The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMG-1971.jpg
A few months ago, the AEW talent recently noted on Instagram that he was back in the gym after replacing his knees and hips.In July, on an episode of ROH TV, it was announced by Wight that Tony Khan had appointed him to the Ring of Honor Board of Directors.

While appearing on Downunder The Ring, Wight noted he hopes to get back in the ring. Here are the highlights:

On an in-ring return: ”God, I hope so because Tony Khan paid me a sh*t ton of money to get in the ring, and so far, I haven’t done sh*t.

On the bump onto the car: I did. Then, right after that, I went and got my knee replaced. Thanks, Will Hobbs. Will Hobbs is amazing. I have nothing but nice things to say about Will. 1, He looks like an absolute monster. 2, He is one of the nicest, humbled human beings. I have met a lot of people in this business. Will Hobbs is [in my] top 3 of the most nicest, humbled human beings I’ve ever met.”

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Big Show sees "IT" in Powerhouse Hobbs. Mark Henry saw it. Punk saw it, Cody saw it, too. Jim Ross has given Hobbs high praise. I even heard Cornette gushing over Hobbs. Arn Anderson is also a fan of the young breh:

All of these legends know that Hobbs can be THE guy, but Tony Khan refuses to let Hobbs advance beyond the pale, pasty second graders that get top billing.

:snoop:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bryan Danielson, formerly known as Daniel Bryan, popularized the “Yes” chant during the WrestleMania 30 season in 2014. Danielson made his AEW debut in 2021. Initially, he said he would not use the “Yes” chant in AEW out of respect for the former employer.

However, The American Dragon started performing the “Yes” chant from the 2023 Forbidden Door event. On July 29, Danielson filed to trademark the “Yes” chant with the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

In an interview with Luke James Chats, Bryan Danielson revealed that he received a legal letter from WWE after he applied to trademark the “Yes” chant.

Well, so it’s weird. I applied for it [“Yes” chant trademark]. but then I got — it wasn’t necessarily a cease and desist. I got some sort of legal letter from WWE. It’s really weird because my manager just texted me and said, ‘Hey, this thing is available. Do you wanna get it?’ And I was like, ‘How much does it cost?’ And it wasn’t that much, and I was like, ‘Okay, sure,’ and then, shortly after that, I got an email from WWE saying, oh, ‘This is infringing’ on this or that or whatever, and I’m like, ‘Dude, I’m not trying to sell anybody anything. I just do my thing.’

Not for nothing but this is the type of shyt Tony Khan was talking about

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like they expanded the grand slam setup. Let's see how that works out. Still good to see them opening up more instead of just having it smaller.

This is the old update:

And this the one with the added setup:

Doesn't hurt to open more seats like that regularly.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Looks like they expanded the grand slam setup. Let's see how that works out. Still good to see them opening up more instead of just having it smaller.

This is the old update:

And this the one with the added setup:

Doesn't hurt to open more seats like that regularly.

That's kind of what they always do. They want to sell the most TV-visible seats first before they let people start buying the others. I would just open up more to begin with and then move people to the TV-visible seats if you have to. Might sell more tickets that way. On the other hand, the TV-visible seats tend to cost more, so if moving people to more expensive seats becomes a regular thing then it starts alienating the people who paid more for the tickets to begin with.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
660k :laff:

That fake tv deal never coming.

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I hope WBD goes full-heel on AEW. Not because I dislike AEW, but because I love fukkery that doesn't involve me.

I hope WBD offer TNA a TV deal and ride with them instead :lolbron:
I want Tony to have to answer a call from Pop TV. I want whatever that does to his ego to happen, strictly for my own amusement.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Did anyone post the cable ranking for it? It couldn't have been #1 with the U.S. Open on, at least I don't think it would be.

"Dynamite ranked #5 in P18-49 for the day on cable. It was outranked by Hannity on Fox News (0.31), the U.S. Open on ESPN (0.26), The Challenge on MTV (0.21), and Gutfeld on Fox News (0.21)."