The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
One of the guys I watch on YouTube made an argument for the Outrunners dethroning the Young Bucks, and you know what, I can get behind it.
I agree with that. The Outrunners could be Tony Khan's do-over for not doing more with The Butcher & The Blade. Everything about The Outrunners says "we'll sell tons of merch". Right now, they're easily the most marketable (and accessible) tag team on the roster.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Don't know what the gender breakdown of fans is, but wouldn't be a bad idea if shockwave becomes an all female program for Fox to appeal more to that audience. Of course it depends on if they get on the actual network vs tubi or elsewhere. Question is where may it fit in if on regular fox.

Now a two hour block of Shockwave and Rampage might not be a bad idea. In whichever order.

Thinking in a logical perspective now. They really only have Friday available. With Raw, NXT, and Dynamite leading the week, plus Thursday night football, and Collision on Saturday.

I don't know what Fox has scheduled for Friday night this week to replace SD. But there's no NFL games that day. I do see Fox broadcasts mlb games on Thursday evening tho season is ending soon and not sure how that does against nfl usually.

Now they won't get 2 million like with SD, but I'm wondering what they can even put that gets decent ratings instead, since I'm sure lot of the wwe fans will just follow them to USA.

Now they can't do Rampage at 10 likely due to local news but an 8-10 block could work. Only other option may be Tuesday since Monday they going against nfl even if Raw not on tv.

A possible scenario is live Dynamite with shockwave and Rampage filmed surrounding it, and then Collision followed by ROH tapping, whether live on Saturdays or takes on Thursday that week or however schedule permits.

This seems like the biggest longshot but if it's a new program and Fox is involved, it could work out. Maybe get some of those noncable folks that can't follow wwe to usa network.

Cheaper for them too and if that joint venture with fox, wbd, and espn hits, they can get ppv on streaming which is more important. But i think they can get decent ratings on fox. Maybe not better than SD but decent enough for the cost.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Top Flight need including in the tag/trio title scene before long too - Leila was the last bit of polish they needed.

Andretti's been wearing his Prospect patch too long too. Time to jump him in for real.

Sons-of-anarchy-wh-halfsack-was-killed-off-in-season-2.jpg

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I agree with that. The Outrunners could be Tony Khan's do-over for not doing more with The Butcher & The Blade. Everything about The Outrunners says "we'll sell tons of merch". Right now, they're easily the most marketable (and accessible) tag team on the roster.
And apparently they are selling a ton of merch. Apparently more than top level AEW stars. I don’t know who or what that says more about and rather that’s good or not (that another discussion), but the results are the results.

But I like them. They are good enough workers, have a ton of in-ring and nice charisma, and have a unique and “original” gimmick. Depending on how original you want to call being 80s cosplayers, that is.

I can argue there are other tag teams potentially more deserving, but they also aren’t moving merch like the Outrunners are.

And I think putting booking behind people who move merch is generally a good strategy. It’s the one thing you can point at and say beyond a shadow of a doubt that people are putting their money directly behind this person or this tag team. If you’re willing to put your money behind someone (and let’s be honest $40 after shipping and tax for one t-shirt isn’t exactly cheap), then theoretically that’s someone you’re much more willing to see on TV, PPV, or in person

Don’t think I’d want to see them have an extended reign with the belts because I’d need to see a lot more out of them and currently that gimmick only has so many miles in it. But at this point something different than YB, FTR, and the Acclaimed would be a welcome change.

And what’s the worse that can happen, it sucks? Well the tag title picture sucks now as it is…

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Won't even let AEW air squash matches on their own YouTube channel, potentially double what their paying them, & somehow let them get a thing going somewhere else because you can't even keep terms you already have :jbhmm:

WBD sounds fukking terrible at negotiations :skip:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just please get the Bucks the fukk away from AEW TV.
The whole EVP gimmick is the worst thing they’ve done in their careers that I’ve seen at least. shyt needs to end. Like when they lose the tag titles the stip needs to be they have to resign (not re-sign) as EVPs. Would help put more heat on the match and get the opponents even more over as well.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I've thought the Outrunners have had it since I first saw them - they're like the Anti-FTR - all the 80s gimmicks that FTR wouldn't be seen dead doing. It's joyful.

I don't know if you can turn them into more than midcard honestly, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I thought the same when I was yelling "Which one's Dawson? Which one's Dash?" at NXT: London and I was definitely wrong then.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Won't even let AEW air squash matches on their own YouTube channel, potentially double what their paying them, & somehow let them get a thing going somewhere else because you can't even keep terms you already have :jbhmm:

WBD sounds fukking terrible at negotiations :skip:
Maybe what WBD and AEW didn’t come to an agreement on the financials and content terms for exclusivity. That exclusivity does come at a premium, after all.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I've thought the Outrunners have had it since I first saw them - they're like the Anti-FTR - all the 80s gimmicks that FTR wouldn't be seen dead doing. It's joyful.

I don't know if you can turn them into more than midcard honestly, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I thought the same when I was yelling "Which one's Dawson? Which one's Dash?" at NXT: London and I was definitely wrong then.
It’s worth a shot. If it sucks then so be it, end it quickly. Not like what’s happening now with the tag titles is any good.

At least if it’s different and sucks there is some hope it can get better. When it’s the same old shyt and sucks, you just want the misery to end.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
And apparently they are selling a ton of merch. Apparently more than top level AEW stars. I don’t know who or what that says more about and rather that’s good or not (that another discussion), but the results are the results.

But I like them. They are good enough workers, have a ton of in-ring and nice charisma, and have a unique and “original” gimmick. Depending on how original you want to call being 80s cosplayers, that is.

I can argue there are other tag teams potentially more deserving, but they also aren’t moving merch like the Outrunners are.

And I think putting booking behind people who move merch is generally a good strategy. It’s the one thing you can point at and say beyond a shadow of a doubt that people are putting their money directly behind this person or this tag team. If you’re willing to put your money behind someone (and let’s be honest $40 after shipping and tax for one t-shirt isn’t exactly cheap), then theoretically that’s someone you’re much more willing to see on TV, PPV, or in person

Don’t think I’d want to see them have an extended reign with the belts because I’d need to see a lot more out of them and currently that gimmick only has so many miles in it. But at this point something different than YB, FTR, and the Acclaimed would be a welcome change.

And what’s the worse that can happen, it sucks? Well the tag title picture sucks now as it is…
It's understandable. The Outrunners have a unique look and a fun gimmick. They're characters, and that's what sells.
The other guys in the bolded section just wrestle. They're all steak, and no sizzle.
^I said this before when The Outrunners' merch sales were brought up. They don't just go out and have "bangers"; instead, they play to the crowd. People like seeing them, and they're fun without being silly.
They're the guys we would've enjoyed watching on Saturday morning rasslin', and then bought their action figures with our chore money. Like I said earlier, the Butcher & Blade ship has sailed, but if Tony Khan is smart, we'll see the Outrunners become one of the top teams on Collision & Dynamite very soon.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Top Flight need including in the tag/trio title scene before long too - Leila was the last bit of polish they needed.

Andretti's been wearing his Prospect patch too long too. Time to jump him in for real.

Sons-of-anarchy-wh-halfsack-was-killed-off-in-season-2.jpg
Get rid of that scrub Andretti, and let Ricochet become the third member of the House Of Half Black.