IMG_8699_zps404e83b8.jpg

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
man this bish just set me in a bad mood. I haven't talked to you in weeks, and your first message to me is "y you add me on LinkedIn?" bytch good morning to you too, and LinkedIn did it automatically via my gmail address book, but fukk you anyway, I'll delete ya punk ass:pacspit:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
what are you trying to do?
I got a degree in Accounting but I'm really a jack of many trades. I grew up working on cars(paint & body, maintenance etc), I worked in construction & excavating for 5 years(Equipment operator, yard truck driver), I'm also a graphic designer been doing graphics since the late 90's. So my positive is that I have many skills, and my negative is that I have many skills. I need to focus on one thing, put the time in.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sitting in my cubicle...I can't spend the next 30+ yrs like this. The world beyond these walls is moving forward while I'm stuck in this fukking box making someone else rich. Whatever I put my energy to will manifest no matter what. What the fukk am I waiting for

Well start your exit plan. Figure out how much money you would need to live on for 6+ months and start saving for that. While you're doing that try to answer the question "Out of the skills/areas you have worked in and if money wasn't an issue what would you do on a complete volunteer basis?" If you can narrow that down to a couple of areas you can then start focusing on a way to get paid for them. If it's graphic design, start building up some clientele and start a side hustle. The savings goals should at least give you a purpose to come to work. My goal is to be debt free this year so that's the ONLY reason I come to work to be honest. If I have a day I don't feel like coming, I just think about my debt free goal.

Even if you don't narrow down something you want to do, having adequate savings removes the "I NEED this job" feeling that a lot of people obtain and it makes them complacent as shyt.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Set up my phone interview for Monday morning :blessed:

Called my current manager to kind of ask her about my career path, she didn't say anything I wanted to hear, so it's confirmation that I should continue on with finding something new.

And I'm not using any vacation time, I need them to cash that out when I leave.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
really thinking the next job i take will be either remote or a contract job, i want two months off per year and i'm willing to sacrifice potential earnings to have more free time
You can't do that now? Where I worked before there were some Indian dudes that would take off a couple weeks (little over a month) to visit their families back home. They would exhaust PTO and then just take the rest unpaid. I can't see why if you put the time in early enough you wouldn't be able to do the same thing. They don't need to know what you're taking off for.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You can't do that now? Where I worked before there were some Indian dudes that would take off a couple weeks (little over a month) to visit their families back home. They would exhaust PTO and then just take the rest unpaid. I can't see why if you put the time in early enough you wouldn't be able to do the same thing. They don't need to know what you're taking off for.
you need to be approved to take unpaid time off, no one is approving a month off so i can travel - that's just not the culture of my team, i use my days throughout the year visiting/taking small trips with friends since we're all over the country, and it's not realistic for me to take 2-4 weeks off straight and expect my workload to somehow be covered. on the upside, if i did want to stay here 4 years, i'd get a paid 6-week sabbatical

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I want to pass out. I've been working 7:30 to 6:30 straight every day this month and then stupidly went out/drank every night this week. I hope this storm hits bad so I can cancel most of the stuff I have to do this weekend.

Yessssss I'm gonna finally see Stevie! :noah::noah:

Last edited: