The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'll be pissed if they move All In from my city, I'm not gonna front :sadbron:

Cattle said it right up there - do it in the Aussie summer, 6 months apart from All In and make them the two major blowoffs of the year's programme.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Cattle said it right up there - do it in the Aussie summer, 6 months apart from All In and make them the two major blowoffs of the year's programme.

You don't think they run the risk of "killing the territory" if they run another 'ALL IN' at Wembley next year? Just asking cause you are there, you'd know better than any of us....

br82186

Superstar
Daps
No surprise here if true, but WWE put out feelers to Tommy Billington the day after his Collision match against Dax Harwood.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They must have had some interaction in this. I haven't seen the full match though

They did.

If Danielson wasn't such a stan of Blue Panther, that tríos match could've easily been used as build to a "Máscara contra Cabellera" apuestas match between Místico and Dragon.

Still, I loved the match he had with Panther so I ain't complaining. Danielson can always go back eventually and lose his hair against Místico in another date.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What's in February? Revolution right? That's prolly best bet. Think next one it's Dynasty in April. We'll see how it goes. Of course they gotta get thru now first.

Speaking of now, couple of issues I seen people mention on twitter this week. One was saying how there wasn't much advertising for Dynamite. They said they saw a pic of some indie fed in Virginia, one that had Paul London on it but weren't seeing anything for AEW. Not the how it works for weekly tv vs the ppv but they should look into more local promotion where they visit.

Another person was complaining about the lack of merch opportunities. One had mentioned penta masks but not sure if that's possible cuz I think he sells them himself. They had released some MJF USA flag, one with his face as the stars, so they were saying how they should have better merch overall for all the different wrestlers. People were saying how they do things thru prowrestlingtees so that's prolly holding them back.

Going back for a moment. The AEW main page tweeted about tickets on sale for Dynamite on 6/20. They then mentioned Norfolk again about a week ago. The live events page did tweet a few times in between that but it's a 135k to 1 million follower difference. They should get more active on the main page far as advertising these shows. Not sure if they do radio promo or not. But most or all the fans are on twitter or online anyways to have that be a better source of marketing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

They can always just do a show in O2 arena though. The issue with stadium shows is that is very hard to get that many people to spend on ticket when you are so clearly the inferior product to the competition (WWE) in the eyes of almost every fan. Once the novelty of the first shows wears off, it really doesn't make sense to keep doing a gigantic show in Wembley every year.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You don't think they run the risk of "killing the territory" if they run another 'ALL IN' at Wembley next year? Just asking cause you are there, you'd know better than any of us....

I dont think they have that big an audience to do multiple stadium shows a year. But I think they can do enough and galvanize their fans to travel. That all said, AEW was star heavy and they're missing a lot of people this year from even last year's ALL IN and UK wrestling fans wanna watch all and WWE probably max them out a bit.

Otherwise though, I dont believe in killing the territory a smaller regular arena show for AEW going forward. Them getting softer returns going back to some places has to do with something else cause thats never been an issue historically with other promotions who literally have their hotbeds.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They can always just do a show in O2 arena though. The issue with stadium shows is that is very hard to get that many people to spend on ticket when you are so clearly the inferior product to the competition (WWE) in the eyes of almost every fan. Once the novelty of the first shows wears off, it really doesn't make sense to keep doing a gigantic show in Wembley every year.

and I have no idea how popular they are in Australia compared to UK and Canada so even doing a stadium show there surprises me

I think Tony wants to make a massive splash first time out in a new market but its risky in terms of going back the second and third times

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Thing with AEW is that they need to do the biggest stadiums in the world and fill each one to fill haircut getting bigger and bigger in order to be successful. Any other way is seen as a failure. I mean look at Grand Slam. The list the attendance numbers get, the louder the critics get. Same for All Out or even All In. There's a cricket stadium in India that looks to be the biggest at 132k and that's gonna have to be filled to capacity cuz even 1 empty seat gonna trigger something. Be like oh stadium holds 132k and they sold 131,999 RIP AEW :francis:

But on a serious note, yeah I do like the idea of doing O2. Maybe even just for a dynamite/rampage if they decide to do a ppv elsewhere.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I dont think they have that big an audience to do multiple stadium shows a year. But I think they can do enough and galvanize their fans to travel. That all said, AEW was star heavy and they're missing a lot of people this year from even last year's ALL IN and UK wrestling fans wanna watch all and WWE probably max them out a bit.

Otherwise though, I dont believe in killing the territory a smaller regular arena show for AEW going forward. Them getting softer returns going back to some places has to do with something else cause thats never been an issue historically with other promotions who literally have their hotbeds.

They can still do the O2 arena every year or something like that but to me if they try to do Wembley for a 3rd year in a row they might be lucky to get 25K and that would look crazy on TV :scusthov:

It wouldn't be worth it. They'd be better off running 'Craven Cottage' or something at that point..

br82186

Superstar
Daps

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London

There's a lot to consider here honestly, so I'ma consider.

#1 thing All In Wembley has going for it has always been that the UK had never had a major wrestling event to call its own. That's what sold it out last year really - we enjoyed the card, but we sold that bytch out with barely a match announced.

I low-key dislike Wembley as a venue generally but it's also by far the biggest and best connected stadium in the country, arguably the continent given how close it is to Heathrow Airport. People in the UK are used to travelling to London for shyt - they might bytch and moan about it, but you'll find it easier to sell out Wembley than Cardiff because way fewer people want to spend the weekend in fukking Cardiff.

Now that we do have a major event and because they picked August Bank Holiday when we all have Monday off work, we're starting to see something like a "Wrestlemania Weekend" popping up around it with pretty much all the London promotions running shows (and selling good tickets too) between Friday and Monday.

AEW's heat will definitely come and go but how do you predict that when you decide the venue nearly a year out from something like this. Most people said they should've done O2 or Wembley Arena last year but they sold out the Stadium... when everyone was walking out they announced booking for 2024... with Mercedes in the stands in a boot it got a BIG pop and tbh it seemed like big shyt. Through all the bs that followed they cooled off this year and they've still pulled 45k in... build on this year's improvements and there's no reason it can't go up again.

I say lean into the genuine feeling of excitement around the weekend as a whole... make it a British festival of wrestling that you come for the weekend to like Mania. It'll gather steam over time and the stadium will fill up more reliably each year.

The O2 isn't big enough, it's a great venue for a Dynamite or a Raw but it's not a "major" PPV venue. For me the only real alternatives to Wembley would be the football stadiums - Arsenal's Emirates and Tottenham's new stadium are both great modern venues. Craven Cottage isn't really up to it if we're honest even though it'd be romantic.

But if you ran a non-wembley football stadium you'd have to do it earlier as the Premier League kicks off before the end of August. You'd have to lose the Bank Holiday bonus day off which is serving as an extra day for indies to run shows this year (Progress).

Tl;Dr keep it at Wembley at least for the next couple of years so the weekend has a chance to grow organically.

Last edited: