The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They need to get some card announced tbh - I guess they're hoping the Japanese fans will want to treat it like a two night Wrestlemania, but you know both nights of WM are going to have big matches.

Maybe it takes shape after ZSJ's title shot at KOPW - if they announced Zak Vs Bryan champ v champ it could heat up real quick, but I can't see many people travelling for it at the moment. :francis:
Japanese fans don't treat the closest thing they have to a WM (Wrestle Kingdom) like a Wrestlemania. Asking them to somehow buy into a promotion they know next to nothing about is a very hard task. Okada and Kenny are the only people that can move some real tickets. A gaijin vs gaijin title vs title match is not the best idea either. It's not like Danielson moves a lot of tickets in Japan either, though he is at least a recognizable name. And if we go by his word, by January he should be recovering from neck surgery.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Well a quick search shows that Raj does not, he must have an ax to grind with TK but I saw this on Yahoo! News so at least someone isn't playing agendas :mjlol:

"For WWE, it marks yet another rise in attendance for the popular event. Last year, WWE claimed an attendance of 59,194 for 2023’s SummerSlam, which was held at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. However, the actual paid attendance for the show was 51,477, leading many to dispute the claim of 59,000 that was reported."

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Does Raj post the "turnstile count" for any other shows or just 'ALL IN' every year? :russ:

I need to see all the turnstile counts :pachaha:
"It's not 53k sold it's 46k turnstiles! :damn:" it's such a weirdo take. There's comps and people that try to make a buck by buying tickets first and then reselling them in the secondary market, it's pretty clear for All In shows had a bunch of folk that couldn't get their investment back :heh:. Regardless, AEW made their money and it's a 45k+ in attendance, that's impressive as hell for a cold promotion.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Does Raj post the "turnstile count" for any other shows or just 'ALL IN' every year? :russ:

I need to see all the turnstile counts :pachaha:
The stooges will believe Raj and some rando WWE fan account but other accounts but god forbid someone t but was on the other page saying its wild to believe WON or SRS which they do run actually outlets :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well a quick search shows that Raj does not, he must have an ax to grind with TK but I saw this on Yahoo! News so at least someone isn't playing agendas :mjlol:

"For WWE, it marks yet another rise in attendance for the popular event. Last year, WWE claimed an attendance of 59,194 for 2023’s SummerSlam, which was held at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. However, the actual paid attendance for the show was 51,477, leading many to dispute the claim of 59,000 that was reported."
WWE has been inflating attendance numbers forever. It's always been weird to me because their tickets sold is always a huge number anyways but Vince obsession with "breaking records" is what has forced them to inflate already great numbers.

I think the last two Manias real numbers were record breaking anyways and they still inflated them :russ: I know that at least for WM 39 they did it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
"It's not 53k sold it's 46k turnstiles! :damn:" it's such a weirdo take. There's comps and people that try to make a buck by buying tickets first and then reselling them in the secondary market, it's pretty clear for All In shows had a bunch of folk that couldn't get their investment back :heh:. Regardless, AEW made their money and it's a 45k+ in attendance, that's impressive as hell for a cold promotion.

It is an interesting take..... if you sold however many tickets... it doesn't really matter how many people walk through the door you are still receiving the money for how many were sold.

A lot of these people are mad at TK for whatever reason, I think because TK gets down in the dirt and argues with them online whereas Triple H would never stoop low enough to argue with these dudes lol

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE has been inflating attendance numbers forever. It's always been weird to me because their tickets sold is always a huge number anyways but Vince obsession with "breaking records" is what has forced them to inflate already great numbers.

I think the last two Manias real numbers were record breaking anyways and they still inflated them :russ: I know that at least for WM 39 they did it.
They inflate attendance numbers like we did when I was working in college athletics.

You bring a dog to the game? That’s two people because that’s four legs and one person has two legs.

You pregnant? Well that’s a two-for-one special, fetuses can hear in the womb!

You walk by the field on the way to the cafeteria? Counted.

You drive by while a game happens to be playing? That’s four people because there could be four people in that car who glanced at the game.