The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
Only looked up the solution for one shrine and that was the circle joint. Oh yeah and the water key one as well :blessed:

Tho I was bombing the fukk outta them target joints:lolbron:

I’m ji blown I’m pretty much finished the game :mjcry:

DLC my body is ready for you :takedat:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
While I didn't love parts of the endgame and the ending is just.... there, I have no problems calling this one of the greatest games I've ever played. So many moments where I was just in awe of the design, unique sequences that showcase the physics, moments that I made by creating wild shyt to traverse the map. What a game

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The Zelda cycle stays undefeated.
BotW was slandered for six years(sometimes rightfully so) for weapon degradation, lack of enemy variety, empty world, uninspired dungeons etc..
Tears improved most of that…and now BotW is a better game.

It’s kinda scary how long this has been happening with this series.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BotW was slandered for six years(sometimes rightfully so) for weapon degradation, lack of enemy variety, empty world, uninspired dungeons etc..

I dont really see how BoTW could be considered a better game, and they definitely didn’t fix the dungeons. Same 4 dungeons are basically expanded divine beast in the end. They couldnt even put them in new locations lol

I think each of the dungeons including the bosses took me less than an hour to beat.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I dont really see how BoTW could be considered a better game, and they definitely didn’t fix the dungeons. Same 4 dungeons are basically expanded divine beast in the end. They couldnt even put them in new locations lol

I respect that, but I think the Temples are much better than the Divine Beasts.:yeshrug:
As far as BotW being a better game, that’s the cycle. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a new Zelda not be labeled worse than it’s predecessor after two weeks on the streets.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
but I think the Temples are much better than the Divine Beasts.

They are but thats not saying much. I almost feel like its incredibly lazy design that every temple has the same solution which is basically hit these 5 switches in whatever order and they are pretty easy to get to.

Maybe ascend and all the zonai stuff just simplify the game too much. I feel like a lot of the stuff from the shrines could have been implemented in the dungeons, because the puzzle designs in the temples feel like second thoughts.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I respect that, but I think the Temples are much better than the Divine Beasts.:yeshrug:
As far as BotW being a better game, that’s the cycle. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a new Zelda not be labeled worse than it’s predecessor after two weeks on the streets.
On what world/planet are you gathering that wack take from? The streets of Hyrule? :mjlol: You're literally the first person on the net or RL that I've seen even utter that, lol. Smh.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
On what world/planet are you gathering that wack take from? The streets of Hyrule? :mjlol: You're literally the first person on the net or RL that I've seen even utter that, lol. Smh.
Right the stance I'm seeing everywhere is this game makes BoTW feel like a big ass tech demo/proof of concept and this is the actual finished product

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Funny enough a new coworker of mines was talking about games and upon bringing up Zelda, he said he thinks BOTW is a better game after completing it.

I disagreed. The game mechanics in BOTW along with the better dungeons make up for the things I disliked the most about BOTW.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny enough a new coworker of mines was talking about games and upon bringing up Zelda, he said he thinks BOTW is a better game after completing it.

I disagreed. The game mechanics in BOTW along with the better dungeons make up for the things I disliked the most about BOTW.

I can see someone like BoTW more for the same reason thy like GoW18 more, its a more paired down experience. I knew once you could run from the great plateau straight to Gannon in BoTW the game was gonna be very different. This game feels like its trying to be bigger but the bigness doesn’t add a lot extra, map wise. The underground is kind of barebones and the sky islands aren’t really interesting outside of the starting area, i definitely expected more puzzles and mini dungeons on them like the tutorial area. Once you’re back in hyrule proper it feels same-y.

The zonai tools and building aspects are what make this game better. If it weren’t for that the winner would easily be BoTW for the simple fact that it was a groundbreaking game and you can only really capture that feeling once. The way this game iterates on that is an upgrade but it does have a huge sense of bloat.