The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Pre-Show Four Way Tag match had Grado come out as guest ring announcer... mainly just an excuse for everyone to sing Like A Prayer.

Conor Mills Vs Ethan Allen - good match, Conor Mills is turning into a great heel. My girl can't deal with Ethan Allen because apparently hes named after a furniture store across the pond?! :pachaha:

Ricky Knight Jr Vs Zozaya. RKJ is the best prospect from the Knight Family IMO, but he came out with some weirdass Punisher (I think) inspired body paint with two masked partners who turned out to be Saraya and Zak Knight. Saraya got booed (fukk these heathens) and RKJ got "shyt Finn Balor, you're just a shyt Finn Balor" when everyone saw his paint :troll: Good match. We saw these two at York Hall a while back - if Zozaya doesn't break his neck before he gets famous he's going to be a big deal I think.

6 man scramble had Dante Martin as the mystery wrestler. Fun match, typical high flying fukkery. First time I've seen Dante live - impressed.

Ishii and JJ Gale beat the shyt out of each other. UK crowd LOVES Ishii :leon:

10 Woman Tag - Alex Windsors stable win after a pretty brutal match. Nightshade bled like a stuck pig for most of it.

Gabe Kidd and Dijak also beat the utter shyt out of each other. Surprised Gabe got the W, but not mad.

Sunshine Machine Vs GYV was good, but nothing really to note apart from new champs Sunshine Machine.

Mina Vs Dani Luna - crowd were so unhinged for Mina that I almost felt bad for Dani Luna. Fun match and a surprise title change - I guess Mina is coming back or we're going to see the belt defended on AEW? I wonder if she drops it to Alex Windsor on AEW TV...

ZSJ Vs Hechicero probably should have main evented even though it's a one off match with no build and no stakes. I don't think I've ever witnessed a reception like Zak got tonight. Absolutely thunderous - chants all through the match. They put on a SHOW. Seek this match out. It was absolute fire. :wow:

Oku Vs Jacobs was really good but the crowd were TIRED at the start. They won us back and it was rocking by the end... surprised the crowd mainly picked Jacobs since he's been a heel for a while. They did the belt justice definitely. Amira looked like an absolute snack as per usual.

Great show overall - we managed to sit between two sets of people who had actually showered and worn deodorant too. Smelled some RIPE ones queueing for the bar though :scust:

HYPED for tomorrow now. :feedme:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Pre-Show Four Way Tag match had Grado come out as guest ring announcer... mainly just an excuse for everyone to sing Like A Prayer.

Conor Mills Vs Ethan Allen - good match, Conor Mills is turning into a great heel. My girl can't deal with Ethan Allen because apparently hes named after a furniture store across the pond?! :pachaha:

Ricky Knight Jr Vs Zozaya. RKJ is the best prospect from the Knight Family IMO, but he came out with some weirdass Punisher (I think) inspired body paint with two masked partners who turned out to be Saraya and Zak Knight. Saraya got booed (fukk these heathens) and ROH got "shyt Finn Balor, you're just a shyt Finn Balor" when everyone saw his paint :troll: Good match. We saw these two at York Hall a while back - if Zozaya doesn't break his neck before he gets famous he's going to be a big deal I think.

6 man scramble had Dante Martin as the mystery wrestler. Fun match, typical high flying fukkery. First time I've seen Dante live - impressed.

10 Woman Tag - Alex Windsors stable win after a pretty brutal match. Nightshade bled like a stuck pig for most of it.

Gabe Kidd and Dijak also beat the utter shyt out of each other. Surprised Gabe got the W, but not mad.

Sunshine Machine Vs GYV was good, but nothing really to note apart from new champs Sunshine Machine.

Mina Vs Dani Luna - crowd were so unhinged for Mina that I almost felt bad for Dani Luna. Fun match and a surprise title change - I guess Mina is coming back or we're going to see the belt defended on AEW? I wonder if she drops it to Alex Windsor on AEW TV...

ZSJ Vs Hechicero probably should have main evented even though it's a one off match with no build and no stakes. I don't think I've ever witnessed a reception like Zak got tonight. Absolutely thunderous - chants all through the match. They put on a SHOW. Seek this match out. It was absolute fire. :wow:

Oku Vs Jacobs was really good but the crowd were TIRED at the start. They won us back and it was rocking by the end... surprised the crowd mainly picked Jacobs since he's been a heel for a while. They did the belt justice definitely. Amira looked like an absolute snack as per usual.

Great show overall - we managed to sit between two sets of people who had actually showered and worn deodorant too. Smelled some RIPE ones queueing for the bar though :scust:

:pachaha: Nice writeup breh.... sounds like u had fun. Tomorrow will be crazy as well I imagine

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
:pachaha: Nice writeup breh.... sounds like u had fun. Tomorrow will be crazy as well I imagine

Feels like anyone with an interest in wrestling in London is just buzzing this weekend... it should be a great atmosphere tomorrow.

A friend of ours was at Eve (women's promotion we go to most months) this afternoon, sounds like that was packed and loud too.

Thunder Rosa showed up at Riot Cabaret on Friday night and is coming back for a title match against Nina Samuels in October. Mrs has already bought tickets :salute:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Ricky Knight Jr Vs Zozaya. RKJ is the best prospect from the Knight Family IMO, but he came out with some weirdass Punisher (I think) inspired body paint with two masked partners who turned out to be Saraya and Zak Knight. Saraya got booed (fukk these heathens) and RKJ got "shyt Finn Balor, you're just a shyt Finn Balor" when everyone saw his paint :troll: Good match. We saw these two at York Hall a while back - if Zozaya doesn't break his neck before he gets famous he's going to be a big deal I think.

I’ve only seen two Zozaya (the other being Summer Sizzler) and love that guy. That guy is the future of RevPro if AEW or WWE don’t snatch him up.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I’ve only seen two Zozaya (the other being Summer Sizzler) and love that guy. That guy is the future of RevPro if AEW or WWE don’t snatch him up.

Definitely. Guys an absolute prodigy.

I'm AMAZED we didn't see him break his neck at Fantastica Mania in York Hall a few months ago though - springboard flippy thing onto an opponent outside and :damn:

We thought he was DONE done but somehow he finished the match.

Mrs holds her breath every time he gets airborne now :lupe:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Great show, main event was fukking amazing. MOTT contender

I need to rewatch the main event tomorrow.

I know it was great because if it wasn't I think we would've all fallen asleep after ZSJ left, but I can't remember much of the first half. They brought us back to life. :wow: :salute:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That was the rumor for a while. They wanted Brock to destroy Bryan. But if memory serves, Bryan got injured during that garbage feud with Kane.
His fukked his neck up in a Randy Orton match in 13', but Bryan just rode the wave of finally getting a real world tittle win push and thought he could work hurt till the Lesnar match, which he knew was losing in a squash.

But soon after WM he start to lose strength in one of his arms and the doctors told him he had to neck surgery ASAP so he had to forfeit after defending against Kane.

Looking back, that was such a dumb fukking title defense. Those years Cokeboy was obsessed with having his babyface champions defending their title against either a heel Kane or Big Show to show "they were for real as champs" :snoop:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Definitely. Guys an absolute prodigy.

I'm AMAZED we didn't see him break his neck at Fantastica Mania in York Hall a few months ago though - springboard flippy thing onto an opponent outside and :damn:

We thought he was DONE done but somehow he finished the match.

Mrs holds her breath every time he gets airborne now :lupe:
He almost broke his fukking neck at Summer Sizzler too, think he injured his opponent in the process.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
He almost broke his fukking neck at Summer Sizzler too, think he injured his opponent in the process.

Was that the Shooting Star onto RKJ? Nearly Brock Lesnar'd himself in front of 500 people :sadbron:

He went up for it tonight but chickened out and RKJ went in for the kill to finish the match. Not a bad way to capitalise on the accident/botch tbh.