The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I see some sites are engagement farming after an interview Mercedes had today with a UK site. She said the difference between her experience in AEW so far and WWE is that she feels listened to and they are able to try to create stories whereas in WWE she never knew what she was doing until that day...

Sites are already running with it, marks are already fired up etc... It sounds fair to me if you look back on what creative had the women doing for most of her run. They had some big matches for the women but they were lacking on stores for the women.

That said, I haven't seen much in the way of stories for the women in AEW either until they ran with Toni Storm vs. Mariah May and that has been a very long term thing where a lot of thought was put into it...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So if Lashley and MVP are on their way in, does Powerhouse Hobbs come back from injury to rejoin them and form an AEW Hurt Business?

Could be a possibility but we don't know the status of Hobbs with DCF yet. Our even the faction as a whole. I know Takeshyta should be due back soon. Not sure if Rush an official member with them interacting. Thought Trent was but I think he injured. Don't know if Kyle turning face and going with Ospreay or what. And of course Hobbs still hurt. Does Callis try to recruit Lashley and MVP? Or does Hobbs go with them and the rest of the group disbands leaving DC with just Takeshyta? Maybe they might even do a DCF vs HS storyline.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Dante Martin just rolled up to the RevPro Anniversary show to compete in the six-man scramble match for the RevPro Cruiserweight Championship

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bryan Danielson: "I wasn’t their guy. They still had plans, like, ‘Okay, we really want to transition to Roman Reigns being the guy."​

“Even in WWE, when I won the World Championship at WrestleMania 30, I wasn’t their guy. They still had plans, like, ‘Okay, we really want to transition to Roman Reigns being the guy.’ Vince legitimately sat me down and told me that. It was really funny because the conversation was like, ‘Okay, so we have these great plans—this is like a week after I had won the title or whatever—and we’ve got these big plans. We’ll have a couple of title defenses for you between now and SummerSlam, but at SummerSlam, you’ll wrestle Brock Lesnar and he’ll destroy you. Then we’ll build up Brock Lesnar for Roman Reigns, and Roman will be the next John Cena.’

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That was the rumor for a while. They wanted Brock to destroy Bryan. But if memory serves, Bryan got injured during that garbage feud with Kane. So Brock Lesnar destroyed Cena instead which was 100x more effective, honestly. Everyone was SHOCKED that Cena got squashed.

Problem is Vince was terrible at booking babyfaces so by the time WrestleMania 31 came around, Roman Reigns was not nearly as over as he was in The Shield. So the old man got cold feet and did the Rollins surprise instead.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm not sure RevPro "signs", wrestlers honestly.

I agree for the most part, but there's no reason a few can't raise their profile over the next year.

Ogogo has been there more than AEW for the last couple of years, Alex Windsor now heads up a stable of women including Nina Samuels who people probably won't remember from NXT UK, but is a good hand and holds about 9 belts currently.

Michael Oku has already signed with AEW by the sounds of it.

They already run split PPVs with NJPW (Royal Quest) and CMLL (Fantastica Mania) - seems like there's really no reason for Forbidden Door not to cover all four companies since they're effectively joined up universes already. Fans just need an intro over the next however many months.

Well you all know the RevPro women's champion now - Mina just won it.

Hell of a night at the Copper Box tonight.