Mark Soldier? Was he in Bullet Club? :troll:

371g3n.gif

Guns Up:birdman:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You mean the angle with the attack on Tony and stuff? I don't see any scenario were that story was going to be good. Heel Authority stories in wrestling haven't worked for 25 years. Why companies continue to try them out is beyond me.

On one hand you’re right evil authority storylines are played out but it wouldn’t be wrestling if a company didn’t try it at least once.

It could’ve worked but soon as they attacked him, TK was back on TV again, granted, the neck brace was a nice touch. Then the Elite takes over but TK appoints Christopher Daniels as basically the GM who overrules the Elite so that’s kind of confusing too especially when TK also has the powers to make matches as well, so you have 3 entities going around making on-screen decisions for AEW. Then they ran through the Elite/Team AEW storyline so fast with blood and guts so there’s no meat left on that bone. It’s just so many plot holes, not saying it would’ve led to AEW’s comeback or anything but damn it’s like they didn’t even try to make it make sense.

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
On one hand you’re right evil authority storylines are played out but it wouldn’t be wrestling if a company didn’t try it at least once.

It could’ve worked but soon as they attacked him, TK was back on TV again, granted, the neck brace was a nice touch. Then the Elite takes over but TK appoints Christopher Daniels as basically the GM who overrules the Elite so that’s kind of confusing too especially when TK also has the powers to make matches as well, so you have 3 entities going around making on-screen decisions for AEW. Then they ran through the Elite/Team AEW storyline so fast with blood and guts so there’s no meat left on that bone. It’s just so plot holes, not saying it would’ve let to AEW’s comeback or anything but damn it’s like they didn’t even try to make it make sense.
The story died the moment Tony was shown back on television

Even so how much power does an EVP have over the owner & what are they fighting for this whole story was a cheap way in getting Jack Perry over

The story started with an blowoff match than leaded into a heatless Blood & Guts now nothing before or after tells me AEW was in any danger of being under seized by The Elite

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It could’ve worked but soon as they attacked him, TK was back on TV again, granted, the neck brace was a nice touch. Then the Elite takes over but TK appoints Christopher Daniels as basically the GM who overrules the Elite so that’s kind of confusing too especially when TK also has the powers to make matches as well, so you have 3 entities going around making on-screen decisions for AEW. Then they ran through the Elite/Team AEW storyline so fast with blood and guts so there’s no meat left on that bone. It’s just so plot holes, not saying it would’ve let to AEW’s comeback or anything but damn it’s like they didn’t even try to make it make sense.
The story died the moment Tony was shown back on television

Even so how much power does an EVP have over the owner & what are they fighting for this whole story was a cheap way in getting Jack Perry over

The story started with an blowoff match than leaded into a heatless Blood & Guts now nothing before or after tells me AEW was in any danger of being under seized by The Elite
I mean, yes, the angle has been horribly booked. But from my perspective, the angle was going to be bad and not worth the TV time anyways.

Heel Authorities are not good TV, haven't been for 2 decades and even worse, nowadays the only "heat" they get is alienating your own audience and making them get mad at the promotion for booking that shyt instead of the wrestlers that they should want to see get beat up.

Even if this Elite stuff was done better, we'd still have to endure horrible Young Bucks promos and them booking dumb shyt on TV so they can show they are the guys in charge. No one wants to see that and no one would've had the patience to wait for a babyface group to put a stop to them, regardless if TK or Chris Daniels would've gotten involved or not in the story.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't like a single player involved in The Elite storyline but they legit didn't even attempt to make that work :russ:
At no point did they really feel like they had any actual power so you were having matches with literally no stakes at all. "Team AEW" like why is there a team AEW? There's no real hostile takeover like there was with nWo. Tony was back in weeks and was in charge so why the hell would anyone else care?
Jungle Jack Perry's booking as a heel is :dead:
170 lb twerp being booked as a badass like what????? :laff:
Gets set on fire in a match and comes back to get the pin for his team. They have the blood n guts match, he's cuffed to the cage, gets hit with a flush chair shot to the head, beat with a kendo stick, gets "gas" poured on him, is threatened to be set on fire and refuses to quit it has to be one of the bucks quitting to protect Jungle Jack from himself. Why are they booking this busta like he's prime Cena? :why:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like collision bounced back from the olympics/summerslam preshow episode. Did 370k. Could be higher but its a week by week progress. It was a great episode too. Hopefully they continue the momentum with that type of booking, more AEW stars and less indie unknowns. Get people like Hologram that are mainstays on there and keep relying on them to build the show back up. Hopefully TK gives us a good show this week and they can be over 400k if not 380k.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
At this point its kind of insane he won’t just release Miro.

I don’t think he would go to the WWE and do much at this point so why pay this mf millions per year who’s wrestled like 5-10 times the past two years :dead: