The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Globe Life is right next to Cowboys Stadium and not far from where they taping Collision this summer. Its also 20 minutes from American Airlines Center where Mavs and Stars play in downtown Dallas. Arlington right between Dallas and Fort Worth and the DFW area I think one of the top 5 most populated areas in the country, if not top ten. So def would be a decent travel destination compared to other smaller cities. Don't know much about it since I only been to their airport on layovers but I'm sure they got enough entertainment for a long weekend trip.

Far as the stadium is concerned, depends on the setup they use. They could easily shoot for 20k to start and open more seats up as time goes on. Long as they make the prices affordable and get some hot momentum going until then.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I went to the first one because my law firm has a box at Wembley, but for this year anyone who works in the NHS can apply for two free tickets and can give them to anyone they want to. I’m just saying :manny:

I saw that story. People will "run with it" as you'd expect but it's not going to amount to 30,000 extra seats. Whatever they end up getting, they've already legit sold 45,000 so the live gate numbers will be a "win" for AEW if you are tracking that.

My question is whether they do Wembley again next year or do someplace different. TK shouldn't be oversaturating these places... He hiked up prices for "Grand Slam" and now by year 3.. everyone is like "I'm good!"

He needs to stop these "traditions"

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I went to the first one because my law firm has a box at Wembley, but for this year anyone who works in the NHS can apply for two free tickets and can give them to anyone they want to. I’m just saying :manny:

WrestleTix mentioned that a few weeks ago and said the allocation had all been used up - did they do another? They were all top bowl tickets AFAIK.

Gf works in the NHS and we just missed the announcement otherwise we would've got some of her workmates involved.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I saw that story. People will "run with it" as you'd expect but it's not going to amount to 30,000 extra seats. Whatever they end up getting, they've already legit sold 45,000 so the live gate numbers will be a "win" for AEW if you are tracking that.

My question is whether they do Wembley again next year or do someplace different. TK shouldn't be oversaturating these places... He hiked up prices for "Grand Slam" and now by year 3.. everyone is like "I'm good!"

He needs to stop these "traditions"

London CAN be a proper tradition if they just lowered ticket prices by about 25% - £400 for two half-decent tickets means most of that crowd is going to have to be committed wrestling fans. The people paying £1k+ for ringside are rich and/or wrestling-obsessed nutjobs.

The energy around wrestling for the Bank Holiday weekend this year is great - there are more shows popping up around it than last year (Eve Vs TJPW, RevPro, Riot Cabaret, Progress over the weekend and Dynamite/Collision before) - it'd be really sad for this to build into nothing.

Put them at prices where it makes sense for parents to take both their kids for a day they'll never forget - if a family night out in London costs the same as a decent family vacation to Spain and that's before any travel/accommodation is added if they're not Londoners... they're going to pick Spain.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Supposedly, those tickets are already counted and amounted to a 2-3k spike in sales. They were "stuck" at 40-41k for a long time and then they were up to 44k in less than a week.

I saw that story. People will "run with it" as you'd expect but it's not going to amount to 30,000 extra seats.

I don't think they can even do that if there was demand for it. There's a Taylor Swift concert that will have a specific set up that AEW can't really touch and that set up is significantly smaller than last year's All In. They were lucky tbh because there was no way in hell they were gonna get 70-80k people again.

Why in God's green earth would you make another stinks thread? We finally had everyone in one thread :snoop:
This is not a new stinks thread :manny: but I've said before, if people don't want another thread then close this one and that's that. Seems like folk do want to discuss shyt without going into stinks gimmick though :yeshrug:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
So is this gonna try to be the positive AEW thread? There’s already a negative one and a chaotic mix one. :heh:
There's already an AEW news thread and it constantly gets hijacked by the WWE stans/stooges, this one will probably be no different.

Finn Baller already rubbing his/her follow the leader having ass hands like birdman waiting ro post ratings.