The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I would be fine if TSC was just live threads and nothing else, the dirtsheets are wrong more than they are right at this point :pachaha:

I can never find the energy to reply to most of the dirtsheet talk but reading some of these mfs ripping each other to shreds over the Internet rumour mill does make a day at work go slightly quicker. :yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
We won't know what is going on until either Ricky comes back to AEW or shows up at WWE or wherever else. Same way we won't know how successful he may be at whatever company he wrestles for whenever he returns to the ring. We can only accept what they give us now & just hope he's able to return to competing at some point soon.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Tony's obfuscation about what is happening with Starks is the biggest issue. Anytime he comes up he goes on about how much he likes him and how talented he is. Which if you think that why isn't he on TV?

Should have just said, "Stark is a great talent and we're currently involved in contract negotiations. I can't/won't say anymore than that." Then kept it moving. Instead he's going full coked up carny and giving statements twice as long for no reason.

On top of that people wouldn't be as on Tonys head about this shyt if he didn't pretend the E in AEW stood for Ethical. All those statements about what they weren't going to do and how different they would do business, only to look like a hypocrite.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Do wrestling owners ever say "we are in contract negotiations" concerning talent? I can't remember a time when that's happened, not saying it hasn't..

Usually they either announce they've signed someone or announce that someone is no longer with the company.

I still think it's odd to go at Tony Khan about it when nobody knows what's actually going on... if we knew Tony just had "nothing" for Starks to do then that would be ridiculous.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Everything with Ricky Starks is weird and mysterious since no one will say anything. We can speculate until the end of time what’s going on but if the people involved won’t say anything on the record then anyone’s guess is as useless as another’s.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just came across the Garcia vid on Twitter. shyt had me cracking up. Especially buddy from Private Party in the back.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This something I don't understand. This is the NXT show in St Louis that is going against Title Tuesday.

Not even half the tickets distributed but their setup is for 7k. Little over a month away. Even if they don't sell out, better to have the seats open early in case of anything. Thats what AEW should be doing. Setup the arena for as much as possible and then if not enough tickets sell, give people the opportunity to move down to fill the seats that come out on tv. No reason why they can't open the bottom half of arenas like in this example.

Like look at this one. They can't open the bottom half for sale as well?

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
This something I don't understand. This is the NXT show in St Louis that is going against Title Tuesday.

Not even half the tickets distributed but their setup is for 7k. Little over a month away. Even if they don't sell out, better to have the seats open early in case of anything. Thats what AEW should be doing. Setup the arena for as much as possible and then if not enough tickets sell, give people the opportunity to move down to fill the seats that come out on tv. No reason why they can't open the bottom half of arenas like in this example.

Like look at this one. They can't open the bottom half for sale as well?

The interest for AEW is low:manny:

They need to have consistent weekly television to get back to where they were

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The interest for AEW is low:manny:

They need to have consistent weekly television to get back to where they were

that dont matter tho. just having the seats available is better than having to add more last minute. even if they only get 2k out of 8k tickets sold, they can just have as many people sitting facing the camera side as possible to make it look good on tv. but not having enough seats for sale just seems unacceptable.

for example i was seeing on twitter recently someone had gone to a white sox game. it was an afternoon game and they said there was like 40 people there, way lower than aew lol. but its not like the team said of we only selling tickets in one section, they had the whole stadium open. yet aew wants to do like one or two sections only or some ridiculously small setup. get as much seats open as they can and offer decent prices. small stuff like that can help. not like the arena charges them depending on how many seats they use. they could prolly pay a base fee and use as many seats as they want.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
that dont matter tho. just having the seats available is better than having to add more last minute. even if they only get 2k out of 8k tickets sold, they can just have as many people sitting facing the camera side as possible to make it look good on tv. but not having enough seats for sale just seems unacceptable.

for example i was seeing on twitter recently someone had gone to a white sox game. it was an afternoon game and they said there was like 40 people there, way lower than aew lol. but its not like the team said of we only selling tickets in one section, they had the whole stadium open. yet aew wants to do like one or two sections only or some ridiculously small setup. get as much seats open as they can and offer decent prices. small stuff like that can help. not like the arena charges them depending on how many seats they use. they could prolly pay a base fee and use as many seats as they want.
They can have the entire building opened but you’re still going to have people criticizing them on the lack of attendance

What they need to do is run shows at smaller venues like that esports arena then when interest picks up then they can go bigger

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I gave up a while back on trying to understand any aspect of AEW’s live events strategy. None of the shyt makes any damn sense to me.

I had hoped getting that COO and the live events guy from that pro bull riding company would lead to some changes, but it’s just the same old shyt. Either they are just as stupid or their hands are being tied by TK.

TK is going to do what he wants to rather it makes any sense or not and if that’s how he wants to run his company then so be it

They are lucky that the TV wrestling business model has shifted from being driven by ticket sales to content

Last edited: