The Lion King's getting terrible reviews

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t actually say anything though. They just aggregate scores from the top movie critics from all over and averages the score. Same as meta critic (which the lion king also has a bad score on).

After hearing what they did to “Be Prepared” this is gonna be a hard pass for me.

How could they do this to the best song on there :mjcry:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You was waiting on a comment like that because you know it's true. If the same exact movie replaced Beyonce with Taylor Swift and Donald Glover with Justin Bieber you would not be in this thread calling it wack. You or anybody else. Y'all simply just c00ns and cacs who hate on anything black and y'all love any and all things white even if it's 1000 percent GARBAGE. I bet you won't even name the white movies that wack to you
This comment is disingenuous because if it was TS and/or JB we (black folks) wouldn’t give a fukk about it.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Beyonce comes across as someone who never got the chance to develop intellectually. This wouldn't be much of a problem except that she has reached a level of celebrity where she's expected to express profound thoughts, statements and ideas......of which she has none.

What she does have is a great team that can attach her brand to great ideas and movements and her own ability to keep her mouth closed if she doesn't have anything thought provoking to say. Her ability not to insert foot into mouth is extremely underrated and critical to her continued success. Less is more with Beyonce. All people can do with Beyonce is assume she is dumb, with Cardi B, Nicki Minaj and others you see it on full display.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
She a terrible actress, I was watching Obsessed and she was like robot in that movie.

I question the judgement of any director that decides to cast Beyoncé. Every movie she’s been in her acting is terrible. And to hear her speak is to know despair.

she ruined Cadillac Records

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
DUH...I said from the first trailer those real ass animals aint gone work. How they gone sing and show human emotion like the cartoon original looking like they look.lol

Try this with those real ass lions
tenor.gif

Alladin worked cause it was people instead of animals.

:picard:

Jungle Book worked too.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I don't want the beehive coming for my neck but from my understanding its cuz people are finally seeing that beyonce can't read. Its been a lowkey rumor for years that people were scared to discuss. Look at all her ig posts all pictures and no words. Blue ivy helped her learn her lines. Why u think Blue ivy treat beyonce the way she do its cuz the bytch can't read.
:mjlol:

Legalese

Banned
Daps
RT is not trustworthy on its own.
If the RT and IMDB are both low then maybe there's something to it

Legalese

Banned
Daps
:patrice:You do realize that RT just tallies the reviews from various critics and averages out the percentage of good vs bad right?

Black panther is sitting at 97% :francis:
I'm talking user score, but the movie is not out yet so it doesn't apply here. I'm surprised the critic score is that bad

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I don't want the beehive coming for my neck but from my understanding its cuz people are finally seeing that beyonce can't read. Its been a lowkey rumor for years that people were scared to discuss. Look at all her ig posts all pictures and no words. Blue ivy helped her learn her lines. Why u think Blue ivy treat beyonce the way she do its cuz the bytch can't read.
How does Blue Ivy "treat" Beyonce? And where's the evidence she helped her with her lines?

Also for something like this it's very likely she doesn't have to read anything and there was some other voiceover actor that she was listening to and repeating what was said. Voiceover work is more than just reading something on paper. You have to get the proper tonal inflections down and she likely had a coach that she was repeating and mimicking the lines from.