The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
AEW wasn't going to be able to sell as many tickets for Wembley this year as last year because they have to have a smaller setup to accommodate an extra Taylor Swift concert, but even with the smaller setup it's looking they are going to be somewhere around 30K less than last year. Though I believe they are charging a good bit more than last year, and then they have the Dynamite taping that they are charging out the ass for. Don't know if the profit will be the same but the increased prices should offset it a good bit.

I'll be interested to see what the live gate is. They are at around 45,000 tickets right now they should do over 50K as it inches closer.. 'SummerSlam' just did a reported 54K at Cleveland Browns Stadium and it looked good on TV, no reason why 'ALL IN' shouldn't look good for television.

Australia does seem to be one of those markets that gets excited if wrestling comes there but those were WWE shows. I don't know how much they watch AEW but that's for TK to figure out.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'll be interested to see what the live gate is. They are at around 45,000 tickets right now they should do over 50K as it inches closer.. 'SummerSlam' just did a reported 54K at Cleveland Browns Stadium and it looked good on TV, no reason why 'ALL IN' shouldn't look good for television.

Australia does seem to be one of those markets that gets excited if wrestling comes there but those were WWE shows. I don't know how much they watch AEW but that's for TK to figure out.
Well AEW is on ESPN down there. I would assume it does at least OK numbers if ESPN is a big channel down there. They also can get AEW TV on Triller, which is only like $6 a month I think.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Well AEW is on ESPN down there. I would assume it does at least OK numbers if ESPN is a big channel down there. They also can get AEW TV on Triller, which is only like $6 a month I think.

Looks like FOX Sports might be the main sports channel in Australia, broadcasting all of their primary sports but ESPN does appear to be available through most of their cable providers. I haven't seen anything on how well they do there. This is the article that discusses what potential locations there are in Sydney and Melbourne

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
AEW should make the Australian show a winter-season PPV since that would be Australia's summer season. So probably the March PPV would work best - average daily high on March 21 in Sydney is 76 with an average daily low of 64, according to the below website.

March allows them to avoid the NFL season and can host it on a Saturday.

It also gives some separation between Wrestle Dynasty in Japan in early January, though I doubt there would be much overlap in ticket buyers between the two.

Most of the US isn't going to be watching it live because of the time zone differences, so definitely needs to be on a Saturday so people can have the whole weekend to watch it and work it around watching March Madness basketball.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
AEW should make the Australian show a winter-season PPV since that would be Australia's summer season. So probably the March PPV would work best - average daily high on March 21 in Sydney is 76 with an average daily low of 64, according to the below website.

March allows them to avoid the NFL season and can host it on a Saturday.

It also gives some separation between Wrestle Dynasty in Japan in early January, though I doubt there would be much overlap in ticket buyers between the two.

Most of the US isn't going to be watching it live because of the time zone differences, so definitely needs to be on a Saturday so people can have the whole weekend to watch it and work it around watching March Madness basketball.

I think Sydney is like 14 hours ahead of our Eastern Time Zone. Most of the U.S. would have to watch it like a NJPW show if they were to host it in primetime. However, if they did an afternoon show over there, it'd work out better for everyone in the states.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca

full

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Them doing shows in other continents is great. Alot of the ish they've taken chances on has worked out, problem is going back to sites in such short time.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Them doing shows in other continents is great. Alot of the ish they've taken chances on has worked out, problem is going back to sites in such short time.

I think it could work and again they probably shouldn't try to do UK 3 years in a row.

How about....First ever major wrestling event in ANTARTICA... :troll:

tony_the_snowman_by_somefn90sguy_dfveysg-fullview.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Holy shyt I completely forgot about that. Kenny better be back by then because they got nothing for that market besides Okada :dead: