The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

For a long time, i thought SA was going to end up being one of those people i had to ‘cancel’ a couple years back, like i just know he’s gonna be on some :mjpls: and ruin my childhood like hulk.

Turns out he’s pretty cool from what I’ve seen. You can never be too sure with wrestlers/wrestling fans

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
There are certain aspects of gameplay in Breath of the Wild that are better than Tears of the Kingdom: Rune bombs, Revali's Gale, Stasis even Hyrule Castle music is better.

However TOTK is fukking massive content-wise so I can't complain. So many things to do.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
For a long time, i thought SA was going to end up being one of those people i had to ‘cancel’ a couple years back, like i just know he’s gonna be on some :mjpls: and ruin my childhood like hulk.

Turns out he’s pretty cool from what I’ve seen. You can never be too sure with wrestlers/wrestling fans
Yeah, I felt the same. Especially with how authentic that "acting":mjpls: was in The Longest Yard. But there's been enough thorough black wrestlers give him respect, praise and to vouch for him that he wasn't on that shyt.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There are certain aspects of gameplay in Breath of the Wild that are better than Tears of the Kingdom: Rune bombs, Revali's Gale, Stasis even Hyrule Castle music is better.

However TOTK is fukking massive content-wise so I can't complain. So many things to do.
Hyrule castle music is better than damn near all Zelda music in history, so that's like whatever. But otherwise, the music as a whole in TOTK shyts on BOTW royally.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
:dead: @ anyone thinking BOTW is better in any way than TOTK. Playing through BOTW the first time was special and is hard to top with any other game. That has to be the only reason people might say it was better.

Everything about TOTK is better, if there was a way to wipe your memory of BOTW and you played TOTK first no way would anyone want to play the other.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can see someone like BoTW more for the same reason thy like GoW18 more, its a more paired down experience. I knew once you could run from the great plateau straight to Gannon in BoTW the game was gonna be very different. This game feels like its trying to be bigger but the bigness doesn’t add a lot extra, map wise. The underground is kind of barebones and the sky islands aren’t really interesting outside of the starting area, i definitely expected more puzzles and mini dungeons on them like the tutorial area. Once you’re back in hyrule proper it feels same-y.

The zonai tools and building aspects are what make this game better. If it weren’t for that the winner would easily be BoTW for the simple fact that it was a groundbreaking game and you can only really capture that feeling once. The way this game iterates on that is an upgrade but it does have a huge sense of bloat.

I think you are saying something different. You are saying BOTW is a better experience just by being first and setting the standard, but not necessarily a better game.

This would be like me saying GTA 3 is a better game than GTA San Andreas because GTA 3 broke a lot of ground. But realistically that would sound absurd because San Andreas literally does everything better as a game than GTA 3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think you are saying something different. You are saying BOTW is a better experience just by being first and setting the standard, but not necessarily a better game.

This would be like me saying GTA 3 is a better game than GTA San Andreas because GTA 3 broke a lot of ground. But realistically that would sound absurd because San Andreas literally does everything better as a game than GTA 3.

It would come down to someone not liking what was added which i could see. I could see people not loving the companions and their skills versus the first game, not wanting to engage with the building, and the added map and sky islands not offfering anything as exciting as the basic hyrule map.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:dead: @ anyone thinking BOTW is better in any way than TOTK. Playing through BOTW the first time was special and is hard to top with any other game. That has to be the only reason people might say it was better.

Everything about TOTK is better, if there was a way to wipe your memory of BOTW and you played TOTK first no way would anyone want to play the other.
BOTW intro was better.