The Little Known Biblical Curse of Egypt by Isaiah

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
How are demons complex? Because God allows them to exist and operate?

Wouldn’t that just make God complex? :manny:
im not using complex as a compliment but to cause you to think more deeply on it

if God spoke reality and people into existence then any insinuation of God talking has to include that interpretation in mind.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not using complex as a compliment but to cause you to think more deeply on it

if God spoke reality and people into existence then any insinuation of God talking has to include that interpretation in mind.

Well, If you’re “into demons” you should watch this movie

:demonic:

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Well, If you’re “into demons” you should watch this movie

:demonic:

giphy.gif

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
and there were 72 souls in Jacob when he passed away...
Are you referring to Ya'akοv Avînu's family group of 70 'souls' (B'réshît 46:27; Sh'mοt 1:5; D'varîm 10:22)?

Because the word translated there as 'soul' is
נפש neffesh, but it has no spiritual connotation; it just means a person (e.g., "I feel so bad for that poor 'soul' ").

The Hebrew word for what you think of as a 'soul' (in the spiritual sense) is
נשמה n'shama.

how can a man have more than one soul in him?
Without getting too into the mystical side of things, there are three Hebrew words often translated as 'soul':
i) רוח ru'ah is a 'spirit', the electric battery or 'life-force' that animates the גוף guf 'body' and brings it to life;
וְיָשֹׁב הֶעָפָר עַל הָאָרֶץ כְּשֶׁהָיָה
וְהָרוּחַ תָּשׁוּב אֶל הָאֱלֹקִים אֲשֶׁר נְתָנָהּ׃

The dust [i.e., the body] returns to the ground as it was before,
and the ru'ah
['spirit'] returns to [the] Elohim, who supplied it. (Kohellet 12:7)

ii) נשמה n'shama is a 'soul', corresponding to one's 'self' or consciousness, the 'intellectual-force' of Man;
וַיִּיצֶר יְיָָ אֱלֹקִים אֶת־הָאָדָם עָפָר מִן־הָאֲדָמָה
וַיִּפַּח בְּאַפָּיו נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים
וַיְהִי הָאָדָם לְנֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה׃
Then Adonay-Elohim fabricated the adam from the ground's dust
and He blew a
[or 'the'] n'shama ['soul'] of life into its nose [literally 'noses', i.e., the nostrils]
with the result that the adam turned into a living neffesh
['creature' or 'being']. (B'réshît 2:7)

iii) נפש neffesh, confusingly, is also translated as a 'soul', but in a different sense, because this usage is rather like how we might refer to someone as 'that poor soul' or 'that lucky soul' and just means a person (e.g., Vayyîk'ra 4:27, 5:17; B'mîdbar 15:27).
הַנֶּפֶשׁ הַחֹטֵאת הִיא תָמוּת בֵּן לֹא־יִשָּׂא ׀ בַּעֲוֺן הָאָב וְאָב לֹא יִשָּׂא בַּעֲוֺן הַבֵּן צִדְקַת הַצַּדִּיק עָלָיו תִּהְיֶה וְרִשְׁעַת הָרָשָׁע עָלָיו תִּהְיֶה׃
The person who commits an offense—he [alone] shall die [for it]: a son must not be punished for his father's wrongs and a father must not be punished for his son's wrongs; a righteous person is to be credited for his righteousness and a wicked person is to be penalized for his wickedness. (Y'hêzkél 18:20)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you referring to Ya'akοv Avînu's family group of 70 'souls' (B'réshît 46:27; Sh'mοt 1:5; D'varîm 10:22)?

Because the word translated there as 'soul' is
נפש neffesh, but it has no spiritual connotation; it just means a person (e.g., "I feel so bad for that poor 'soul' ").

The Hebrew word for what you think of as a 'soul' (in the spiritual sense) is
נשמה n'shama.

Without getting too into the mystical side of things, there are three Hebrew words often translated as 'soul':

Is it true that Judaism today teaches reincarnation?

I’ve heard a few rabbis mention it?

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Is it true that Judaism today teaches reincarnation?

I’ve heard a few rabbis mention it?
Yes. But, as one must delve into the realm of Jewish esoteric tradition, it is (for the most part) irrelevant to us. You pays your money and takes your choice, as they say.

We are not a culture that emphasizes spiritualist, magical or mystical matters and even what mysticism we do have (à la reincarnation) is kept strictly in the background and does not form any part of 'normative' Judaism.

• Dap

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. But, as one must delve into the realm of Jewish esoteric tradition, it is (for the most part) irrelevant to us. You pays your money and takes your choice, as they say.

We are not a culture that emphasizes spiritualist, magical or mystical matters and even what mysticism we do have (à la reincarnation) is kept strictly in the background and does not form any part of 'normative' Judaism.

Right, and you call it Gilgul?

But it’s not really taught in the Torah or really mainstream Judaism.

Do you believe in it?

And why is there a need for this in Jewish spirituality today? What problem does it solve?

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Right, and you call it Gilgul?
Correct. In fact, Jewish children learn the term גִּלְגּוּל gil'gul as soon as they are old enough to appreciate the significance of t'fillah ('prayer'), because even at such an early age they are taught to recite the Sh'ma (D'varîm 6:4) before getting into bed each night, and this is preceded by a b'racha ('benediction') that contains a passage in some siddurim (daily prayer-books) with the solemn declaration to the Creator that all of Yîsra'él is forgiven
.בֵֵּין בְְּגִִלְְגּוּל זֶֶה בֵֵּין בְְּגִִלְְגּוּל אַַחֵֵר לְְכָָל בֶֶּן אָָדָָם וְְלֹֹא יֵֵעָָנֵֵשׁ שׁוּם אָָדָָם בְְּסִִבָָּתִִי...
...whether in this incarnation or in any other incarnation for any person, so that nobody else should suffer punishment because of me.

The above excerpt is taken from one נֹסַח סְְפָָרַַד siddur (used by ḥasidim) that I own. See the following scan:
I9KwdHe.png

------------
*quoting from the 2nd word, 4th line down until the 3rd word, 5th line down

But it’s not really taught in the Torah or really mainstream Judaism.
The information is brought down in the esoteric parts of the Torah.

Do you believe in it?
Yes, but it isn't that important an issue to me.

And why is there a need for this in Jewish spirituality today? What problem does it solve?
To put it simply, reincarnation allows us another chance to correct our mistakes.

• Dap

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Correct. In fact, Jewish children learn the term גִּלְגּוּל gil'gul as soon as they are old enough to appreciate the significance of t'fillah ('prayer'), because even at such an early age they are taught to recite the Sh'ma (D'varîm 6:4) before getting into bed each night, and this is preceded by a b'racha ('benediction') that contains a passage in some siddurim (daily prayer-books) with the solemn declaration to the Creator that all of Yîsra'él is forgiven

The above excerpt is taken from one
נֹסַח סְְפָָרַַד siddur (used by ḥasidim) that I own. See the following scan:

The information is brought down in the esoteric parts of the Torah.

Yes, but it isn't that important an issue to me.

To put it simply, reincarnation allows us another chance to correct our mistakes.

So isn’t that basically Buddhism where you keep coming back until you reach “nirvana”?

And what about the resurrection? And who gets judged?

Doesnt the Bible say the soul as 1 Body that is “sleep” when it dies until reaching the afterlife?

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
So isn’t that basically Buddhism where you keep coming back until you reach “nirvana”?
Only just.

And what about the resurrection?
What about it?

And who gets judged?
It might help you to consider the closing two verses of the book Kohelet, in which King Sh'lomοh writes
סוֹף דָּבָר הַכֹּל נִשְׁמָע אֶת־הָאֱלֹקִים יְרָא וְאֶת־מִצְוֺתָיו שְׁמוֹר כִּי־זֶה כָּל־הָאָדָם׃ כִּי אֶת־כָּל־מַעֲשֶׂה הָאֱלֹקִים יָבִא בְמִשְׁפָּט עַל כָּל־נֶעְלָם אִם־טוֹב וְאִם־רָע׃
This is the bottom line, all things having been considered: the whole purpose of Man is to respect the Elohim and obey His Mitz'vot; because the Elohim will bring each one of a man's actions to judgement, even those done in secret, to determine whether they were rightful or wrongful. (Kohelet 12:13-14).
Thus, it is not the person per se who will be judged, but each individual action that he did during his life.

Doesnt the Bible say the soul as 1 Body that is “sleep” when it dies until reaching the afterlife?
Which verse(s)?

• Dap

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Never heard anything like this before :whoo:

Is this accurate info on this God Ashteroth? @MMS

I know you study a lot of ancient Gods. Did you know this? :youngsabo:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Never heard anything like this before :whoo:

Is this accurate info on this God Ashteroth? @MMS

I know you study a lot of ancient Gods. Did you know this? :youngsabo:

of course

that said, lets remember the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Nahor (river) etc...

God made man in his own image, after his likeness, male and female created he them.

then in Genesis 2, he makes a deep sleep fall over "Adam" whom he presumably either made

• on the first page
  • or on the second page, meaning there is an image of god that is male/female separate from Adam.
The Ashtoreth, Athirat, Asherah etc are all allegories of the "great house" or the "Universe" as you would call it in science.

So when the priests worshipped the "great house" they were paying homage to old creation rituals that would not make sense to you (not really to me either)

In either case, the "languages" that existed in Babylon and before hand did not "disappear" they just arent taught to people. People want to know things like this but their unbelief and the world they live in make it difficult to contemplate ancient things IMO

From my perspective making sense of the polytheistic cultures and the monotheistic present (the world as spoken by YHWH) it is a worthless endeavor to assume yourself a creator on equal footing with that God. Which is what those ancient cultures were doing (see Amorites) basically baking new spiritual bread and hoping the "great house" replicates it.

@Koichos could probably answer this better.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@DoubleClutch @Marks @010101

now hypothetically speaking, in 2023 if you were attempting to speak to the great house what would you say to it that its never heard before?

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
@DoubleClutch @Marks @010101

now hypothetically speaking, in 2023 if you were attempting to speak to the great house what would you say to it that its never heard before?

One word, "How?"

• Dap