The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Some people now trying to say 53K isn't good enough for 'All In' but the same people thought 54k for 'SummerSlam' was a great number... (with CM Punk's first match back and Roman returning) :leon:

Funny takes I been seeing... :russ:

Half of the Internet is essentially just people trying with all the strength they can muster to justify starving themselves of joy.

"Oh that artist changed your life? Well I haven't even heard of them, how about THAT" :sas1::mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Half of the Internet is essentially just people trying with all the strength they can muster to justify starving themselves of joy.

"Oh that artist changed your life? Well I haven't even heard of them, how about THAT" :sas1::mjcry:

Yeah it's crazy. Glad you had a good time. I just read your post about last night :myman:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

i saw that thread and commented. one thing i noted is the complaint about expanding from just the original 4 ppvs. i find that ridiculous cuz all the ppv have been pretty decent so far. the highlight of the company. imagine if WWE just stayed with their original 4 and never expanded to In Your House or anything else after. Also the case about more hours of programming. look at all the talent they are able to employ cuz of that. more tv hours means more hours for wrestlers to be on tv and earning a check. same with the complaint about growing the number of staff. the fact that they are able to employ so many people is a good thing for the business. companies are meant to grow when possible. these indie feds would bite at the opportunity to grow their business if given the opportunity, cuz its about trying to make money and expand.

WWE isn't the same company it was when it first started. complaining about AEW trying to grow is pointless.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Some people now trying to say 53K isn't good enough for 'All In' but the same people thought 54k for 'SummerSlam' was a great number... (with CM Punk's first match back and Roman returning) :leon:

funniest ones i seen have been Ricochet debut and BD saying that this moment was the biggest in his career when it should've been WM 30, especially since Connor was there. since he should've appreciated that more than his own children.

I even saw one guy list all of Claudio stuff like becoming ROH champion, CMLL grand prix winner, trios champ, etc.. and one guy said that wasn't a flex. then another guy replied that all those things could be countered with his WWE stuff such as wrestling Cena, Roman, and Rollins. I said sarcastically, oh wow i didnt know he had that type of flex. Guy called me ignorant for not recognizing the greatness of those 3 and I said maybe he the one thats ignorant for bringing up accomplishments in another company cuz you don't like the company that was listed.

imagine a player getting interviewed after a champion and the reporter says, your championship win with the other team was better. :stopitslime: be like thats not even the topic of discussion so why bring up old stuff?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
funniest ones i seen have been Ricochet debut and BD saying that this moment was the biggest in his career when it should've been WM 30, especially since Connor was there. since he should've appreciated that more than his own children.

I even saw one guy list all of Claudio stuff like becoming ROH champion, CMLL grand prix winner, trios champ, etc.. and one guy said that wasn't a flex. then another guy replied that all those things could be countered with his WWE stuff such as wrestling Cena, Roman, and Rollins. I said sarcastically, oh wow i didnt know he had that type of flex. Guy called me ignorant for not recognizing the greatness of those 3 and I said maybe he the one thats ignorant for bringing up accomplishments in another company cuz you don't like the company that was listed.

imagine a player getting interviewed after a champion and the reporter says, your championship win with the other team was better. :stopitslime: be like thats not even the topic of discussion so why bring up old stuff?

Breh the way they played this with Bryan was perfect.... So many people thought he was retiring. All the interviews he did with outlets like Sports Illustrated and bringing the family in and having Brie do interviews.. having her there.

The whole thing was done very well and then he gets his big moment in a classic match vs. Swerve. Both entrances were classic too.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Breh the way they played this with Bryan was perfect.... So many people thought he was retiring. All the interviews he did with outlets like Sports Illustrated and bringing the family in and having Brie do interviews.. having her there.

The whole thing was done very well and then he gets his big moment in a classic match vs. Swerve. Both entrances were classic too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Tarps all over that god damn stadium they were in for Summerslam too but they don't want to talk about that :sas2:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Need more vets like him. Hopefully he can keep helping ROH and young talent in general.

I wish AEW would make their own hybrid type of development system taking advantage of the veterans they have like they are doing right now with Dustin and these guys.

Like alright you want to come here? Well here's like 4-5 people you're taking under your wing to mentor and develop. Doesn't even have to necessarily be in a role where they are involved on-screen.

Like say when Copeland came in. Here's 4-5 mentees for you. Every time you are at a taping these guys have to be there unless they have a conflict. You're going to review and analyze their matches and other matches with them. You're going to help them with their creative/writing process on their promos. You're going to help them develop or flesh out their character. You're going to help them with their diet and work out regimen.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Frankly some of that stuff they promised ended up being better as a broken promise.
  • The rankings were always very poorly executed.
  • The DMCA stuff is some BS> But some of that is being done by third parties and not AEW
  • The no-writers thing, well let's just say the creative for the women's division has been vastly improved and the best it's ever been with the hire of Pepperman
  • A true sports-based wrestling product doesn't work in America.
  • As far as quality over quantity, who the fukk is saying no to tens millions of more dollars when it's offered to you?