The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Not like TK has all the ideas. I know RJ was vital for the Toni and Mariah story and I'm sure others are for other stuff as well. I know Mercedes works with Jennifer Pepperman and I think Jen helps others as well. Def gotta delegate when it comes to things like that. Even Triple H does it. Of course the final say is mostly on him and Tony but having a team of people pitching ideas so you won't have to worry about certain talent is a blessing.

Let the veterans get their creative minds running and pitch their own stories while having the non wrestling employees or retired guys helping with the young or newer talent. Whatever helps ease the workload on one person.

Main issue is on the talent themselves to get the storyline working. You can give them a good story but if they not performing to best of their abilities it won't work. Not everything gonna stick either.
AEW has a creative team. Actually probably more like too many cooks in the kitchen because SRS says they have over 20 people that contribute to creative.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

I hope Darby says no. Ishimori stopped being compelling to watch 15 years ago :francis:

I just looked and this motherfukker older than me. These NJPW guys must be old as hell without me realizing it. I didn't think he was that old. Guess since I'm not as familiar with NJPW roster history I just didn't think he was a vet. At least compared to guys like Suzuki, Ishii, Tanahashi, and a few of the old guys that have appeared on AEW. Can't remember their names but I know there's the black haired guy and the blonde guy who both were on AEW at one point for a match.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I just looked and this motherfukker older than me. These NJPW guys must be old as hell without me realizing it. I didn't think he was that old. Guess since I'm not as familiar with NJPW roster history I just didn't think he was a vet. At least compared to guys like Suzuki, Ishii, Tanahashi, and a few of the old guys that have appeared on AEW. Can't remember their names but I know there's the black haired guy and the blonde guy who both were on AEW at one point for a match.
Ishimori spent most of his career in NOAH. He's relatively "new" to NJPW as he arrived in 2018 (when already the Jr. division had passed him by :heh:).

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
the-simpsons-throw.gif

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
'Wrestle Dynasty' might be a hard sell... the NJPW roster ain't looking good

They need to get some card announced tbh - I guess they're hoping the Japanese fans will want to treat it like a two night Wrestlemania, but you know both nights of WM are going to have big matches.

Maybe it takes shape after ZSJ's title shot at KOPW - if they announced Zak Vs Bryan champ v champ it could heat up real quick, but I can't see many people travelling for it at the moment. :francis:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
AEW and CMLL going to have to carry the load for it like they did with Forbidden Door this year until New Japan get their shyt together with leveling up the young guys. Though admittedly they made some progress in that regard with the G1.