The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I've been playing games since the 8 bit era. I don't need another man's opinion or a YouTube video to judge how well a game's combat mechanics are compared to other games.

It's because I've beaten Ninja Gaidens, God of Wars, Devil May Crys etc that I can truly appreciate the complexity and depth of combat in BOTW/TOTK. Advanced combat in these games is a hidden layer peasants just do not understand.

Lookit this Lynel slipping on a ChuChu

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Less than an hour…
giphy.gif

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And you really shouldn't have.

The thing about BotW is that you just have to fukk around and find out. When it comes to cooking, you don't need recipe guides or anything.

Would you have done some really busted meals had you looked them up? Yes, but most of the time it's as simple as: "I don't have any healing, I'd better throw some bullshyt in a pot and get something."

And it just works.

Basically, when it comes to BotW, if you think that something should work, it probably does, and if it doesn't, it makes sense. (Like throwing a bundle of wood into a pot won't make a good meal)

Iirc, the two main rules of cooking in both games is that cooking doubles the healing effect of an ingredient, and you can't stack up special effects (Like foods that recover stamina, protect against cold, etc.) if you try to do it, you lose both.

BotW is at its best when you're just trying shyt out without a guide.

You're not lying. You do have to fukk around and find out. But seeing pictures of 10 and 20 minute elixirs and you fukk around and get 3 hearts ain't that fun imo especially when you make it to the next town and some a$$hole wants 100 junebugs. So I just held on to my inventory so I didn't have to do as many grind missions. Cause as soon as you use the shyt here comes that a$$hole.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
how's the emulation on the deck? still on the fence about it but really wanna get one when they get an OLED screen version.

dialogue has no place in video games >: (
Well, after finally getting his updated version of the game going, it's actually been not too bad this evening, finally. Gfx look a lot better now and even the clouds are fixed and it hasn't crashed on me yet in over an hour playing, which was a first for me.