The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Punk vs. Joe? It was aiiiiighhttt.... I thought they had a better match on TV honestly.
Yes, it was good. I don’t even remember the tv match, but All In surprised me. Wouldn’t be shocked if that was Punk’s last good match. :skip:

(the match with Drew was fine. But after a good lead up and Drew’s online shyt talking, it didn’t stand out.)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The match was still good. :ld:
It was, but I'm just talking about Joe being :bryan: :blessed: and then the Perry shyt happens and has to use most of that energy to stop him and Punk to ruin his big moment. It's fukked up, at least TK gave him a title reign as compensation :lolbron:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It was, but I'm just talking about Joe being :bryan: :blessed: and then the Perry shyt happens and has to use most of that energy to stop him and Punk to ruin his big moment. It's fukked up, at least TK gave him a title reign as compensation :lolbron:
If I remember, none of that shyt came out until after the match. He lost the match anyway, so it didn’t ruin any real big moment for him . He went out, didn’t let that incident affect him, and put on a quality match.

Even if none of that shyt happened, no one gonna talk about that match specifically. The entire event would still be talked about positively.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If I remember, none of that shyt came out until after the match. He lost the match anyway, so it didn’t ruin any real big moment for him . He went out, didn’t let that incident affect him, and put on a quality match.

Even if none of that shyt happened, no one gonna talk about that match specifically. The entire event would still be talked about positively.
We are talking about two different things :dead:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
We are talking about two different things :dead:
You’re saying that backstage bs ruined his moment. I don’t think it did. He still went out and wrestled in front of a big ass crowd, put on a good match, and got paid. He didn’t win a belt and get overshadowed by the Backstage shyt, didn’t let it affect his game.

He just held back JP, who was already acting timid. He didn’t waste much energy. :heh:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I've felt they should move it around before it gets stale :hubie:
There's just more money to be made by moving it around, especially given you either (1) have to sell tens of thousands of tickets for it to be financially viable or (2) charge a shyt ton of money for a much smaller # of tickets and price a lot of fans out of the market.

WWE really the only wrestling company that can get away with doing a gigantic stadium and charging out of the ass for tickets, and even then they aren't coming close to selling out the place.

AEW wasn't going to be able to sell as many tickets for Wembley this year as last year because they have to have a smaller setup to accommodate an extra Taylor Swift concert, but even with the smaller setup it's looking they are going to be somewhere around 30K less than last year. Though I believe they are charging a good bit more than last year, and then they have the Dynamite taping that they are charging out the ass for. Don't know if the profit will be the same but the increased prices should offset it a good bit.

Without a big site fee, going to eastern Australia makes a whole lot more sense than going to western Australia like WWE did. The vast majority of Australia's population lives on the east coast with the center of the country being largely barren, so an east coast location is much more accessible for the Australian (and New Zealand) population.

Last edited: