before the 70s. I have no connection to this country that's why I feel the way I do about it.
Sometimes I feel people would rather talk to your average AA then me. And I honestly wouldn't harm a fly.
I was even shunned for so many years from AAs too...
The older I got, the white people I hung out with in my circle from growing up in white suburbia dwindled to less than 3.
It's to the point I just realize how alone I am cause I'm alone most of the time.
I've had nightmarish experiences.
People say how friendly AMericans are? LOL...Americans are mean and fukking inconsiderate a$$holes from my perspective.
Even the simplest things like trying to initiate a conversation, trying to find work, trying to date and meet women in my experiences are just made to feel almost impossible.

Even during my college years at a PWI that I just am beyond filled with resentment for attending at this point...simple things like asking people for homework were met with uncooperative responses as if I was asking for a spare part for a 1988 Mercedes Benz.
Try living your life entering your teen to adult years having people treat you like your some sideshow freak and you'll end up thinking that's what you are.
I see "normal" people living their "normal" lives and apart from being black, african, west indian, and male that didn't grow up in a black neighborhood or have that connection to black America or Americans...I just see myself on the outskirts.
I don't see myself even getting married...or having kids...or living that stereotypical life in the suburbs of America working eating the sleeping and waiting to die and that's it.
Many days I just end up feeling depressed and beyond angry just dealing with the shyt I've dealt with for so long I can't even bear to be around alot of people anymore.
Which leads me to me being fake and pretending about certain things just to get people to shut up and leave me alone.

I'd figure I'd rather just leave for somewhere else and figure out life here before this country drives me to the point of extreme rage and I end up hurting someone or myself because of it.
:snoop:

The only way to restore my mind and probably restore a positive outlook on life is to take along vacation from here and not look at the internet or a phone or anything like that. I'd just like to go to a desert island somewhere and skip stones and draw in a sketchbook. And think about when I was actually optimistic about life before every bit of joy I used to have was just drained out of me from dealing with all the bullshyt here.

I dont know specifically what you're feeling or going through at the moment but I do think about the bolded a ton. And I agree with you on a lot of what else you mentioned. You crept into my mind and deciphered a ton of the mess inside. Keep your head up breh.

tumblr_mu6dihKAEl1qap8moo3_500.gif

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Got damn I cannot stay away right now. I was a couple of seconds away from being completely out of it.. Eyes closed and head snapped back.. Lol

Damn going to sleep at 12:30am and getting back up at 4:30. Err already popped my 2nd caffeine pill.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We did a group training this past Tuesday and Wednesday and the plan Tuesday after training was to head to a swim club, have a cookout, drink or whatever. It ended up raining accompanied with hail...like baseball sized hail :to: Everyone had damage to their cars, some worse than others. The adjuster just finished looking at my car and it was $3200 worth of damage :wow: Of course there may be more once I take it to the shop. The shop is closed for the 4th so I'm just going to wait until after then to deal with it. The funniest part was that it was only the area we were in that go hail. Everyone else got rain :stopitslime:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Today is the day. Been gearing up for this for ages now, told myself shyt would change after this.

Piano exam, grade 5. After this, I'm more likely to be able to teach at least grade 1. I'm on my way there in a little bit. I'm gonna pass - but I want the distinction.
Let's hope I don't fukk it up :youngsabo: