The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I wouldn't be mad at it :yeshrug: but the IWC might actually spill violence onto the streets if they get word that Ricochet is being dressed up as a pilot and buried in a stable of flippy midgets.:russ:
If the IWC is okay with a dinosaur, a wrestling orange, and little Jungle Boy cosplaying as Raven, then they'll be alright. :manny:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
^I said this before when The Outrunners' merch sales were brought up. They don't just go out and have "bangers"; instead, they play to the crowd. People like seeing them, and they're fun without being silly.
They're the guys we would've enjoyed watching on Saturday morning rasslin', and then bought their action figures with our chore money. Like I said earlier, the Butcher & Blade ship has sailed, but if Tony Khan is smart, we'll see the Outrunners become one of the top teams on Collision & Dynamite very soon.
If you’ve been following them recently, there is definitely a push behind them now. They’ve recently started having 8-10ish minute competitive matches with established tag teams. And they recently got a squash win for their first ever win.

They are following the same model that many others have that weren’t big names or weren’t brought in to be immediate stars but had potential to get there. We may not all agree that it’s the best route to go but it’s a model that has proven to work to varying levels of success with many others in AEW.

Think like Skye Blue, Julia Hart, Willow, Daniel Garcia, Takeshyta, the Acclaimed, the Gunns, Juice, Big Bill, etc.

The Acclaimed probably the biggest examples of that. Nobodies that jobbed out repeatedly, got over organically, and at one point might have been the most over act in the whole damn company

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If you’ve been following them recently, there is definitely a push behind them now. They’ve recently started having 8-10ish minute competitive matches with established tag teams. And they recently got a squash win for their first ever win.

They are following the same model that many others have that weren’t big names or weren’t brought in to be immediate stars but had potential to get there. We may not all agree that it’s the best route to go but it’s a model that has proven to work to varying levels of success with many others in AEW.

Think like Skye Blue, Julia Hart, Willow, Daniel Garcia, Takeshyta, the Acclaimed, the Gunns, Juice, Big Bill, etc.
I've been watching them, and I was happy when they got a quick squash. I'm not a fan of the "they were able to hang with _____" method; I'd much rather see them face some jobber teams (like true 80's teams would've), and put the jobbers away quickly.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The whole EVP gimmick is the worst thing they’ve done in their careers that I’ve seen at least. shyt needs to end. Like when they lose the tag titles the stip needs to be they have to resign (not re-sign) as EVPs. Would help put more heat on the match and get the opponents even more over as well.
It's very telling that their entire careers, the Bucks gimmick was doing the *wink wink* we know you know, but we'll be obnoxious a$$holes so you can boo us", and they were almost inexplicably successful with it. And then, all of a sudden their shtick stopped being effective and the crowd did not gave a fukk about them anymore.

This EVP stuff they tried to force feed us for the past 6 months is something the hardcore/core AEW audience would've loved and spent money on it in 2018-2021.

I still wonder if the IWC fans that spent all that money on The Elite for those 3-5 years in the late 2010's-early 2020's just banished or if something else happened to them. Did they just went back to WWE? Considering how unprecedentedly loyal they were to the Elite, that would be really surprising to me.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's very telling that their entire careers, the Bucks gimmick was doing the *wink wink* we know you know, but we'll be obnoxious a$$holes so you can boo us", and they were almost inexplicably successful with it. And then, all of a sudden their shtick stopped being effective and the crowd did not gave a fukk about them anymore.

This EVP stuff they tried to force feed us for the past 6 months is something the hardcore/core AEW audience would've loved and spent money on it in 2018-2021.

I still wonder if the IWC fans that spent all that money on The Elite for those 3-5 years in the late 2010's-early 2020's just banished or if something else happened to them. Did they just went back to WWE? Considering how unprecedentedly loyal they were to the Elite, that would be really surprising to me.
The whole EVP thing just isn’t good no matter when it takes place. I liked the direction they took it in when Jack came back but the booking of it since has been awful.