The Lo Lifes: HOW A NYC GANG TOOK RALPH LAUREN FROM COUNTRY CLUB UNIFORM TO STREETWEAR STAPLE

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
You must mean in NYC. Down south been rocking polo. They didnt influence shyt down here and make shyt cool. We got out own shyt down here and polo has always been on.
Lies you don't have shyt down thurrrrr. . The south has no fashion. Not the type that anyone wants to wear on purpose up north.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They rocking clothes made by this cac?
986_v9_bc.jpg

:scust:

CDPUbwbW0AA2gQy.jpg:large

square_nrm_1424370579-1424365467-screen_shot_2015-02-19_at_120405_pm.jpg

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you mean they were the first to ONLY rock polo then ok. But nikkas acting like they was the first nikkas to make polo cool. nikkas been rocking polo. They had no imfluence down here. We had no clue what local NY nikkas was doing down south.

Just give ne a second . Taking a 7 hour drive to my mother’s house so i can find it in our scrapbook :martin:
Alot of the local nikkas influenced the rappers on t.v. very literally. If you were seeing rap on t.v. then you were being influenced. Whether you know it or not.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Lies you don't have shyt down thurrrrr. . The south has no fashion. Not the type that anyone wants to wear on purpose up north.

Yeah... were walking around in overalls, a strawhat, and barefooted :mjlol:. You are a fukking idiot. Polo, Locoste, Le Tigre is what we rocked back in my day DOWN SOUTH. Nobody gave a flying fukk about what some 17 year old project nikkas 3 thousand miles away were wearing :deadrose:

NYC taught u diccheads how to dress pay homage
We need a bay vs NY thread. These nikkas think they invented earth

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you mean they were the first to ONLY rock polo then ok. But nikkas acting like they was the first nikkas to make polo cool. nikkas been rocking polo. They had no imfluence down here. We had no clue what local NY nikkas was doing down south.
NY was the first to get label designers and brands popping in the culture. We influenced hip hop, therefore that influence trickled down south . The only thing the south and west got with was those overly brightl designed Cross Colors. Ever heard of the trickle down theory? All the black designer labels came from New York. - Karl kani, fubu, Sean John, provided the foundation. My brother was boosting and I remember getting mad at him bc he never would bring back woman's wear so I had the idea to take the shirts and tailor them into tennis dresses...

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Don't find this to be a good thing, tbh.

Making a man rich who wouldn't feed you from his table, spaz if you messed with his daughter, etc?

Miss me with that.

Whether its a euro-cac or ameri-cac brand, the materialism is goofy to me.

And it's not like the make of the brand is exceptional, at that.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
NY was the first to get label designers and brands popping in the culture. We influenced hip hop, therefore that influence trickled down south . The only thing the south and west got with was those overly brightl designed Cross Colors. Ever heard of the trickle down theory? All the black designer labels came from New York. - Karl kani, fubu, Sean John, provided the foundation. My brother was boosting and I remember getting mad at him bc he never would bring back woman's wear so I had the idea to take the shirts and tailor them into tennis dresses...
giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah... were walking around in overalls, a strawhat, and barefooted :mjlol:. You are a fukking idiot. Polo, Locoste, Le Tigre is what we rocked back in my day DOWN SOUTH. Nobody gave a flying fukk about what some 17 year old project nikkas 3 thousand miles away were wearing :deadrose:

We need a bay vs NY thread. These nikkas think they invented earth
The dudes around my way we're wearing this too. Where do you think the idea came from??

Not the expert or source on menswear bc I'm not a man, so I'm not going back and forth with you on those fashions, I'm just telling you what I know from men that I associated with.

Too early in the morning for this and I need to start getting ready for work

No we don't need no NYC vs whoever city bc there's enough of that in here week after week..not my fault if y'all are insecure in your denial and delusion. Out on your front porches in a rocking chair watching the Ford f150 pick up trucks drive by with cousin skeeter in the driver seat, waiting for him to take you to the downtown mall on Main Street, 60 mile's away , with clothes boosted from New York so you can keep up with the latest fashions.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
61Tl30KZ3vL._SS500.jpg

You mean this ain't the wave?
:laff::laff::deadmanny: the latest in Sharecropper Chic as brought to you by Down on the Farm Design. They originally called it "Fat Farm" until Russell Simmons sued their copyright infringing country asses.

They also suggest you wear with no shirt underneath . And it comes in red or yellow for those nights on the town- you can go directly from the farm to the club .
:ld: