Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
True dat. Breh I remember we was chopping it up when I first joined back last year. And I felt that way back then. Idk, I don't have a answers for what to do man.

These kids in their hearts realize they are considered inferior to white kids..they see all throughout their communities...there is some mental trauma that is happening that gets overlooked...

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
These kids in their hearts realize they are considered inferior to white kids..they see all throughout their communities...there is some mental trauma that is happening that gets overlooked...

I feel you, appreciate it breaking it down to me og. But, peep these blues right. So I was watching the Jefferson's. It was the episode we're George was trying to teach Tom how "to act black"......because Tom felt out of place. Around his wife and friends. And not to stereotype, but that shyt was funny man. And it had me like...if that's how whites feel being around a group of black people. Then our struggle to "fit" into a society where it you or me. And the yung cats like you said, decided not to fit in. Out here getting it how they live man.

Me and my lil partna was talking about how come whites didn't enslave Native Americans and stuff. And breh is a real "gangsta nerd" man lol. He know his shyt.

But some be like, "we don't want to hear that bullshyt Sharif" and I respect that. I remember my pops giving me talks, about "the bird and the bees" being responsible. And bein on time, and never breaking your word. Stuff like that. Now, we gone have to give our sons and daughters talks about sex, and not being a victims of violence. Esp violence committed by a police officer. Breh.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came back from the 2nd seminar.

Crazy, we trained for like 5 hours and then the last hour was a ceremony dedicated to people who are trying to become instructors. It was 2 girls and 3 guys. So grandmaster chai had us line up and watch while they demonstrated certain techniques and shadow boxed. Then at the end they had pad holders hold pads for 3 minutes for 2 rounds. The thing was the pad holders could swing on them with kicks or punches and the people becoming instructors had nothing but mouth guards looool.

One guy from my gym who's an instructor-he's hella cool-was holding pads for this guy and he started taking off on those legs. Had me like :ohhh::mjlol::wow::sadcam:. You could hear his legs and stomach getting kicked with some heavy shins loool.

Well things got interrupted, idk how, but we finished the ceremony outside. It was the females turn. There was a blond one training to be an instructor and this other woman holding pads for her. She was taking knees to the stomach and stuff loool:scust:

After that we took a picture an grandmaster chai spoke to us. He said he'd been teaching for 45 years and other things like putting in a new system for ranking. It's crazy because he's a 67 year old man, about 5'5, but looks well and healthy and his schedule is crazy busy. I guess he just got back from Europe and now he's going all over the US to check in on schools. He said something about camp too and how it the longest martial arts camp in the world, it's been around for 25 years. Kinda thinking of going.

People were coming up to me like:
"Who do you train with?"
I said "Jeremy"
They're like "oh you're the one he's talking about (I'm assuming grandmaster chai), yeah you're going to do some damage with those knees"

my ajarns teacher said to me "you're going to be fun, I want to see you kick some people" and he's taught my teacher since he was 12, my ajarn is 37 now.

I'm glad people pushed me in the direction to go to this seminar because I did learn a lot of stuff like not just physically but spiritually and about myself. And it's hecka cool to get compliments by such people.

I'm happy. This weekend was busy but great. I also sent my mom and brother to Atlanta on Friday.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not fat but he's not a body builder either. He's a roofer so in the summer his body gets pretty right.

So he a strong dude. I don't envy his job. I use to roof when I was younger with my uncles. It use to be some intense all day work.

Not sure how much it has changed since those days tho.