The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Appreciate the pro-tip
Im the kinda gamer who tries to fight every enemy i see, and im running through swords way too fast.
Weapon durability was the reason I stopped playing the first time but what I've been doing now is stocking up on arrows in every town to use on smaller enemies to conserve my weapons for bigger enemies/bosses. Those headshots actually do a lot of damage too. On that note, and this might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't like the bombs...on enemies any way. I feel as though they don't do nearly enough damage, and that's after having them upgraded.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Weapon durability was the reason I stopped playing the first time but what I've been doing now is stocking up on arrows in every town to use on smaller enemies to conserve my weapons for bigger enemies/bosses. Those headshots actually do a lot of damage too. On that note, and this might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't like the bombs...on enemies any way. I feel as though they don't do nearly enough damage, and that's after having them upgraded.
Because im such a melee player, i haven't even been using the bombs like that.:ohhh:

Im getting slow mo kills so much that im breaking all my swords:mjcry:

Guess i gotta switch it up
feeling the same way as I play thru it now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You think them bombs ain’t shyt well they ain’t until you let ya balls drop by playing Trial of the Sword. Bombs, even Korok Leafs become a life saver.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
You think them bombs ain’t shyt well they ain’t until you let ya balls drop by playing Trial of the Sword. Bombs, even Korok Leafs become a life saver.
Oh, I know they’re helpful...especially when there’s a bomb barrel or two around (and against a certain sand mini boss) but in general, I don’t think they’ve very effective in combat.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Oh, I know they’re helpful...especially when there’s a bomb barrel or two around (and against a certain sand mini boss) but in general, I don’t think they’ve very effective in combat.
They are great for crowd control. For example when you’re running away from an enemy, drop one on the ground and when your far enough, blow it up to stagger or knock them down.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Appreciate the pro-tip
Im the kinda gamer who tries to fight every enemy i see, and im running through swords way too fast.
The game is not designed to fight every enemy head on with your weapons. Use your surroundings and tools like dropping metal boxes with Magnesis on enemies to do damage, switch to heavy weapons to smack them off cliffs, etc. etc.

Thinking that you're playing a hack n slash game is the best way to limit your experience of the game because you'll never make use of all the opportunities the game offers you and instead will just be confronted with the limited weapon durability over and over.