The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think 'Dynamite' was better in 2019-21 than it is right now currently but I do think 'Dynamite' was better back then compared to the bulk of 2023 where ratings/attendance really started to fall off...

Stories like The Inner Circle faction and Hangman falling out with The Elite made for compelling television..

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This tweet below is a perfect summation of why for a while I stopped watching Dynamite in the early years and why I find it to be a worse product back then than now despite the ratings and ticket sales being worse.

Go ahead and cook, but getting mad about Dynamite main events from 2020 is a waste of time. The Rona caused a lot of shytty shows across the board to be churned out.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Not seeing much yet for Wednesday other than the women's match and trios one. Figure we get a Perry/BD promo as well a a Shida/Mercedes one. Not sure about MJF & Garcia but I wouldn't be surprised if they interact if not Wednesday then Friday.

Guessing they can prolly split the matches between Dynamite and Collision as far as promos go. Tho I think all have already had some sort of build up, granted ones like Willow vs Stat and Page vs Swerve moreso than others. But nothing looks to be on the fly, even Shida been built up and involved with the women's division heavily last month or so.

Let's see if they announce more stuff within next 24 hours.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everything with Ricky Starks is weird and mysterious since no one will say anything. We can speculate until the end of time what’s going on but if the people involved won’t say anything on the record then anyone’s guess is as useless as another’s.

At this point just let him go but if it was really that when he would have asked out of his contract on Twitter.
Mark Henry and the marketing comments :salute:

I think every AEW fan should read this. I feel like you should have producers and other people try to guide your vision too. You don't have to produce and book at the same time.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

For 6 months? yeah, I'd probably burn myself out after the 4th or 5th PPV :pachaha: having to reset and "start over" after my first run of putting ideas and people together would probably be my demise.

In all honesty though, I'll never understand the stubbornness of keeping the book for such a long time. TK is a wrestling nerd that knows about its history, so he's very well aware that every booker has a certain amount of time were they have big and new ideas and that eventually they run out of material and shyt starts going sideways. Give 1 guy a 6-12 month run then TK returns with fresh ideas and a base to build on after the other person finished and then you have for a 6-12 months.

Same thing will happen to Triple H btw, probably by mid 2026 (and it might be sooner depending on his post WM 41 plans). It already happened to him in NXT.

It's almost impossible for a booker to have longer run than 3 years of succesful ideas. And if they go longer than that, they will hit a wall and take a good number of years before they hit jackpot again.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Not like TK has all the ideas. I know RJ was vital for the Toni and Mariah story and I'm sure others are for other stuff as well. I know Mercedes works with Jennifer Pepperman and I think Jen helps others as well. Def gotta delegate when it comes to things like that. Even Triple H does it. Of course the final say is mostly on him and Tony but having a team of people pitching ideas so you won't have to worry about certain talent is a blessing.

Let the veterans get their creative minds running and pitch their own stories while having the non wrestling employees or retired guys helping with the young or newer talent. Whatever helps ease the workload on one person.

Main issue is on the talent themselves to get the storyline working. You can give them a good story but if they not performing to best of their abilities it won't work. Not everything gonna stick either.