The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hold up...yo ass never did Trial of the Sword? Eventide Island? :mjlol:
Nikka, didn't I just say the Master Sword quest?:gucci: Plus, I've already discussed with you that damn quest earlier in this very thread. I'm thinking your standom of the game is starting to give your brain too much density.

Eventide Island was challenging as well. I forgot about that one tbh, but yeah, anything in the game where you're essentially stripped of your shyt is going to be more difficult by design and I welcomed the challenge. The Monk was also a good challenge, easily the hardest boss of the game, tho when I reached him, I still kilt him first time go, like most bosses in the game.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Nikka, didn't I just say the Master Sword quest?:gucci: Plus, I've already discussion that damn quest earlier in this very thread. I'm thinking your standom of the game is starting to give your brain too much density.

Eventide Island was challenging as well. I forgot about that one tbh, but yeah, anything in the game where you're essentially stripped of your shyt is going to be more difficult by designed and I welcomed the challenge. The Monk was also a good challenge, easily the hardest boss of the game, tho when I reached him, I still kilt him first time go, like most bosses in the game.
ooh good for you. Monk whupped my ass so hard in Master Mode I turned the Switch off and played Call of Duty. You never played this game in Master Mode no wonder you can't appreciate it and think its easy.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ooh good for you. Monk whupped my ass so hard in Master Mode I turned the Switch off and played Call of Duty. You never played this game in Master Mode no wonder you can't appreciate it and think its easy.
I also stated, TO YOU, that I have played the game in Master Mode, but only up to a point. I got tired of playing the game by then.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Yeah it would be dope if master mode is already available. But I'm going to need them to turn down the enemy health. I hate when regular enemies in games are like sponges on some destiny shyt

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
I'd start the game on Master Mode if it was available from jump. But since that usually isn't the case, I doubt it, as I'm not likely to beat long ass games twice over and it'll liable to take me over a year to beat it the first time as is, due to time and taking breaks from long ass games.

And no. No Zelda game that I've played would I consider them remotely difficult out the gate. If hard modes aren't present at onset, then it's not as likely that I'd get to them tho. Just is what it is with any game for me. The hardest thing about BOTW was the very beginning when you're getting used to the controls and no weapons and low health and the Master Sword quest. Everything else was about average difficulty really. Not even saying that it has to be some uber difficult game, just that as a series, it's never really been anyways, so it's funny talk and doing too much to think some folks need hand holding just because these last two games have a myriad of options as opposed to other open-world, adventure games. I'm duly aware that you could make the game harder on yourself by not upgrading shyt or keeping your health low, but that's not how I ever play any game, aside from doing select challenges or something.
BotW wasn't hard, but you could spice it up by limiting food. Running around with hundreds of apples and dozens of full-healing food with all kinds of buffs definitely made the game piss easy. :mjlol:

Limiting it to 5 slots of cooked food and one elixir, no raw ingredients, made it a lot more interesting to me without doing headass rules like no upgrades.
Yeah it would be dope if master mode is already available. But I'm going to need them to turn down the enemy health. I hate when regular enemies in games are like sponges on some destiny shyt
Stat increases and damage sponges are the most boring kinds of difficulty to me.

At least we already know this game will have more enermy variety, that's what's up. More attacks and things that actually make you use your brain.
I hope they buffed Lynels. :mjgrin:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
My local GameStop hit me with the okey-doke. Went from “swing by thursday at 3PM to buy the collectors edition” to “oh no, this is just for you to get a chance for a raffle ticket to buy the collectors edition tonight at 9PM”

Guess I’ll be back there tonight. I haven’t been to a midnight release in super smash brothers brawl. I was like 12 or 13 years old. I forgot that these midnight releases bring out a lot of weirdos.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My local GameStop hit me with the okey-doke. Went from “swing by thursday at 3PM to buy the collectors edition” to “oh no, this is just for you to get a chance for a raffle ticket to buy the collectors edition tonight at 9PM”

Guess I’ll be back there tonight. I haven’t been to a midnight release in super smash brothers brawl. I was like 12 or 13 years old. I forgot that these midnight releases bring out a lot of weirdos.

Don't worry, you'll be among your people.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BotW wasn't hard, but you could spice it up by limiting food. Running around with hundreds of apples and dozens of full-healing food with all kinds of buffs definitely made the game piss easy. :mjlol:

Limiting it to 5 slots of cooked food and one elixir, no raw ingredients, made it a lot more interesting to me without doing headass rules like no upgrades.

Stat increases and damage sponges are the most boring kinds of difficulty to me.

At least we already know this game will have more enermy variety, that's what's up. More attacks and things that actually make you use your brain.

I never cooked anything other than what a mission specifically made me. I think it's cool, you have all these ingredients you encounter and you can forge shyt but I wasn't going to look up guides on the best cooks and forges and shyt. I'm sure that made the game a lot harder than it should've been. But honestly they didn't Dumb it down enough for me. If I highlighted hylian milk, or raw meat and it showed on one screen or the press of a button, your better yet a combination of all the different cooks and their attributes based on what I currently had, I would've cooked more.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
I never cooked anything other than what a mission specifically made me. I think it's cool, you have all these ingredients you encounter and you can forge shyt but I wasn't going to look up guides on the best cooks and forges and shyt. I'm sure that made the game a lot harder than it should've been. But honestly they didn't Dumb it down enough for me. If I highlighted hylian milk, or raw meat and it showed on one screen or the press of a button, your better yet a combination of all the different cooks and their attributes based on what I currently had, I would've cooked more.
And you really shouldn't have.

The thing about BotW is that you just have to fukk around and find out. When it comes to cooking, you don't need recipe guides or anything.

Would you have done some really busted meals had you looked them up? Yes, but most of the time it's as simple as: "I don't have any healing, I'd better throw some bullshyt in a pot and get something."

And it just works.

Basically, when it comes to BotW, if you think that something should work, it probably does, and if it doesn't, it makes sense. (Like throwing a bundle of wood into a pot won't make a good meal)

Iirc, the two main rules of cooking in both games is that cooking doubles the healing effect of an ingredient, and you can't stack up special effects (Like foods that recover stamina, protect against cold, etc.) if you try to do it, you lose both.

BotW is at its best when you're just trying shyt out without a guide.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps

I don't even mind when they do a ton of damage like the Souls games. But I hate sponges; the only way sponges can be justified is if it's a boss.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Dre Space Age, this excerpt of SkillUp's review is exactly what I've been saying about the specific combat mechanics in these games and breaks down exactly why you's a gotdamn fool for ever thinking the combat mechanics is the best in gaming. Fortunately, it doesn't need to be and that's not what most are here for anyway. Classic games notwithstanding and I've always said the combat mechanics here are at least better than that in the Witcher 3, but that's not saying much either. Let us never discuss that aspect again.

Now with that out the way, feel free to continue to praise the game's many other strengths where it truly shines at.