The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wish AEW would make their own hybrid type of development system taking advantage of the veterans they have like they are doing right now with Dustin and these guys.

Like alright you want to come here? Well here's like 4-5 people you're taking under your wing to mentor and develop. Doesn't even have to necessarily be in a role where they are involved on-screen.

Like say when Copeland came in. Here's 4-5 mentees for you. Every time you are at a taping these guys have to be there unless they have a conflict. You're going to review and analyze their matches and other matches with them. You're going to help them with their creative/writing process on their promos. You're going to help them develop or flesh out their character. You're going to help them with their diet and work out regimen.
That's the one thing about not having house shows that hurts AEW tremendously. Riding in the car with a savvy veteran and working with him for 3-8 months was the best teaching experience a younger wrestler could get.

I'm not even sure current WWE has that system anymore either, with house shows being reduced and less car travel. But with the PC they still have more formal instances to have teaching moments.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like Rampage had a 5k drop. Guess Mina and The Outrunners didn't draw in lot more viewers. Of course its no help to TK and the company for not advertising the show except for random posts on Twitter the day before or the day of.

I'm gonna have to suggest it to TK or AEW or whichever one I come across. They film Rampage right after Dynamite usually. So not like TK just throws the card together starting right after Dynamite ends. Odds are they know what they have planned for Rampage before Dynamite even starts. It wouldn't kill them to have that matches graphics up right as Dynamite ends ready to be tweeted. Hell, I don't know whats stopping them from showing it on the tv screen at the end of the show or before the last commercial break or somewhere after 9:45pm. Be like dont miss rampage this friday and then show that graphic. Sounds like such a simple idea to market the product. But of course I dont know what they thinking when it comes to marketing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Good for Swerve. Get paid.

200.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It's funny how looking back and re watching most of those 1 hour matches, they were mostly about Danielson just doing shyt to do them (he had like 4 more besides the two Cabana mentions) and figuring little things during them. Like half of them (or more) don't hold up as legit great matches but they are still really good and all of them have sections of him finding stuff he'll later use during his reign, or even figure out 3-8-18 years later how to do better and how to integrate them in a more complete way in match.

I think the most impressive thing about the match wasn't even that he kept wrestling for 45 more minutes with Cabana, but that 2 weeks later he has a legit classic against KENTA were he gets kicked in the same arm he injured in Chicago. A fukking maniac :bryan:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That's the one thing about not having house shows that hurts AEW tremendously. Riding in the car with a savvy veteran and working with him for 3-8 months was the best teaching experience a younger wrestler could get.

I'm not even sure current WWE has that system anymore either, with house shows being reduced and less car travel. But with the PC they still have more formal instances to have teaching moments.
Since nearly every WWE talent ends up having to move down to Orlando to work in the PC/NXT, a lot of them stay down there even after they get called up. So there's always that resource easily accessible for them.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

:dead: I don’t remember a single thing from dudes run

He's not wrong. I've said it before, AEW isn't the place to go for young wrestlers unless they want to put in a bunch of work on the indies because there just isn't going to be the ring time that they need.

But Brock is also a guy that has never really committed to wrestling full-time rather that was with or after AEW. Ge got released in October of last year, he's done a total of 12 matches in 11 months since then. When he was with AEW for like 2.5 years, he worked a grand total of 14 indie dates.

Sure you can say AEW should have a system in place where they don't have to do that, and I agree. But at the same time, if you're a young talent you can't just keep on sitting on your ass waiting around for AEW to do that if they ever do it. With as many indies there are in the US, no excuse not to be working somewhere every weekend.

If you can't demonstrate the desire to want to put in the work to get better, then why should AEW commit any resources to you if you aren't a can't-miss prospect?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I agree. AEW works with the indies even. But usually its the top stars getting featured on Dynamite, or even less tiered on Collision or Rampage. But even if not being booked on those shows or roh, they still let people do indie shows. If not injured, and they dont have the spot for someone, might as well grind it out on indie circuit for time being. Especially as a young talent cuz when you get older you won't have those abilities.

The low number of matches does hurt him. I know him as Arn son but nothing memorable comes to mind or even of just remembering he was in one match, I think on rampage tho don't even remember opponent. Hopefully he can take it seriously but outs in him and nobody else.