The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This might be my favorite spot ever in a match brehs

This crazy fukk all bloodied up yelling "I love you!" to his family while getting kicked. Then slapping the shyt out of Swerve and Birdie going :krs: :blessed:

This is pro wrestling @Blessed Koala :mjcry:

Imagine being the camera man getting told he's going to get paid to just sit there holding the camera on the Danielson family the whole match. On one hand, wow what an easy job, on the other hand he's there live in the building and gets to see a single second of one of the GOAT matches

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This might be my favorite spot ever in a match brehs

This crazy fukk all bloodied up yelling "I love you!" to his family while getting kicked. Then slapping the shyt out of Swerve and Birdie going :krs: :blessed:

This is pro wrestling @Blessed Koala :mjcry:

Bryne had the spirit of Kobashi in him breh :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I didn't notice they announced the date and venue for the Australia show, I thought they just announced it was a "Grand Slam" show :heh:

But gawd damn, a 50k stadium for a February show after a January Tokyo Dome show that's gonna struggle like a motherfukker to get 15k tickets sold (if they are lucky) is a wild, wild swing by Adderall Man :lupe:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I didn't notice they announced the date and venue for the Australia show, I thought they just announced it was a "Grand Slam" show :heh:

But gawd damn, a 50k stadium for a February show after a January Tokyo Dome show that's gonna struggle like a motherfukker to get 15k tickets sold (if they are lucky) is a wild, wild swing by Adderall Man :lupe:

NJPW is ice cold so I don't see the Tokyo show doing very well. Is it at the Dome? But Australia who knows.. they don't get many big wrestling events so maybe.

Thing is, there are analytics that go into these decisions. The people around TK told him Australia would be viable so we'll see... lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

But gawd damn, a 50k stadium for a February show after a January Tokyo Dome show that's gonna struggle like a motherfukker to get 20k tickets sold (if they are lucky) is a wild, wild swing by Adderall Man :lupe:

The Wrestle Dynasty show is a joint venture tho with NJPW. Think its the day after WK so I'm sure there'll be combo packages or something. First time AEW stars gonna be in Japan as well and Tokyo has nearly 40 million people in its metro area, largest city in the world. Nearly double that of NYC. So I feel like it may not be too difficult to get tickets sold especially for their first time out there. Maybe even the same for Australia. Brisbane a much smaller city but they may get fans from Sydney and Auckland which isn't too far away. First time AEW gonna be out in that region as well so who knows when they may get the opportunity again.

Also another thing of note, well actually you familiar with that already being down south, but thats summer for y'all. So weather gonna be nicer that time of the year. Actually doesn't look like it gets too cold in Australia anyways. But yeah hopefully they can get a good turn out. They gotta focus on the upcoming shows first tho. Keep building up the storylines and wrestlers and getting better at domestic sales for the big events, especially Grand Slam. They got a month to get those numbers improved.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also another thing of note, well actually you familiar with that already being down south, but thats summer for y'all. So weather gonna be nicer that time of the year. Actually doesn't look like it gets too cold in Australia anyways. But yeah hopefully they can get a good turn out. They gotta focus on the upcoming shows first tho. Keep building up the storylines and wrestlers and getting better at domestic sales for the big events, especially Grand Slam. They got a month to get those numbers improved.

I think that's why they took the name 'Grand Slam' because the Australian Open is usually in January and yeah the weather is nice

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
NJPW is ice cold so I don't see the Tokyo show doing very well. Is it at the Dome? But Australia who knows.. they don't get many big wrestling events so maybe.

Thing is, there are analytics that go into these decisions. The people around TK told him Australia would be viable so we'll see... lol

doesnt Wrestle Kingdom usually do well tho? Its like their mania so fans are more likely to hit that up. they can count on a big performance each time. i feel like they can prolly get over 20k for the tokyo dome especially with all the companies involved cuz its not just njpw but stardom and cmll as well.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
doesnt Wrestle Kingdom usually do well tho? Its like their mania so fans are more likely to hit that up. they can count on a big performance each time. i feel like they can prolly get over 20k for the tokyo dome especially with all the companies involved cuz its not just njpw but stardom and cmll as well.

Wrestle Kingdom/Tokyo Dome shows on Jan. 4th (they weren't always called 'Wrestle Kingdom') do well but it depends on the state of the company...

NJPW has been hurting since covid. Remember they were shut down even longer than us in the U.S. so they lost a lot of money and some questionable booking decisions didn't help matters.

I think if I'm remembering correctly the show did around 27K last year which is like an 'ok' number... not great. They were doing 40K+ and back in the day they had shows do close to 60K

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's not only a Tokyo Dome show, it's the day after Wrestle Kingdom so they are asking Japanese fans that currently barely give a single a fukk about New Japan to buy another ticket for a promotion they barely even know :dead:

I've said it a couple of times now but they better have Okada and Omega front and center of that show because that's the only way they get a number that's not embarrassing :dead:
The Wrestle Dynasty show is a joint venture tho with NJPW. Think its the day after WK so I'm sure there'll be combo packages or something. First time AEW stars gonna be in Japan as well and Tokyo has nearly 40 million people in its metro area, largest city in the world. Nearly double that of NYC. So I feel like it may not be too difficult to get tickets sold especially for their first time out there. Maybe even the same for Australia. Brisbane a much smaller city but they may get fans from Sydney and Auckland which isn't too far away. First time AEW gonna be out in that region as well so who knows when they may get the opportunity again.
Breh, New Japan can't get 20k paid in the Tokyo Dome for their 1/4 show that is a 3 decade tradition. Japanese business is in the complete toilet after the pandemic. NJPW was like an oasis of good business for close during the 2010s (with DDT and Dragon Gate having a couple of good runs during the decade) but that shyt crashed in 2020 and it has not been able to recover, for a number of different reasons.

The one thing AEW has in their advantage is that they have Okada and Omega, but even still, Okada hasn't been out for that long so who knows if he can indeed make a difference by returning so soon (less than a year). A back to back Dome show in Japan is a very hard sell because Japanese fans are very picky when it comes to wrestling shows.
50k stadium is a massive undertaking imo. If they get 25k paid it would surpass my expectations :ehh: